How much has hair loss affected your looks? (Pics)

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hammer87 said:
No disrespect to UM, but if he's in this state about his competely normal appearance, I don't think it would take a lot to 'cripple' him.

There you have it. It's a new "normal". It's not like being born short where you don't know what it's like to be tall. Imagine you were born tall and for some odd genetic reason, you started shrinking (im talking from like 6 foot 2 to 5 foot 2). It would be like a really tough adjustment no? Going from having hair like everyone else to having none is the same. Losing some of it is a bit more acceptable. But when you have NO hair, you are in such a small minority among your peers it's ridiculous.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
optimus prime said:
Why are you so aggressive. Have you always solved your disagreements in the past with violence?

If someone is in front of my face trying to disrespect or hurt me or my family, then yes I do lose. I mean I don't walk around and try to insult people like that so why should they? Some people get off on taking shots at others and the only way for them to learn is for finally someone to step up and teach them a lesson.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
elvis123 said:
hahaha

The one in the red is uncomfortable man, and the one in the blue is hatprisoner91

hahaha

Well not quite lol.

Add about 7 inches of height on the guy, about 50 pounds of upper body muscle and then it's closer to me. The head looks pretty right though hah.

Hammer87

Established Member
Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:
Hammer87 said:
No disrespect to UM, but if he's in this state about his competely normal appearance, I don't think it would take a lot to 'cripple' him.

There you have it. It's a new "normal". It's not like being born short where you don't know what it's like to be tall. Imagine you were born tall and for some odd genetic reason, you started shrinking (im talking from like 6 foot 2 to 5 foot 2). It would be like a really tough adjustment no? Going from having hair like everyone else to having none is the same. Losing some of it is a bit more acceptable. But when you have NO hair, you are in such a small minority among your peers it's ridiculous.

It's not the same. That would be so rare you'd feel like a freak and worry there's a serious underlying cause. Hairloss is so common that it's normal with age, making it easier to adjust to than if you were shrinking. That doesn't mean it's desirable, but you're not going to be the only one which makes it easier to go through.

f***, most amputees deal better with their loss than some of the guys here...

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I finally went to that hot or not site and saw the type of guys on there. 20 year olds with their shirts off sprawled out across the hood of his corvette with a six pack and of course full heads of hair. I felt like a total queer for even looking at it, but there is no way I could ever compete with that.

barcafan

Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:
Hammer87 said:

But i can come right back and say that the person who is 5 foot 2 has always been subjected (provided he was 'short' throughout his entire life) to criticism, character assassination and discrimination his entire life. If the bald person had a normal life then he should be able to "get over it" more readily than a person who's been 'disadvantaged' their whole lives because they had already formed most of their intellectual maturity prior to going bald, therefore should have the skills to be able to deal with it more efficiently. Not that i'm comparing baldness to shortness, i think the latter is much more (unfortunately) debilitating to a man, through no fault of his own of course (same with male pattern baldness).

Anyways, i think it's quite clear that male pattern baldness isn't the root of the problem here, merely a scapegoat. Or an 'excuse' if you will. Then again this is all from the perspective of a (Non bald) outsider looking in. I also base my posts on these types of issues from personal experiences. I don't remember many (If any) occasions where while i was out with my friends/relatives/coworkers/etc that when a bald person passed by that there was any rude comments/looks given towards them (from my group, anyway). When i didnt have male pattern baldness on my mind i dont remember looking at bald people and wincing in disgust or thinking 'what the f*** is wrong with this guy? he have cancer?'. It's weird because you can't really question the validity of the statements coming from people because its so f*****g subjective on their part. I don't think it's an unfair statement to make that when you see someone stare at you, you seem to always want to attribute that staring to whats on your mind and what you're anxious about. We're so focused on whats wrong with us that we always forget to think about what's right. Sure the media is partly to blame, but you saying i'm depressed/anxious/suicidal/etc BECAUSE of the media is just a cop out, you gotta be strong rise above that kinda sh*t.

All in all, i'd say that yes im sure there are instances where people belittle you and talk sh*t about your lack of hair, but i cant simply cannot accept that it occurs as much as you guys claim it does. sh*t, maybe its because im such a nice guy :D

barcafan

Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:
optimus prime said:
Why are you so aggressive. Have you always solved your disagreements in the past with violence?

