Dr. Proctor- Snake-oil'n since (at least) 1987..

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
majorsixth said:
Is this the best you can offer as evidence?

As for the word of a mother to whether the man is really the father, that's easy to settle by having a DNA test done, which is real evidence.

That was a JOKE, numb-nuts.

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
Do you believe the word of your mother, when she tells you that the man living in your house is really your father? :dunno:

Sure, you take her word for it, of course :) , though I fail to see a mother's financial incentive for doing so.

All that matters is whether or not the product works. And if it contains an ingredient that has been proven to grow hair, then the term "snake oil" is a misnomer.

Bryan could have just as easily come to the board, and stated that Proctor's stuff regrew a bunch of hair for him. But he didn't do that.

majorsixth

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
majorsixth said:
Is this the best you can offer as evidence?

As for the word of a mother to whether the man is really the father, that's easy to settle by having a DNA test done, which is real evidence.

That was a JOKE, numb-nuts.

Obviously, never the less i have given a true account of how to meet the joke. Now how about you meeting my request in the other half of my post.

I bet you will ignore it because you are like Jacob says a shil for Proctor that can not back up any thing you claim.

majorsixth

Established Member
Reaction score
The Natural said:
Bryan said:
Do you believe the word of your mother, when she tells you that the man living in your house is really your father? :dunno:

Bryan could have just as easily come to the board, and stated that Proctor's stuff regrew a bunch of hair for him. But he didn't do that.

Yes he could have, however, that would be an anecdotal account and Bryan doesn't acknowledge them unless there is own.

Why do you think Bryan stopped using the stuff? It's obvious it didn't do jack sh*t for his hair loss, that's if he even has any ??

I guess you could play dumb and believe the rubbish he tell us about him being poor so couldn't afford it :woot:

Jacob

Reaction score
The Natural said:
All that matters is whether or not the product works. And if it contains an ingredient that has been proven to grow hair, then the term "snake oil" is a misnomer.

Judging from the responses over at HLH on the request for feedback..the product doesn't seem to work too well. In fact one user admitted that the jury is still out on that question. Well over a decade later.

And isn't that brilliant logic. If a product contains minoxidil..there's no way it can be snake-oil('d). Any claims can be made. You can say there are "mysterious ingredients' in it, but not divulge them. You can say it grows significantly more hair on more people than any other agent., w/out any evidence. You can put an ad in the paper saying there was a comprehensive 3 year clinical study, even though it never happened. You can run around saying that the minoxidil in the product really doesn't do much, if anything. On and on.

Bryan couldn't just come to the board and state that Proctor's stuff regrew a bunch of hair for him. Because it didn't do that.

Jacob

Reaction score
majorsixth said:
Why do you think Bryan stopped using the stuff? It's obvious it didn't do jack sh*t for his hair loss, that's if he even has any ??

I guess you could play dumb and believe the rubbish he tell us about him being poor so couldn't afford it :woot:

Prox-N was/is SO expensive. And gosh darn it...he still shampoos his hair but can't afford NANO, either :woot:

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
majorsixth said:
Bryan's really shilling well over at HLH

Oh, are you still persona non grata over at HLH? You just can't stop READING over there, but you can't POST over there? :laugh:

majorsixth

Established Member
Reaction score
Jacob said:
majorsixth said:

Prox-N was/is SO expensive. And gosh darn it...he still shampoos his hair but can't afford NANO, either :woot:

Salesman rarely use the rubbish they push. After all they have first hand information about the product from the horses mouth. Their job is to glorify the product so other mugs buy it ! And judging by the way it's going over on HLH there's two mugs taking the bait. Still the old saying remains true There's one born everyday.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
when I first came here looking for advice, Bryan seemed like an impartial hairloss authority and recommended Prox-N as the best non-minoxidil topical - so I bought a few bottles.

I didn't know he was working for Dr. Proctor though. Ah well... you live and learn.

Jacob

Reaction score
Whether you're pro proctor or anti proctor, (I consider myself in between skeptic until product tested)

You can agree the products are based largely on "Trust" since no specific amounts of any ingredients on label, and many alleged ingredients not on label like PBN/Ntbha with no alleged amounts, and then further more there are "Mystery Ingredients" alleged.

Bottom line, as you can see above his products are based more so on trust of the individual then most other products one buys, so what evidence do we have we can trust or not?

Just..anybody..ask yourself- if this were anybody else(with patents..a Doctor..etc even)...some other company...would you "trust" him/them? Just reread this thread and then what's been pointed out at Wiki. And for the record- I have not posted a dang thing there.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I haven't had a chance to even look at this yet, but I did want to say that Bryan spent years touting the benefits of products that had nothing to do with Proctor. Including Revivogen (from Advanced Skin & Hair LLC), Topical Spironolactone (then being distributed by Dr. Lee), and many others. It would be inaccurate to state that Bryan only promoted Proctors products. Having said that, I will now read everything about this Proctor situation...

Admin

Jacob

Reaction score
Ok..he touted the benefits of a couple of other things. While pushing..calling it the OBVIOUS choice etc...Proctor's products for well over 15 years. Requesting and even demanding evidence for other things and from others while giving Proctor and his products a pass. On and on.

Notice Bryan has been AWOL here since we were no longer allowed to discuss Proctor/Proxiphen etc. And he slowly disappeared from HLH when this thread was pointed out over there.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought he bailed when the new forum software went live. He blew a head gasket or two trying to figure out how to post :)

Jacob

Reaction score
Nope..he was around then...complaining as well as posting. He even tried propping up Proctor again(after this thread was closed..we were told to not be talking about Proctor/Prox etc) until it was pointed out he was doing it again. I guess it was after that ..when he really disappeared. .