Dr. Proctor- Snake-oil'n since (at least) 1987.. | Page 6 | HairLossTalk Forums

Dr. Proctor- Snake-oil'n since (at least) 1987..

Discussion in 'Men's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by Jacob, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Bryan

Bryan Senior Member
    Staff Member

Dislikes Received:
    That was a JOKE, numb-nuts.

2. The Natural

The Natural Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Sure, you take her word for it, of course :) , though I fail to see a mother's financial incentive for doing so.

All that matters is whether or not the product works. And if it contains an ingredient that has been proven to grow hair, then the term "snake oil" is a misnomer.

Bryan could have just as easily come to the board, and stated that Proctor's stuff regrew a bunch of hair for him. But he didn't do that.

3. majorsixth

majorsixth Established Member

Dislikes Received:

Obviously, never the less i have given a true account of how to meet the joke. Now how about you meeting my request in the other half of my post.

I bet you will ignore it because you are like Jacob says a shil for Proctor that can not back up any thing you claim.

4. majorsixth

Dislikes Received:
    Yes he could have, however, that would be an anecdotal account and Bryan doesn't acknowledge them unless there is own.

Why do you think Bryan stopped using the stuff? It's obvious it didn't do jack shit for his hair loss, that's if he even has any ??

I guess you could play dumb and believe the rubbish he tell us about him being poor so couldn't afford it :woot:

5. Jacob

Jacob Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Judging from the responses over at HLH on the request for feedback..the product doesn't seem to work too well. In fact one user admitted that the jury is still out on that question. Well over a decade later.

And isn't that brilliant logic. If a product contains minoxidil..there's no way it can be snake-oil('d). Any claims can be made. You can say there are "mysterious ingredients' in it, but not divulge them. You can say it grows significantly more hair on more people than any other agent., w/out any evidence. You can put an ad in the paper saying there was a comprehensive 3 year clinical study, even though it never happened. You can run around saying that the minoxidil in the product really doesn't do much, if anything. On and on.

Bryan couldn't just come to the board and state that Proctor's stuff regrew a bunch of hair for him. Because it didn't do that.

6. Jacob

Jacob Senior Member

Dislikes Received:

Prox-N was/is SO expensive. And gosh darn it...he still shampoos his hair but can't afford NANO, either :woot:

7. Bryan

Bryan Senior Member
    Staff Member

Dislikes Received:
    Oh, are you still persona non grata over at HLH? You just can't stop READING over there, but you can't POST over there? :laugh:

8. majorsixth

Dislikes Received:
    Salesman rarely use the rubbish they push. After all they have first hand information about the product from the horses mouth. Their job is to glorify the product so other mugs buy it ! And judging by the way it's going over on HLH there's two mugs taking the bait. Still the old saying remains true There's one born everyday.

9. Cassin

Cassin Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    People a stop to ALL discussion on this topic for awhile. Anyone else have anything else to say on it, pm me.

10. Cassin

Cassin Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
  11. DoctorHouse

DoctorHouse Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    uh oh...........................................................:wow:

12. zeroes

zeroes Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
  13. Cassin

Cassin Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    If this turns into petty purse throwing it will be locked again.

14. Quantum Cat

Quantum Cat Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    when I first came here looking for advice, Bryan seemed like an impartial hairloss authority and recommended Prox-N as the best non-minoxidil topical - so I bought a few bottles.

I didn't know he was working for Dr. Proctor though. Ah well... you live and learn.

Quadzilla99 likes this.
  15. Jacob

Jacob Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Just..anybody..ask yourself- if this were anybody else(with patents..a Doctor..etc even)...some other company...would you "trust" him/them? Just reread this thread and then what's been pointed out at Wiki. And for the record- I have not posted a dang thing there.

16. Admin

Admin Administrator My Regimen
    Staff Member

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I haven't had a chance to even look at this yet, but I did want to say that Bryan spent years touting the benefits of products that had nothing to do with Proctor. Including Revivogen (from Advanced Skin & Hair LLC), Topical Spironolactone (then being distributed by Dr. Lee), and many others. It would be inaccurate to state that Bryan only promoted Proctors products. Having said that, I will now read everything about this Proctor situation...

Admin

17. Jacob

Jacob Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Ok..he touted the benefits of a couple of other things. While pushing..calling it the OBVIOUS choice etc...Proctor's products for well over 15 years. Requesting and even demanding evidence for other things and from others while giving Proctor and his products a pass. On and on.

Notice Bryan has been AWOL here since we were no longer allowed to discuss Proctor/Proxiphen etc. And he slowly disappeared from HLH when this thread was pointed out over there.

18. Admin

Staff Member

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I thought he bailed when the new forum software went live. He blew a head gasket or two trying to figure out how to post :)

19. Jacob

Jacob Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Nope..he was around then...complaining as well as posting. He even tried propping up Proctor again(after this thread was closed..we were told to not be talking about Proctor/Prox etc) until it was pointed out he was doing it again. I guess it was after that ..when he really disappeared. .

20. Admin

Staff Member

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen