How much has hair loss affected your looks? (Pics)

heyitsthatguy

Established Member
Reaction score
ghg said:
rheinblick03 said:
Shave it off, get muscular, grow facial hair and youll be surprised how many women will be after you.....

I think I've seen this before... anyway doesn't work for all guys, for example me. Bad headshape for starters. Then that get muscular thing... hmm, I've been trying for 1,5 years with little results. I can't eat freely because that would make my face look like a minefield, so bulking up is almost impossible. Gaining weight without carbs (except those that come from veggies and seeds etc) is almost impossible, or at least very hard and expensive. I can't even grow decent facial hair... so good tips, but not for everyone.
You don't have to worry about it though because your not going bald.

gascoigne

Established Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
Imo, you look better without the hat as you still have a good amount of hair covering your head. Btw, you look better with it buzzed short and a little facial hair...it makes you look more masculine. In my case I know for a fact that loosing my hair has depreciated my looks dramatically. As anything relating with beauty it is all a matter of proportion. Now that my hairline is non existent and my forehead extends to the back of my head, it throws my facial proportions way out of whack. Also, with no hair on top to frame my face it just looks unsettling. There was a study conducted where a group of people were shown a series of pictures with and without frames and asked which version they preferred and why. An overwhelming majority chose the framed pictures as it gave them a feeling of permanence and stability. The same rules apply to our faces. This is why I feel most people find bald guys aesthetically unappealing. To prove this point I could photoshop you into an nw6 and show the pictures side by side. Then you will truly realize how dramatically going completely bald changes your appearance for the worse.

Very, very, very good post. Congts UCman. I like every word and this is BOTTOM LINE about aestethics of baldness.

gascoigne

Established Member
Reaction score
Dario said:
Hey UM, alter my pics...you have them somewhere in "my story" section.

wait....

here it is:
img0994qu3.jpg

Be gentle! :mrgreen:

Man, you look VERY, VERY HANDSOME. You look like Colin Farrel!
It would be great shame to loos your nice hair and frame.

gascoigne

Established Member
Reaction score
ali777 said:
uncomfortable man said:
I finally went to that hot or not site and saw the type of guys on there. 20 year olds with their shirts off sprawled out across the hood of his corvette with a six pack and of course full heads of hair. I felt like a total queer for even looking at it, but there is no way I could ever compete with that.

Compete with the kids???

Dude, we are in a different league now. I might have had different looks in my 20s, but mentally I prefer how I am now. I'm more mature, more focused, more experienced, etc...

Why do you even want to compete with the 20yos? For 20yo chicks?

I don't know about you, but I prefer girls who are in the 25-33yo range. I doubt it they would go for a 20yo kid with perfect hair.

You are a good looking man, you need help from somewhere. Just get on with your life...

UCman: I cant compete with 20 years old good looking guys.

He is 32+ old guy with wife and kids. !? !? !? !? !? !? !?

sylent

Established Member
Reaction score
gascoigne said:
ali777 said:
uncomfortable man said:
I finally went to that hot or not site and saw the type of guys on there. 20 year olds with their shirts off sprawled out across the hood of his corvette with a six pack and of course full heads of hair. I felt like a total queer for even looking at it, but there is no way I could ever compete with that.

Compete with the kids???

Dude, we are in a different league now. I might have had different looks in my 20s, but mentally I prefer how I am now. I'm more mature, more focused, more experienced, etc...

I don't know about you, but I prefer girls who are in the 25-33yo range. I doubt it they would go for a 20yo kid with perfect hair.

You are a good looking man, you need help from somewhere. Just get on with your life...

^ I actually agree with this. 35 yo's, bald or not, should not try to be competing with 20 yo's.

Baldtimmy

Reaction score
ClayShaw said:
One shining example of a man who absolutely looks BETTER bald:

He usually looks weird as sh*t bald! I don't know what you're talking about, the pic of him with hair is a bad example because he was already thinning then and he grew it out so of course it looked bad!

gascoigne

Established Member
Reaction score
gascoigne said:
ali777 said:
uncomfortable man said:

Compete with the kids???

Finally someone agree with gascoigne.