How much has hair loss affected your looks? (Pics)

qball01

Established Member
Reaction score
stars_01.jpg

Sorryo to revive this old thread, but...Tom Cruise, like all bald men...is just hideous without his hair....we're all doomed.

Honestly, I don't see the big difference between completely bald and still having a hairline but buzzed off really short with a zero guard...the hairline going away won't completely destroy your looks if you look good with a shaved nw2-3.

Hope4hairRedux

Established Member
Reaction score
No way !

I think Tom Cruise looks alright.. ok he doesnt look as good as he did before.. but it still looks good..anyone?

Hope4hairRedux

Established Member
Reaction score
But taking a second look at that pic.. its kinda scary huh.. i wouldnt say hes 'hideous'.. but definitly pretty average looking.. you just have to be very lucky with good proportions or be famous to look good bald.. or both really, aka bruce willis..

i see so many older guys about, who are like nw5-7s.. and its just likee.. f***.. they've simply given up on mantaining their physique.. terrible skin.. overweight.. unkempt.. its just so scary thinking.. f*** that might be me one day.. its just so depressing.. Because in my eyes, the simple truth is that if your white than the chances are you aint gonna look good bald.. maybe like 3 out of 10 guys can pull it off.. perfect skin and phsyical condition become our only salvation -as well as smart clothes/good fashiion and most importanty a positive outlook..

perhaps we really are doomed..!

Route66

Reaction score
Cruise would probably look as good bald as almost any man could. Though not as good as he does with hair, obviously. (I'm saying this is a straight guy BTW - lol).

He actually made a movie bald - Taps (1981), well two if you count Tropic Thunder. I can't find a good photo of him bald in Taps, though (he shaves his head half way through the movie).

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hope4hairRedux said:
But taking a second look at that pic.. its kinda scary huh.. i wouldnt say hes 'hideous'.. but definitly pretty average looking.. you just have to be very lucky with good proportions or be famous to look good bald.. or both really, aka bruce willis..

i see so many older guys about, who are like nw5-7s.. and its just likee.. f*ck.. they've simply given up on mantaining their physique.. terrible skin.. overweight.. unkempt.. its just so scary thinking.. f*ck that might be me one day.. its just so depressing.. Because in my eyes, the simple truth is that if your white than the chances are you aint gonna look good bald.. maybe like 3 out of 10 guys can pull it off.. perfect skin and phsyical condition become our only salvation -as well as smart clothes/good fashiion and most importanty a positive outlook..

perhaps we really are doomed..!

Thats what terrifies me about losing my hair. The fact that I used to have really thick, nice hair was the only thing that sort of helped my awful skin. Never going to be able to shave it, look terrible with short hair...
I'm screwed. The good thing is, I never got used to having a woman around, so I don't know what I'm missing. Thats a plus, I guess.

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Route66 said:
Cruise would probably look as good bald as almost any man could. Though not as good as he does with hair, obviously. (I'm saying this is a straight guy BTW - lol).

He actually made a movie bald - Taps (1981), well two if you count Tropic Thunder. I can't find a good photo of him bald in Taps, though (he shaves his head half way through the movie).

Why does everyone say that? Like "No homo". Who gives a f***? Its an internet forum. If I saw one of you guys who haven't posted pics on the street, I wouldn't know who you are. Its so weird.

qball01

Established Member
Reaction score
I was being sarcastic when I said he looked hideous....cmn now.

He still looks better than the majority of guys with hair...he goes from pretty boy with hair to bad-*** bald, but the look definitely works. Its just ridiculous IMO to have this mindset that once you go bald you can no longer be considered attractive at ALL...that living life high up in the looks department is over.

And Hope 4 Hair...I think the main problem a lot of guys have is that they resent the fact they may have to do more to compensate for their appearance bald...but IF THEY DO those things, there is no reason you can't still be good looking...even REALLY good looking. You can tan, either real or artificially to take care of pale skin...you can work out and cut to a low body fat, and you can dress well. I think more people need to do the best they can to "pull off being bald"---people may resent having to be a tanned, in shape, shaved head bald guy with facial hair but its a hell of a lot better than the alternative of being that bald guy you described who is out of shape, bad teeth and skin, fringe of horseshoe hair....of course its not unlikely to think that women arent gonna find THAT kind of bald attractive...but there really is plenty of evidence to suggest that they are attracted to guys who shave their heads and take care of their appearance...

and BTW...I am a 21 year old who is prbly a nw2 with such bad diffuse thinning I shave with a guard regularily. Yeah its tough but I'm doing my best to pull off the bald look, knowing that if I can continue to do so as I get older my odds can be pretty good at life....I figured I'd finally chime in with some opinions because reading these forums can depress me to the point where I think my life is already over because I think..."if all these guys are so miserable and shunned by women/society because of baldness, then whats gonna make me different?"

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
qball01 said:
stars_01.jpg

Sorryo to revive this old thread, but...Tom Cruise, like all bald men...is just hideous without his hair....we're all doomed.

Honestly, I don't see the big difference between completely bald and still having a hairline but buzzed off really short with a zero guard...the hairline going away won't completely destroy your looks if you look good with a shaved nw2-3.
Damn, just....damn. You threw me for a loop there. This is a case where I can say that he actually pulled it off! His features actually pop more where he is bald. That could also be because the of the difference in lighting, the change in eye color and the fact that the version of him with hair is slightly blurrier but on the whole he looks great in both pictures! Now I'm sure most women would still prefer the right one but I also think this is a special case that cannot be applied to the average man-this is Tom Cruz here. But this does support the idea that a good looking man is still a good looking man with or without his hair. Needless to say If Tom Cruz was bald, he would be playing a whole lot more villain roles.

