Will all those using Xandrox15-Plus identify yourselves!

Jm0311

Reaction score
Hi all

Been on spironolactone for around 7 months.....if i dont see much improvement I have been looking into Xandrox 15 plus.

anyone have any experience with Proxiphen as well?

I am taking it you get Xandrox from Dr. Lee?

SoThatsLife

Established Member
Reaction score
I believe Bryan and others have said that topical finasteride gets absorbed systematically and then works by lowering DHT. How much topically finasteride that gets absorbed I don't really know, but if Bryan or micheal barry reads this post they could probably give you some numbers.

BlahBlah12

Established Member
Reaction score
SoThatsLife said:
I believe Bryan and others have said that topical finasteride gets absorbed systematically and then works by lowering DHT. How much topically finasteride that gets absorbed I don't really know, but if Bryan or micheal barry reads this post they could probably give you some numbers.
yea i was thinking that, but if even a little more gets absorbed locally and lessens the systemic effects i would rather go that route than go full force at this point in my life.

SoThatsLife

Established Member
Reaction score
BlahBlah12 said:
yea i was thinking that, but if even a little more gets absorbed locally and lessens the systemic effects i would rather go that route than go full force at this point in my life.

I think that the idea is that it gets absorbed in the scalp and then effects your whole system. Merck have a patent on topical finasteride, but they never went forward with it.

BlahBlah12

Established Member
Reaction score
UPDATE:
been a week since i started and today was the first day i noticed more hair than usual in the shower. I easily shed at least 35 hairs just now which is more than i am used to seeing on my arms and hands however I am not positive that this is a shed being that i didnt wash my hair last night.

I will be able to judge better tomorrow. I tend to shed more hairs if I dont wash my hair for a day especially if i use nizoral on the next day, since it doesnt lather as well and allows me to see majority of hair that falls out..but that said, this seemed like a shed since everytime i looked at my hands there seemed to appear out of nowhere at least 3 or 4 hairs which is indicative for me of a shed

I gota ask..did anyone having success notice a slight shed the first week or two of using xandrox15 plus?

Jm0311

Reaction score
bighurt said:
looking forward to more updates on this. it sounds promising for sure, thinking about making the switch.

i'm on 1mg propecia (well, proscar split up into approx 1/5ths) and i'm really sick of the f-in sides. the 2% (or whatever Merck claims) that have sexual sides has to be way low from all the anecdotal evidence i hear. and it's not even just loss of libido, it's getting up to piss in the middle of the night, weak stream, etc. and it seems to me that the sides very gradually worsen over time. the good news, i went off it for about 2 weeks several months back and by about day 5, i felt 100% normal like i'd never been on it....so it's easily reversible. if nothing else, i have to at least drop down to 0.5mg per day.

i'd probably just go with the 15plus at night and stick with Rogaine foam in the morning for styling reasons (aside from the fact that it should be helping my hair loss, i actually just like the way the foam works to thicken up my hair

been on propecia for like 5-6 years and rogaine for about 2.

how long have you had sides for? why do you have a weak stream of piss? how does that interfere with that?

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
This stuff is effin amazing. If any of you think that this sh*t doesn't work then you are effin retarded and not applying it right. I have 5 of my friends on it now and we're all having insane progress. Until I start losing my hair again.. I am pretty sure this is my last post. :woot: :punk: :) :woot: :jump:

BlahBlah12

Established Member
Reaction score
KielMcK said:
This stuff is effin amazing. If any of you think that this sh*t doesn't work then you are effin retarded and not applying it right. I have 5 of my friends on it now and we're all having insane progress. Until I start losing my hair again.. I am pretty sure this is my last post. :woot: :punk: :) :woot: :jump:
Kiel ya bastaad!
Congrats dude, before you leave for good (please don't...we need people who have had success to keep us updated to give us hope) could you just tell me if you had an initial shed the first week or two after switching to Plus.

Also, could you tell me again the way you and your friends are applying it?
Thanks brotha

harryguy

Reaction score
I added xandrox12.5 two months ago. I go one day with 12.5 then skip a day. On the day I skip, I use Dr. Lee's spironolactone. I see no measurable change yet.

citizen mane

Reaction score
Kiel,

because it is quite sticky do you think a regimen of once a day (before bed time) would give good results. i'm on the big 3 otherwise but hearing your reviews on this makes me want to order some. you definitely sure you're making progress with this stuff and its not progress from other stuff your using e.g spironolactone cream

Citizen mane

JonnyX

Reaction score
If any of you think that this sh*t doesn't work then you are effin retarded and not applying it right. I have 5 of my friends on it now and we're all having insane progress.

I have been on Xandrox 15% Plus since August and I know how to read directions and apply it properly. I have not seen any drastic changes. Congrats that it is working for you but don't assume that it will work for everyone or that the people it does not work for are "retarded". I'm a NW2.5ish. Thick hair everywhere except the temples (horse shoe pattern sure to come) where I continue to shed at the same rate. I'm going to give this stuff like 8 months before making any decisions. Once again congrats on your success. :bravo:

waltbbadd

Reaction score
Hey kiel, how long were you on minoxidil before you switched to xandrox? I've been on minoxidil for about a year, at first awesome results, and now a slow tapering off. I'm wondering whether or not to pull out the big guns just yet. I have the shed question as well- When did it start and how long did it last? Also, I saw you're trying to ween yourself off propecia. DO NOT do that. If you're having good results, stick with what you're doing and don't change it up. I tapered down my propecia dose for a few weeks and think it might've caused my minoxidil regrowth to shed.

