How much has hair loss affected your looks? (Pics)

Hammer87

Established Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:

I don't see your point. Yeh, you look a bit better with hair, so what? The difference is hardly huge, and certainly not big enough to let it destroy your life.

People generally hit their peak at 18-21. And after that it is down hill a bit, ask any women or man (even with a full head of hair) in their late 20s or later if they could go back to how they looked at 21 and they'd jump at the chance. It's natural.

What it has confirmed to me is that the problem is more in your head than on your head.

Do you think many 60 year old men sit at home depressed as they don't look 15 anymore? I doubt it.

emex4

Established Member
Reaction score
yeah uncomfortable man looks normal. i think he just has serious mental issues.

s.a.f. and hatprisoner91 on the other hand..........i bet those two knobs are uglier than hell.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Ya momma does'nt think so. :mrgreen:

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Hammer87 said:
The difference is hardly huge
Then how do you explain people who have only seen me with a hat on, not even recognizing me after they see me without the hat and a shaved head?
P.S.-Emex, way to preach positivity, then turn around and say something stupid like that. :bravo: Hypocrite!

Hammer87

Established Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
Hammer87 said:
Then how do you explain people who have only seen me with a hat on, not even recognizing me after they see me without the hat and a shaved head?

I was talking about in terms of attractiveness alone, there isn't a huge difference between in your case, you having hair and not having hair. I've said before, a decent looking person will look good with or without hair (Calum Best as an example). Wayne Rooney on the other hand doesn't look good with or without hair.(Again, his level of attractiveness is not changed greatly, he doesn't look much worse without hair, he just never looked great to begin with). Attractiveness to the opposite sex is a lot more than hair, it's teeth, facial shape (symmatry), bones structure, eyes etc.

Of course you'll literally look different, so does anyone who wears a hat/changes their hairstyle. But it's not like you look ugly without hair, and this is baring in mind that in that pic you're wearing a wierd t-shirt, slouched and generally not looking your best anyway.

That's my honest opinion, I have no reason to feed your ego or anything so I'm not just saying it. With confidence I could see you scoring a lot of chicks. I have mates with less hair and not as good looking as you ( :gay: ) who get a girl a week just with their cockiness alone.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
When will people learn that emex is only here to provoke others? Read his earlier posts?

Read his psychotic "offer" to me to move to Canada or something to work with him? Yeah I will pick up and move from the US to work with some guy I had spoken to ONCE on a hairloss website without even blinking. When I mention this, look at how his tone changes. In the beginning, I thought it was annoying but now I just shrug my shoulders because I learned that this is another textbook example of an "internet tough guy" who sits at their computer and talks condescendingly to others because they can safely hide from being knocked out that way.

Hammer87

Established Member
Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:
Cassin said:
If it wasn't for hair loss he would have found something else to fixate on.

Perhaps but it wouldn't necessarily be as crippling.

No disrespect to UM, but if he's in this state about his competely normal appearance, I don't think it would take a lot to 'cripple' him.

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:
who sits at their computer and talks condescendingly to others because they can safely hide from being knocked out that way.

Why are you so aggressive. Have you always solved your disagreements in the past with violence?

s.a.f

Reaction score
Hammer87 said:
uncomfortable man said:
Hammer87 said:

I was talking about in terms of attractiveness alone, there isn't a huge difference between in your case, you having hair and not having hair. I've said before, a decent looking person will look good with or without hair (Calum Best as an example). Wayne Rooney on the other hand doesn't look good with or without hair.(Again, his level of attractiveness is not changed greatly, he doesn't look much worse without hair, he just never looked great to begin with). Attractiveness to the opposite sex is a lot more than hair, it's teeth, facial shape (symmatry), bones structure, eyes etc.

The difference is not going to be huge but it can be significant.
When it comes to attractivness every little helps and to some people the difference between being bald and having hair could be as much as 20/30% in their eyes. Or could knock 10yrs of their perceived age. And then lets not forget the difference it would make to Ucmans confidence and outlook if he had hair.

Hammer87

Established Member
Reaction score
The difference is not going to be huge but it can be significant.
When it comes to attractivness every little helps and to some people the difference between being bald and having hair could be as much as 20/30% in their eyes. Or could knock 10yrs of their perceived age. And then lets not forget the difference it would make to Ucmans confidence and outlook if he had hair.

That comes down to self perception and confidence more than anything in my opinion

On a slightly related note, when I studied psychology I looked a study which I then repeated achieving similar results.

It was a study which showed that ethnic minorities percieved themselves to be persecuted/discriminated against/disliked by the host society FAR more than they actually were. - I believe this to be similar some bald men in the way they believe they are percieved by others.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Who dat?

Attachments

• normalize_jpeg.jpg
    normalize_jpeg.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 1,174

emex4

Established Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
P.S.-Emex, way to preach positivity, then turn around and say something stupid like that. :bravo: Hypocrite!

wow, you know what, you're totally right. that was a really stupid thing for me to say. i was drunk when i wrote it i think. i'm an alcoholic.

i do still believe in positivity though.

and hatprisoner91 i love you, big guy.

jakeb

Established Member
Reaction score
WTF is going on here. Every single one of you fuckers look better in the buzzed pic than the scraggly haired pic.

What are we all so depressed about? I thought we were supposed to be depressed here at HairLossTalk.com.