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Plenty of men look fine bald. Plenty don't.
The game that has been going on in this thread (is being X worse than being Y) is really, really dumb. Sorry guys. It just is.
You want to play that game? Someone used the example of an amputee. As bad as someone who lost a leg may have it, theres someone somewhere that lost a leg to a land mine and got very crude medical care. Then there's someone that lost a leg somewhere to a land mine that got very crude medical care, and is alone in life. Or whatever you want to come up with.
That game never ends.
Don't bother playing.
All that matters is how whatever X or Y is affects that person. It could be a dropped pickle jar that pushes someone over the edge. For that person, thats as bad as it gets.
The one thing that pisses me off on these boards is those who think they know whats good for someone else. Someone they don't know, and have only "talked" to on an internet forum. And it goes both ways. Telling an NW2 to get the f*** out because they're not yet NW6 (although they may be there in 6 months) is the same as telling a guy like HP that he's a useless piece of sh*t. The only exception to this rule is Kerzyguy.
EDIT:
Whats with the censors on these boards??? We're all adults here. Just because you take the u out of f***.... It's not fooling anyone.
Mods, please excuse me. You guys do a good job, and these boards are great. Thats one thing I disagree with, thats all.
And by the way, Cruz (love it UMan) looks a lot less threatening with hair. All the Xenu mumbojumbo is threatening enough as it is...
I don't know about you Europeans, Asians, etc., but us American white guys shave our heads, and about 50% of people you run into assume you've joined a white power group (although that is changing).

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
One shining example of a man who absolutely looks BETTER bald:

Attachments

• Zwan_Billy_Corgan_Head_Shot.jpg
    Zwan_Billy_Corgan_Head_Shot.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 1,171
  • Promopic1990.jpg
    Promopic1990.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 208

qball01

Established Member
Reaction score
[quote="ClayShaw"
And by the way, Cruz (love it UMan) looks a lot less threatening with hair. All the Xenu mumbojumbo is threatening enough as it is...
I don't know about you Europeans, Asians, etc., but us American white guys shave our heads, and about 50% of people you run into assume you've joined a white power group (although that is changing).[/quote]

I don't think the stereotype is necessarily racist anymore because far too many people do shave their heads...but you're right, there prbly is a perceived notion on behalf of others that you're a "tough guy"...who is an overall mean person, but that can be shown to be untrue once you actually talk to people...

Thickandthin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
qball01 said:
stars_01.jpg

Cruise looks like an absolute badass without hair! And a handsome one at that.

I think that would be a hell of a career move for him to shave it off for a movie or something. He looks amazing bald IMO.

Fundi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
qball01 said:
stars_01.jpg

You kidding!? He looks awesome bald.

I'd rather look like that than be your average dude with a full head of hair!

qball01

Established Member
Reaction score
lol, I said I was being SARCASTIC...I was mirroring the thoughts of those people who seem to argue that Baldness is automatically grounds for being bad looking and ugly. I agree, I would rather look like that bald than the majority of men with hair...and I intend to be a sauve, good looking bald guy as I get older...its just still really tough when you're only 21 and have to shave your head frequently or else look like a 30 year old teachers college graduate....

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your headshape is great except for the little bit of flatness in the back.

Petchsky

Reaction score
askas said:

You have more weight to your face now, which I think makes you look better. I see the club bouncer/guard look you mention, but many women like that look as you look strong, like you could protect them.

Hair would be a nice option for you, but you do pull off the shaved look well.

thetodd

Established Member
Reaction score
My hairloss has greatly effected the way I look, as it does for most people. Looking different doesn't necessarily mean looking bad, though. Some guys can get away with shaving their domes. Others don't look quite so good. I saw a lot of guys around here going for the shaved look, so I tried it myself. What an ugly f***er I was. But then when my hair grew back, I wasn't happy with that, either. I was a child of the eighties, so you can imagine what my hair looked like as a teenager. Long, thick, and feathered. When that look went out, I just got it cut a little shorter and combed it differently. I wasn't one of these guys who spent lot of time looking in the mirror, though. Wash hair, dry it, put on a little spray to keep things under control...that was it. I always knew my hair was going to thin at some point because most guys in my family are lucky to keep theirs past 30. It really didn't start bothering me very much until I turned 40 last december, though. I guess hitting that milestone knocked me back a bit.
I'm using stuff to conceal my thin areas now, but when I get out of the shower and look in the mirror...ouch. I now either use toppik or wear a hat when I'm leaving the house. It's just too bad that my thinning hair didn't start bothering me a lot sooner. If I'd started using minoxidil, nizoral, and propecia ten years ago, I probably wouldn't be in the predicament I now find myself in.

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I dont think old tom is that good looking. If he wasnt famous you wouldnt walk past him and say wow now theres a guy with looks.

His wife is stinking. She looks ill. I wouldnt hit it.

im glad nicole got away from alien boy. Now that i would hit.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
rheinblick03 said:
Shave it off, get muscular, grow facial hair and youll be surprised how many women will be after you.....

I think I've seen this before... anyway doesn't work for all guys, for example me. Bad headshape for starters. Then that get muscular thing... hmm, I've been trying for 1,5 years with little results. I can't eat freely because that would make my face look like a minefield, so bulking up is almost impossible. Gaining weight without carbs (except those that come from veggies and seeds etc) is almost impossible, or at least very hard and expensive. I can't even grow decent facial hair... so good tips, but not for everyone.