How much has hair loss affected your looks? (Pics)

elvis123

Established Member
Reaction score
Hammer87 said:
Everytime I mean see Brad Pitt and Johnny Depp I breakdown crying and don't come out of my room for days, I don't speak to anyone and have made 3 Depp Sighting suicide attempts.

I mean I could just never compete with that!

Are you serious?......I know Johnny Depp is sexy and all, but you dont' have to kill yourself over him.....

Cassin

Reaction score
elvis123 said:
Hammer87 said:
Everytime I mean see Brad Pitt and Johnny Depp I breakdown crying and don't come out of my room for days, I don't speak to anyone and have made 3 Depp Sighting suicide attempts.

I mean I could just never compete with that!

Are you serious?......I know Johnny Depp is sexy and all, but you dont' have to kill yourself over him.....

elvis...turn on your sarcasm radar! :)

ZOIDBERG

Reaction score
sarcasm_detector.jpg

I hope everyone enjoyed my fleeting visit back to the forum

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
i don't understand why you keep whining about things that weren't yours to begin with...
I whine about being bald. Was I always bald? No, because you're wrong. I used to have hair and lost it and have a right to be pissed off, regardless of what you nw2s think. And I'm not trying to go for any women right now, much less twenty year olds :roll: . Going bald has severely effected my appearance and for as much as appearances count in this society (alot), I have been equally as affected.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
i don't understand why you keep whining about things that weren't yours to begin with...
I whine about being bald. Was I always bald? No, because you're wrong. I used to have hair and lost it and have a right to be pissed off, regardless of what you nw2s think. And I'm not trying to go for any women right now, much less twenty year olds :roll: . Going bald has severely effected my appearance and for as much as appearances count in this society (alot), I have been equally as affected.

If being pissed off about everything is what you wanna do with your life, I guess that's your choice. But don't act like you're the only one who's bald and the only one balding who has the right to feel bad about it.

Hammer87 said:
As for Rooney, he's not offensivly ugly, I was just trying to think of a well known young bald person who wasn't the most attractive. - Actually it's more the facial expressions he pulls during matchs that make him look bad. During the post match interviews when he's calm and composed he actually looks quite good.

Oh, if Rooney can look good I guess I still have some hope. I mean, I don't think he's an elephant man either but he is below average for sure.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hammer87 said:
Being bald isn't really an ugly trait in itself - It's often detrimental but it's not as if there's a fine line between good looking and ugly, revolving just around hair. If you're ugly, you're ugly with or without hair e.g. Wayne Rooney. If you're good looking, you're good looking with or without hair - Calum Best, John Travolta, Neil Strauss etc.

I'd much rather be bald than stupidly short e.g. 5ft.

Not true at all. That's a very misinformed generic statement. Some people DO look ok or good with certain hair and then don't without it. For example, a guy with bad looking ears who can cover it up with long hair. A guy with a big head or misshaped head but with hair, it's not noticeable at all and so forth.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hammer87 said:
Trust me.

You'll get more girls being bald and 6ft than full head of hair and 5ft. - Each study I've read is different. But on average baldness puts of 20%-40% of girls, but something like 7/10 women said they'd be put off by a guy shorter than them.

Danny De Vito/Joe Pesci would be f***ed. :woot:

Depends on how short versus how tall. I am over 6 foot tall and completely bald.

I can' stand when people throw out generic statements like that. If a guy is a midget (5 foot and shorter) then he is gonna have it tough. But short guys (SLY Stallone anyone?) can do quite well. Yes they are short but they are not "UGLY" like someone who has lost his hair and looks bad with it is.

Hammer87

Established Member
Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:
Hammer87 said:
Trust me.

You'll get more girls being bald and 6ft than full head of hair and 5ft. - Each study I've read is different. But on average baldness puts of 20%-40% of girls, but something like 7/10 women said they'd be put off by a guy shorter than them.

Depends on how short versus how tall. I am over 6 foot tall and completely bald.

I can' stand when people throw out generic statements like that. If a guy is a midget (5 foot and shorter) then he is gonna have it tough. But short guys (SLY Stallone anyone?) can do quite well. Yes they are short but they are not "UGLY" like someone who has lost his hair and looks bad with it is.

Sly Stallone is something like 5'8-9 - So how is that a good example when the average male height is something like 5'8?

Hammer87

Established Member
Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:
Hammer87 said:
Being bald isn't really an ugly trait in itself - It's often detrimental but it's not as if there's a fine line between good looking and ugly, revolving just around hair. If you're ugly, you're ugly with or without hair e.g. Wayne Rooney. If you're good looking, you're good looking with or without hair - Calum Best, John Travolta, Neil Strauss etc.

I'd much rather be bald than stupidly short e.g. 5ft.

Not true at all. That's a very misinformed generic statement. Some people DO look ok or good with certain hair and then don't without it. For example, a guy with bad looking ears who can cover it up with long hair. A guy with a big head or misshaped head but with hair, it's not noticeable at all and so forth.

Yes and that revolves around attractiveness to begin with - If you have wierd shaped ears, just because you can cover them up doesn't mean it's not an unattractive trait - That's like saying bald is no problem as everyone can just get a wig to cover it up. Jude Law doesn't have a great shaped head (Kind of alien looking) for the bald look, but since he was good looking to begin with he certainly isn't ugly now. Same with Billy Zane. He looks good with a wig in Titanic, but doesn't look ugly without hair.

Bald Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
But a short man has a huge disadvantage over a taller man when looking for a partner. Its a well known fact that women want a guy taller than themselves. I am 5"6 and even though I am probably slightly taller than most girls you've still gotta consider that when you go to a meeting place i.e. a bar, the women will wear heels so if a women is 5"5 with heels she is gonna be 5"8 or 5"9 and therefore gonna ignore anyone shorter than them. You might see some women date shorter guys but those cases are very rear. I am currently going out with a girl who is quite large (size 22) and she is the same height as me because she always wears flat shoes and never high heels. She is my first gf and the only girl thats ever been interested in me so I am quite greatful that a girl is interested in me and looks beyond my height and baldness just like I look beyond her weight. The sad thing is that its not my fault that I am short and going bald and I always fear that if she losses the weight she will dump me like a sack of potatoes and go for a taller man with hair :(

Hammer87

Established Member
Reaction score
My uncles 5'7 and bald. He has a beautiful wife, guess he's done well for himself.

Personality has taken him a long way I feel.

Bald Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
How old is your uncle and his wife? Is his wife taller, shorter or the same size as him (with heels)?

Hammer87

Established Member
Reaction score
He's 42 Now. They married when he was 36 (He was completely bald then too) having dated for 2-3 years. She's taller than him with heals, around the same height (Maybe one inch shorter) when they're both standing without shoes.

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bald Dave said:
The sad thing is that its not my fault that I am short and going bald and I always fear that if she losses the weight she will dump me like a sack of potatoes and go for a taller man with hair :(

You could date an Asian girl,they are short and VERY sexy!

or

You could woo her and make her feel great around you and love you and then she will never be able to break up with you. Doesn't matter what you look like. You see these soldiers come back from war with legs missing and arms missing and damaged faces, yet you notice their wives or girlfriends always smiling with their arms around them...its love dude, love.

barcafan

Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:
Hammer87 said:
Trust me.

Don't you see how hypocritical you're being though? You keep stating how no one knows how you feel unless they're bald themselves. Well then why are you talking about short guys? You're tall you have NO idea how it is to be short. I bet you every short guy says the same thing about how being short is much worse than being bald/fat or whatever. Being under 5 foot is a ridiculous extreme, being under 5'5 is more realistic and that's really short for a man.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
barcafan said:
Don't you see how hypocritical you're being though? You keep stating how no one knows how you feel unless they're bald themselves. Well then why are you talking about short guys? You're tall you have NO idea how it is to be short. I bet you every short guy says the same thing about how being short is much worse than being bald/fat or whatever. Being under 5 foot is a ridiculous extreme, being under 5'5 is more realistic and that's really short for a man.

No. What I originally said was that it was not the same thing because did any of these guys grow up tall and then at 20 years old, lose it? I never said that short people shouldn't feel bad. I said it's not the same as being bald for the reason I just said.

What I said about people is that when they are balding or thinning, telling people who have lost it all that they are doing it, so this guy should too is stupid. I'm not going to short guy forums (how many of THOSE exist versus hairloss forums?) and telling them "we are in the same boat". You know what would be ta good analogy? A guy who is 5 foot 6 telling a DWARF that they are in the same boat.

For Hammer, Sly Stallone IS short. For his Rocky roles, he stood on platforms a lot to make himself seem taller.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
One of the new friends I met at school is super short. I didn't really notice until we first hung out, but I towered over him and I could tell it made him a little uncomfortable. He got around to talking about being short and I shared my little secret and confided with him that I am bald (I even took off my hat to show him). "It's like we're equals!" he said. I still think he has it better than me because he is good looking enough to make up for his shortness and from what I can tell, the hot girls like him, despite his height.

elvis123

Established Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
One of the new friends I met at school is super short. I didn't really notice until we first hung out, but I towered over him and I could tell it made him a little uncomfortable. He got around to talking about being short and I shared my little secret and confided with him that I am bald (I even took off my hat to show him). "It's like we're equals!" he said. I still think he has it better than me because he is good looking enough to make up for his shortness and from what I can tell, the hot girls like him, despite his height.

how tall would you say your friend is?

cleverusername

Established Member
Reaction score
everyone has some kind of flaw. It's pretty pointless to argue over which is worse because it's all a matter of perspective.

As a very short person (5'4'') I can say height has never been much of an issue for me. I've heard jokes about my height since 1st grade so I'm pretty numb to it. I know most girls my height or taller would be less inclined to date me than say a girl whos 5'1''. So I date short girls and there are plenty to choose from in all different colors :D

My issue is the hair loss and really I bet if I was as comfortable with my hair as I am my height I'd have no trouble meeting women. I'm smart, educated, have a good job, nice apartment etc all I lack is a little hair and a lot of confidence.