If someone is in front of my face trying to disrespect or hurt me or my family, then yes I do lose. I mean I don't walk around and try to insult people like that so why should they? Some people get off on taking shots at others and the only way for them to learn is for finally someone to step up and teach them a lesson.

The best revenge is living well, mate.

ali777

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
I finally went to that hot or not site and saw the type of guys on there. 20 year olds with their shirts off sprawled out across the hood of his corvette with a six pack and of course full heads of hair. I felt like a total queer for even looking at it, but there is no way I could ever compete with that.

Compete with the kids???

Dude, we are in a different league now. I might have had different looks in my 20s, but mentally I prefer how I am now. I'm more mature, more focused, more experienced, etc...

Why do you even want to compete with the 20yos? For 20yo chicks?

I don't know about you, but I prefer girls who are in the 25-33yo range. I doubt it they would go for a 20yo kid with perfect hair.

You are a good looking man, you need help from somewhere. Just get on with your life...

elvis123

Established Member
Reaction score
ali777 said:
uncomfortable man said:

Compete with the kids???

Dude, we are in a different league now. I might have had different looks in my 20s, but mentally I prefer how I am now. I'm more mature, more focused, more experienced, etc...

Why do you even want to compete with the 20yos? For 20yo chicks?

I don't know about you, but I prefer girls who are in the 25-33yo range. I doubt it they would go for a 20yo kid with perfect hair.

You are a good looking man, you need help from somewhere. Just get on with your life...

I have a feeling that Uman thinks looking like brad pitt or tom cruise is the norm......

It may be in hollywood, but that's hollywood...

i don't understand why you keep whining about things that weren't yours to begin with...

Hammer87

Established Member
Reaction score
Everytime I mean see Brad Pitt and Johnny Depp I breakdown crying and don't come out of my room for days, I don't speak to anyone and have made 3 Depp Sighting suicide attempts.

I mean I could just never compete with that!

Bald Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
barcafan said:
HatPrisoner91 said:
Hammer87 said:

But i can come right back and say that the person who is 5 foot 2 has always been subjected (provided he was 'short' throughout his entire life) to criticism, character assassination and discrimination his entire life. If the bald person had a normal life then he should be able to "get over it" more readily than a person who's been 'disadvantaged' their whole lives because they had already formed most of their intellectual maturity prior to going bald, therefore should have the skills to be able to deal with it more efficiently. Not that i'm comparing baldness to shortness, i think the latter is much more (unfortunately) debilitating to a man, through no fault of his own of course (same with male pattern baldness).

Anyways, i think it's quite clear that male pattern baldness isn't the root of the problem here, merely a scapegoat. Or an 'excuse' if you will. Then again this is all from the perspective of a (Non bald) outsider looking in. I also base my posts on these types of issues from personal experiences. I don't remember many (If any) occasions where while i was out with my friends/relatives/coworkers/etc that when a bald person passed by that there was any rude comments/looks given towards them (from my group, anyway). When i didnt have male pattern baldness on my mind i dont remember looking at bald people and wincing in disgust or thinking 'what the f*ck is wrong with this guy? he have cancer?'. It's weird because you can't really question the validity of the statements coming from people because its so f****ing subjective on their part. I don't think it's an unfair statement to make that when you see someone stare at you, you seem to always want to attribute that staring to whats on your mind and what you're anxious about. We're so focused on whats wrong with us that we always forget to think about what's right. Sure the media is partly to blame, but you saying i'm depressed/anxious/suicidal/etc BECAUSE of the media is just a cop out, you gotta be strong rise above that kinda sh*t.

All in all, i'd say that yes im sure there are instances where people belittle you and talk sh*t about your lack of hair, but i cant simply cannot accept that it occurs as much as you guys claim it does. sh*t, maybe its because im such a nice guy :D

What about if you are bald and short? :dunno:

At school I was bullied for being short and now people still give me stick for being short but also for being bald :(

I can only blame 2 things for my lack of gf's and thats my height and hairloss because I am no means a shy guy and whenever I appraoch a girl in a bar she straight away tells me to go away even before I say anything. :dunno:

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hammer87 said:
It's not the same. That would be so rare you'd feel like a freak and worry there's a serious underlying cause. Hairloss is so common that it's normal with age, making it easier to adjust to than if you were shrinking. That doesn't mean it's desirable, but you're not going to be the only one which makes it easier to go through.

f*ck, most amputees deal better with their loss than some of the guys here...

