How much has hair loss affected your looks? (Pics)

toocoolforhair

Established Member
Reaction score
I tried another photo to make sure it wasn't like optimus prime said and that the low rating was because I was posing. This time I tried a spontaneous photo taken in a night club and the results are a lot better. Maybe the hair loss doesn't have that much of an effect after all (although in this new picture it might not look like I'm balding, rather buzzing for fashion). I'm still not sure quite how much hair loss affects a person's looks. Maybe it varies from individual to individual. Or maybe the effect isn't as big as we think it is. I suppose I'll have a better understanding when I've lost more hair, as then it will be more noticeable in photographs.

98.jpg

toocoolforhair

Established Member
Reaction score
I also submitted my edited bald picture for rating on a different site. The results were better than I thought they would be. Maybe they felt sorry for the poor bald guy?

baldvote.jpg

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You look way better in the natural picture. Good score. LOL..The picture edited with Photoshop just looks unnatural, and not because of the hairloss.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why are you so stuck on getting a "good score" from these "cool sites"?

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Unnatural? That is what a bald guy looks like. I know it's fake but now you see what we see when we look in the mirror.

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:
Unnatural? That is what a bald guy looks like. I know it's fake but now you see what we see when we look in the mirror.

No its not! Since when has a balding guy looked like that.

His scalp CLEARLY changes colour.
The natural Curve of his head changes in the picture photoshopped.

The picture looks unnatural because it is photoshopped. I have seen a picture of UM and he doesn't look unnatural. He looks completely normal. A normal bald guy.

s.a.f

Reaction score
baldvote.jpg
[/quote]

If I saw that pic I would'nt think it looks unnatural and I dont think most other people would spot it as photoshopped. I'd just think that kid is young to be a NW6.

Hammer87

Established Member
Reaction score
It also looks unnatural as I've never seen a 22 year old that bald (Excluding chemo, alopecia etc.)

If you ever did end up that bald, by that time your face would have matured, maybe a few wrinkles lol and it would suit your face far better.

s.a.f

Reaction score
No, I've seen a few really young NW6's. That pic could definatley be real, the fact that you know its not is clouding your judgement.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hammer87 said:
It also looks unnatural as I've never seen a 22 year old that bald (Excluding chemo, alopecia etc.)

If you ever did end up that bald, by that time your face would have matured, maybe a few wrinkles lol and it would suit your face far better.

I was a NW6 by 24.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
optimus prime said:
No its not! Since when has a balding guy looked like that.

His scalp CLEARLY changes colour.
The natural Curve of his head changes in the picture photoshopped.

The picture looks unnatural because it is photoshopped. I have seen a picture of UM and he doesn't look unnatural. He looks completely normal. A normal bald guy.

It looks natural. And I hate to tell you but in some cases, your head on top does not match the skin on the rest of you. Especially in the summer when you are supposed to cover up with a hat or sunblock up there all the time as you burn really bad.

This is what frustrates me. People who aren't bald acting like they know what they are talking about. UMan's skin tone is lighter I believe from this guy. Trust me that that photo does NOT look unnatural at all.

Hammer87

Established Member
Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:
Hammer87 said:

I was a NW6 by 24.

I have seen quite a few Norwood 6s at 24. But at 22, there's at least hair there, whether it's thin or whatever. Usually.

Hammer87

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
No, I've seen a few really young NW6's. That pic could definatley be real, the fact that you know its not is clouding your judgement.

Possibly.

But to me it looks like mockups magazines/newspapers do of celebrities for a laugh. If I was told it was real I would believe it (Why would I think otherwise?), but just seeing that pic on the net would make me suspecious of its authenticity.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I wasn't trying to make it look as realistic as possible, I just wanted to show him what he would look like with no hairline and no hair on top. The thing took me all of fifteen minutes to make. And hammer, the fact that tabloids or whatever photoshop celebrities bald for a laugh only further proves my point of how damaging going bald can be to one's image (celebrity or not).
Question, can I sue mother nature for defamation of character?

Hammer87

Established Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
I wasn't trying to make it look as realistic as possible, I just wanted to show him what he would look like with no hairline and no hair on top. The thing took me all of fifteen minutes to make. And hammer, the fact that tabloids or whatever photoshop celebrities bald for a laugh only further proves my point of how damaging going bald can be to one's image (celebrity or not).

'For a laugh' was the wrong word which I used losely, it wasn't for a laugh. It was a mock up of celebrities in their old age (I'm sure others would have seen it, in The Sun).

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hammer87 said:
I have seen quite a few Norwood 6s at 24. But at 22, there's at least hair there, whether it's thin or whatever. Usually.

I have seen hairloss at 22. I had it already. But I hid it well. At 23, it hit hard, by 24 all gone.

toocoolforhair

Established Member
Reaction score
I think the fully bald picture looked good enough to use on rating sites as it wasn't shown in full size. On a dating website it would have been examined more closely. Anyway, I still got a good rating with it so that either means I will still look good completely bald, or people are more likely to give you a higher rating because they feel sorry for you.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
The photoshopped picture looks unnatural because you can clearly see it's photoshopped. I'm not saying that anyone can see it but anyone who has seen lots of manipulated pictures will notice it straight away. It just looks "off".

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:
It looks natural. And I hate to tell you but in some cases, your head on top does not match the skin on the rest of you. Especially in the summer when you are supposed to cover up with a hat or sunblock up there all the time as you burn really bad.

This is what frustrates me. People who aren't bald acting like they know what they are talking about. UMan's skin tone is lighter I believe from this guy. Trust me that that photo does NOT look unnatural at all.

You sound so arrogant. I know what a bald guy looks like. For the entire 24 years of my life my dad has been a NW7, so have three of my uncles and both grandads. I know what a NW7 looks like. For me, seeing NW6/7 man is natural. I use Photoshop alot, to me, that picture appears unnatural. Why do you have to question that?

I am not talking about being a NW6/7. Why are you so obsessed about making every thread about you.

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:

Yea I know UM. It was a good idea. Looks good for a 15 min job. I was just saying to toocoolforhair that I think it looks a bit unnatural to post on a site. Maybe his score would not be accurate.

Apparently thought I am wrong to say that because I am not a NW6/7 yet, apparently you have to be a NW6/7 to be able to judge a photoshopped picture like that.