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Alright... Last post seriously. Well I might take one last comparison pic to show you all my success. In anycase... here is what I do... this is compiled from my previoius posts so you don't have to search around and find it all:

I've been on Xandrox 15% since February and my hair is effin insane now. I love life again. I put it in at night before bed and when I wake up in the morning and leave it in for an hour or two and then take a shower. I also put in spironolactone cream 5% every other day which I have been doin for years and I have no idea if it has helped to maintain... again I am certian Xandrox is what helped my hair to take off again.

I have 5 other friends on it now and one of my friends was like a norwood 3 and now his hair is thicker than ever. He never made it seem like he cared about his hairloss but now that he has most his hair back he admitted that he was thinking of getting a hair transplant. He just went and bought a blow dryer and some products yesterday to start styling his hair again.

All I can say is if the stuff isn't working for you then you are not using it right. Never skip a dose... use plenty... get it right to the scalp and use it more then once when possible. Take pictures as well. My crown and temples were gettin super thin and wispy and are like perfect now. I like my hair now better then it was in highschool : )

In the past I have tried rogaine foam, rogaine liquid, hairmax laser, some other random minoxidil combos, propecia (which I am still on) and all sorts of supplements... and nizoral (still use). Trust me pretty much all that crap does almost nothing. The best results I had were from liquid rogaine... but it doesn't near compare to Xandrox. When you're hair is growing back and not falling out anymore... you won't be questioning whether or not it is... you will know for certain. It feels great!

I wake up at 9-10:00 and apply the stuff right away... get some work done... hop in the shower around 12:00 and wash out the xandrox from the morning and the night before and then I'm ready to go.

I use the eye dropper and get it right on the scalp on my temples, hairline and crown.

I am also on 1 pill propecia and have been for like 5-6 years now... I also use nizoral every other day and have been for about 2 years.

:

Alright so there it is. Love you guys... Happy Holidays.

Use lots of this sh*t!

bighurt

Reaction score
Jm0311 said:
bighurt said:
looking forward to more updates on this. it sounds promising for sure, thinking about making the switch.

i'm on 1mg propecia (well, proscar split up into approx 1/5ths) and i'm really sick of the f-in sides. the 2% (or whatever Merck claims) that have sexual sides has to be way low from all the anecdotal evidence i hear. and it's not even just loss of libido, it's getting up to piss in the middle of the night, weak stream, etc. and it seems to me that the sides very gradually worsen over time. the good news, i went off it for about 2 weeks several months back and by about day 5, i felt 100% normal like i'd never been on it....so it's easily reversible. if nothing else, i have to at least drop down to 0.5mg per day.

i'd probably just go with the 15plus at night and stick with Rogaine foam in the morning for styling reasons (aside from the fact that it should be helping my hair loss, i actually just like the way the foam works to thicken up my hair

been on propecia for like 5-6 years and rogaine for about 2.

how long have you had sides for? why do you have a weak stream of piss? how does that interfere with that?

eh, "weak stream" might not have been the most apt description. it's more like it can be hard to get started. literally, sometimes i'm standing there for ten seconds before any comes out even though i have to piss.

i'm probably making it all sound a little worse than it is, but it's certainly not ideal. i don't think i noticed any sides for the first 3 years or so (definitely no sexual sides, the piss thing might've been there at a nominal level). even now, it's not like i can't "get it up" so to speak, but there is a noticeable difference that you probably can't understand unless you're on finasteride and had the same side effect.

anyway, like i said, it does seem to be 100% reversible. when i went off it for a couple of weeks a while back, all my sides were gone within the first week. and even now if i take a half dose for 3-4 days, i notice that the sides start decreasing.

like i said in an earlier post, the Q&A on minoxidil.com says that 15+ decreases DHT in the scalp by 40% whereas oral finasteride decreases it by 38%, so according to their claim, 15+ is actually MORE effective than oral finasteride.

i placed my order for 15+ yesterday and will start as soon as i get it. the way i look at it, it's not even going to cost me anything to add it to my regimen, b/c i'll be using it at night (when i normally would apply a second dose of rogaine foam), so it will cut down on my rogaine cost by 1/2 and hopefully should even allow me to reduce oral finasteride.

and again, according to the Q&A, you're only supposed to apply the 15+ (1 ml) once per day, so i'll do it at night (and keep using rogaine foam in the morning) and not have to worry about the sticky/greasy/styling problems.

my plan is to attempt to gradually decrease oral finasteride to maybe 0.25 or 0.50mg/day.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Cool, i'd be interested to know how you get on with that Bighurt, and Kiel uses 3ml with great success, so maybe worth experimenting with.

BlahBlah12

Established Member
Reaction score
well if you come back Kiel, you didnt answer my only question.
did u notice any slight or big shedding the first 2 or so weeks of using the plus. hopefully you read this and can answer me before u leave the board

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
lol... I can't seem to leave : (

I was on Rogaine Foam (horrible stuff) before getting on to Xandrox... and yes I had an initial shed and I honest to God began seeing results within 2 months. My scalp felt entirely different... still does. No more soreness and redness.

BlahBlah12

Established Member
Reaction score
KielMcK said:
lol... I can't seem to leave : (

I was on Rogaine Foam (horrible stuff) before getting on to Xandrox... and yes I had an initial shed and I honest to God began seeing results within 2 months. My scalp felt entirely different... still does. No more soreness and redness.
u rule, thanks and best of luck!
please check in now and again to report on your continued success!