Whatevr's Success Story - With Timeline

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Update.

The last week I've been eating low fat high carb and taking some thyroid hormones to see if I can feel a bit more energetic and improve my libido.

Well, since low fat decreases estrogen by up to 50% (and keeps testosterone about the same), and thyroid hormones tend to increase androgen synthesis...

Guess what happened in that week? My hair shed like a motherfucker and it looks like RU stopped working. I look like sh*t. Never shed so hard in my life, it's like I'm taking letrozole all over again. My entire right temple is just GONE... like, the density there got halved in a mere 6 days.

What in the actual f***.

So, people, there you have it - the only reason why RU works for me is because I am probably deficient in androgens and oversaturated with estrogen. The moment I tried to correct that, I shed like a b**ch and everything stopped working. Oh and I seriously doubt it's a "regrowth shed" either.

Well, back to feeling like crap I guess.

THIS is why male pattern baldness ruins lives. I cannot have a girlfriend because of this - hair loss meds kill my libido and make me feel anxious, low energy, I am no fun and I feel like sh*t. If I don't take meds, I will go bald. Either way, the girl will leave me due to being unable to f*** her or going bald. Either way it is impossible to live a normal life with male pattern baldness genetics. There is no winning combination here. It's just one lottery where everything you draw is a piece of sh*t.
Not to mention that fina and duta make it more difficult for you to be a dad. It's not a win-win situation.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/17299062/

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol. I'm at the other end of the spectrum with my e2. Huge shedding this week, too. Looks like finasteride and ru are too weak. Debating if I wait or immediately jump on dutasteride.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol. I'm at the other end of the spectrum with my e2. Huge shedding this week, too. Looks like finasteride and ru are too weak. Debating if I wait or immediately jump on dutasteride.

Why have you stopped using E2 when yours is too low?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
@whatevr where is that flow chart you posted that showed the different mechanisms of action of ketoconazole?

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why have you stopped using E2 when yours is too low?

Because it causes massive shedding. I used it on Christmas and once last week and I'm loosing hair like hell. Not sure if the shedding is good or bad, but I can't risk it. :D

But I guess it causes immediate upregulation. I also got massive boners when I started ru.

Last edited:

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude, just buzz it short and commit to a treatment. That's what i did.

Problem is I'm not sure it's really a treatment.

But I will start minoxidil and maybe dutasteride soon.

Medina

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Some people have expressed the idea that I am now NW0, unfortunately that's not quite the case. I uploaded a 3rd hairline photo with my hair swept up and wet from Minoxidil, there you can see the damage on the temples that I have yet to recover.

You can also see the very fine, silver hairs just along the edges of the hairline - these are the result of estrogen and appeared in the past 3 weeks since adding Alpicort F. Hope I can make them terminal!

Have you considered the Alpicort F worked because of the corticosteroids? There was a guy who took Seretide for years and when he stopped his baldness become aggressive. I asthmatic and own a Seretide inhaler and have seriously thought about applying it topically lol.

Pacey123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you considered the Alpicort F worked because of the corticosteroids? There was a guy who took Seretide for years and when he stopped his baldness become aggressive. I asthmatic and own a Seretide inhaler and have seriously thought about applying it topically lol.

Wouldn't recommend alpicort especially because of the corticosteroids, it's not a long term solution since it fucks your scalp/skin in the long term because it's thinning it.

Medina

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wouldn't recommend alpicort especially because of the corticosteroids, it's not a long term solution since it fucks your scalp/skin in the long term because it's thinning it.

Fair enough. I wonder if using straight estradiol cream (conservatively) could garner results with little sides.

My hairloss is VERY slow so I'm looking for regrowth rather than maintenance

Ruby

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Fair enough. I wonder if using straight estradiol cream (conservatively) could garner results with little sides.

My hairloss is VERY slow so I'm looking for regrowth rather than maintenance

I've been using Oestrogel every few days and it seems to help, but the best thing I've found that worked for me when I notice an increase in shed starting to happen, is to use some topical Progestelle oil for a couple days... that really has been slamming the brakes on my sheds.

But then my endocrine system has now been radically flipped 180 degrees out of phase from what it used to be, so what works for me might not work for y'all.

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Medina

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been using Oestrogel every few days and it seems to help, but the best thing I've found that worked for me when I notice an increase in shed starting to happen, is to use some topical Progestelle oil for a couple days... that really has been slamming the brakes on my sheds.

But then my endocrine system has now been radically flipped 180 degrees out of phase from what it used to be, so what works for me might not work for y'all.

Hi Ruby, I have some questions

Does stemoxydine work?
What have you had regrowth with?
Would Oestrogel every few days be too risky for a cis male?

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update.

The last week I've been eating low fat high carb and taking some thyroid hormones to see if I can feel a bit more energetic and improve my libido.

Well, since low fat decreases estrogen by up to 50% (and keeps testosterone about the same), and thyroid hormones tend to increase androgen synthesis...

Guess what happened in that week? My hair shed like a motherfucker and it looks like RU stopped working. I look like sh*t. Never shed so hard in my life, it's like I'm taking letrozole all over again. My entire right temple is just GONE... like, the density there got halved in a mere 6 days.

What in the actual f***.

So, people, there you have it - the only reason why RU works for me is because I am probably deficient in androgens and oversaturated with estrogen. The moment I tried to correct that, I shed like a b**ch and everything stopped working. Oh and I seriously doubt it's a "regrowth shed" either.

Well, back to feeling like crap I guess.

THIS is why male pattern baldness ruins lives. I cannot have a girlfriend because of this - hair loss meds kill my libido and make me feel anxious, low energy, I am no fun and I feel like sh*t. If I don't take meds, I will go bald. Either way, the girl will leave me due to being unable to f*** her or going bald. Either way it is impossible to live a normal life with male pattern baldness genetics. There is no winning combination here. It's just one lottery where everything you draw is a piece of sh*t.

Pics of ur temple that looks worse?

Ruby

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Ruby, I have some questions

Does stemoxydine work?
What have you had regrowth with?
Would Oestrogel every few days be too risky for a cis male?

Stemoxydine works a little bit, but you have to use it in cycles, 3 months on / 3 months off. During the off months you may experience shedding of any new grown hairs kinda like stopping minoxidil, but not as badly.

I'd have to say that the lions share of the regrowth I've experienced thus far has been the combination of eliminating my testosterone and DHT via powerful antiandrogens and estradiol plus minoxidil as the hair growth stimulant.

Oestrogel goes systemic almost instantly and you'd certainly risk experiencing some feminizing effects from it.