It's as close as an analogy as you are going to get other than being horribly burned. I was giving examples of something you were not born with that happened to you and you could not stop it.

But honestly, being BALD (not balding but BALD) in your 20's (which I am assuming he was. I know I was) is similar. You MIGHT see one person at day in your age group who looks like you.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
barcafan said:

But by then you have accepted. I mean you don't know what it's like to be tall. You are always short. I'm sure it bothers you. At the same time, while some people make fun of short guys, no one thinks its "ugly". It's not an "ugly" trait. It's more like "he's too short for me" or "I don't like blondes".

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bald Dave said:

At school I was bullied for being short and now people still give me stick for being short but also for being bald :(

I can only blame 2 things for my lack of gf's and thats my height and hairloss because I am no means a shy guy and whenever I appraoch a girl in a bar she straight away tells me to go away even before I say anything. :dunno:

According to people here, it's all about confidence LOL. You can be as confident as you want but being BALD, you will get situations like this happening to you. Probably a lot.

Hammer87

Established Member
Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:
barcafan said:

But by then you have accepted. I mean you don't know what it's like to be tall. You are always short. I'm sure it bothers you. At the same time, while some people make fun of short guys, no one thinks its "ugly". It's not an "ugly" trait. It's more like "he's too short for me" or "I don't like blondes".

Being bald isn't really an ugly trait in itself - It's often detrimental but it's not as if there's a fine line between good looking and ugly, revolving just around hair. If you're ugly, you're ugly with or without hair e.g. Wayne Rooney. If you're good looking, you're good looking with or without hair - Calum Best, John Travolta, Neil Strauss etc.

I'd much rather be bald than stupidly short e.g. 5ft.

ali777

Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:
Bald Dave said:

According to people here, it's all about confidence LOL. You can be as confident as you want but being BALD, you will get situations like this happening to you. Probably a lot.

This will probably sound very bad, but I prefer to be tall and bald than short with hair... For me height comes before hair...

Saying that, I never look for height in the opposite sex, 2 of my ex girlfriends were petite. However, I keep hearing how girls prefer tall guys, I never felt short around a woman. One of my best friends is a short guy, he's always had good looking girlfriends and he's got a very good career.

Hammer87

Established Member
Reaction score
Trust me.

You'll get more girls being bald and 6ft than full head of hair and 5ft. - Each study I've read is different. But on average baldness puts of 20%-40% of girls, but something like 7/10 women said they'd be put off by a guy shorter than them.

Danny De Vito/Joe Pesci would be fucked. :woot:

ali777

Reaction score
Hammer87 said:
Being bald isn't really an ugly trait in itself - It's often detrimental but it's not as if there's a fine line between good looking and ugly, revolving just around hair. If you're ugly, you're ugly with or without hair e.g. Wayne Rooney. If you're good looking, you're good looking with or without hair - Calum Best, John Travolta, Neil Strauss etc.

I'm not :gay: but I can't see the appeal of Calum Best. I think he's one of those Z listed celebrities that makes the most of his surname and bank balance.

I also don't agree that Rooney is ugly. He's not exactly the best looking man out there, but he's not ugly... He comes across as a sincere person, and that makes him a lovable character.

Hammer87

Established Member
Reaction score
ali777 said:
Hammer87 said:

I'm not :gay: but I can't see the appeal of Calum Best. I think he's one of those Z listed celebrities that makes the most of his surname and bank balance.

I also don't agree that Rooney is ugly. He's not exactly the best looking man out there, but he's not ugly... He comes across as a sincere person, and that makes him a lovable character.

When I talk about Best, ignore his name, fame, his body even, his money and everything. If you saw him at a store you'd still think he was very good looking.

As for Rooney, he's not offensivly ugly, I was just trying to think of a well known young bald person who wasn't the most attractive. - Actually it's more the facial expressions he pulls during matchs that make him look bad. During the post match interviews when he's calm and composed he actually looks quite good.