Will all those using Xandrox15-Plus identify yourselves!

BlahBlah12

Established Member
Reaction score
So we can have a list of people using it and remind you guys for updates!
Im waiting to hear if topical finasteride makes a difference before i hope on the propecia bandwagon
thanks guys

JonnyX

Reaction score
I have been using Xandrox 15% Plus for a month now. Initial reaction is mediocre. The stuff feels like your putting super glue on your head. I have noticed increased shedding which I can only assume means something is happening and my scalp does feel healthier. I'm shooting for 4 months before I make any decisions on whether I will stick with it.

BlahBlah12

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks for the reply
i know that there are more people on the board who are using it, i hope they post their experiences here as well

Slowitdown

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have been using Xandrox-15 Plus for a month. First, I have to say I have used Dr. Lee products for 3 years. I had AMAZING results the first year. Then I got lazy...and did not use it regularly. What a shame because I got quite a bit of new hairgrowth in the temple region (something I never thought would happen at 30 years old. Then I would miss applications, and then stopped all together for the last 6 months. DISASTER. So I started up again full force and tried the Xandrox-15 plus. I got my first shed ever. I have been shedding a lot. Last week, I began to panic and contacted the Dr. He told me it can be a good sign as new hairs will replace the ones falling out. I have never used fisasteride in anyway...preferring topicals. Anyway, this weekend, the shed has stopped and I am getting small hairs where I had regrowth in the last few years. Going to stick with it and really believe it is important to not miss even one dose. When your hair is starting to grow again it needs all the help it can get.

JonnyX

Reaction score
I have been on the big 3 for a long time now. After much research I decided to use Xandrox Plus. So far my results are the same as normal. I usually will go through a shed like every 3 or 4 days of about 40 hairs from my temples horse shoe area. Then on the inbetween days I lose very few hairs. I'm on 1.5 months with Xandrox plus and it has just been more of the same. I'm hoping to see the miniturized hairs thicken up a bit in my temples but nothing yet. :( I'm going to give it 5 or 6 month before I call it a failure. But so far no improvement.

Renegade

Established Member
Reaction score
I have some that I will be starting on Oct. 1st. Check out my regimen - pretty potent, wouldn't you say?

BlahBlah12

Established Member
Reaction score
Renegade said:
I have some that I will be starting on Oct. 1st. Check out my regimen - pretty potent, wouldn't you say?
i dont see that you have one?

man i wish this product came out earlier so that more results were out there.. im so tempted to give this a try before the oral route :tongue:

BlahBlah12

Established Member
Reaction score
I just came across this study....

Introduction

Alopecia or hair loss is a chronic skin disorder characterized by loss of some or all of the hair from the scalp and sometimes from the other parts of the body as well. It occurs in various patterns and affects both males and females. The most common type of baldness is male-pattern baldness, also called androgenetic alopecia. It is characterized by a defined pattern of hair loss from the top of the scalp and regression of the hairline. It affects a large proportion of the population. It might start as early as adolescence and increase with age. In the white population, males in their fifties have a 50% chance of exhibiting some degree of androgenetic alopecia as against an overall average of 66%.1

Genetic and endocrinal factors play an important role but the exact cause and mechanism of hair loss is not clearly understood.2 Alopecia, except for mild itching in some cases, is not a painful or life threatening condition. It may affect the psychological wellbeing of the victim. Studies in this regard are not very exhaustive. They suggest that baldness is psychologically damaging and can cause intense emotional disturbance. It can lead to personal social and job-related problems.3 Hair has always been an important aspect of one's image or identity particularly for women.4 Among the women suffering from alopecia, around 40% experienced marital problems and 63% suffered career related problems.5 Over all such people feel more social discomfort, and suffer from low self-esteem. In more than 30% of the cases specific problems are attributed to hair loss.6

A study revealed that males who had more profound hair loss were more dissatisfied with their appearance and were more concerned with their older look than those with minimal hair loss. This effect cut across all age groups but was more prominent in the younger age group.7

Difficulties in treatment

Androgenetic alopecia is a poorly understood progressive condition. Androgenic hormones are involved in its pathophysiology. This renders treatment difficult and complex. The androgen receptor antagonists used to treat women are not suitable for men because of the potential risks of gynaecomastia, feminisation, and impotence. In the absence of an understanding of the pathophysiology, it is not possible to attack specific areas.

There are four options for androgenic alopecia available to the patient:

no treatment
medical therapy
using a wig
surgical treatment
Each of these has its own advantages and disadvantages. As far as medical treatment is concerned, the two that are approved by the FDA in the USA for the treatment of androgenetic alopecia in men are:

Topical minoxidil
Oral finasteride
Minoxidil is an oral antihypertensive drug which has a side effect of excessive hair growth. It is used topically to treat baldness. Though it results in hair growth in most patients, the hair grown is generally indeterminate rather than true terminal hair. The hair sheds when treatment is stopped.9 Its main benefit is in arresting the progression of balding.

Finasteride is a potent 5á­reductase type 2 inhibitor.10 Its main action is to lower circulating dihydrotestosterone by inhibiting its production by the prostate, rather than affecting the metabolism of the androgen in the hair follicle. Loss of libido is one of the important side effects of this oral therapy.

Synergistic effect of the local application of minoxidil finasteride

view of the different mechanisms of action, it was hypothesized that the simultaneous administration of both the molecules should have a synergistic action.
The side effects associated with the oral administration would also be reduced.
If the dosage of the individual drug could be reduced, it will further improve the safety profile of the therapy.
Clinical Study

The effect of the novel combination was observed in a study. The subjects were divided into three groups.

Group I (Placebo Group) plain lotion was applied
Group II (Minoxidil Group) 5% Minoxidil lotion was applied
Group III (Combination Group) 5% Minoxidil lotion, 0.025% Tretinoin and 0.1% Finesteride were applied.
The important aspect of the study was the fact that none of the parties involved viz. the clinical / research staff, the study sponsors or the subjects in the three groups were aware of the various groups until the data was collected in the verified database. The subjects were evaluated every six months with the help of a subjective questionnaire, objective examination and close-up photographs.

Results

In the Placebo Group, there was neither any improvement nor deterioration. In the Minoxidil Group 25% of the subjects showed hair growth. In the Combination Group as much as 75% of the subjects showed improvement. Further, the quality of the newly grown hair was also better in the combination group.
remox1.jpg

remox2.jpg

Combination therapy Group Success Rate
Group I (Placebo Group) plain lotion was applied 0%
Group II (Minoxidil Group) 5% Minoxidil lotion was applied 25%
Group III (Combination Group) 5% Minoxidil lotion, 0.025% tretinoin and 0.1% Finesteride were applied. 75%

Study Participant:
remoxstudy1.jpg

remoxstudy3.jpg

remoxstudy2.jpg

Discussion

This study indicates that topical application of Minoxidil and Finasteride leads to better hair growth. Combination therapy was thrice as effective as any one of them. These results were documented in a triple-blind clinical trial using a subjective questionnaire, objective examination and close-up photographs. The findings are statistically significant.
The study design and objective evaluation rule out observer bias, a common source of error in clinical trials. The two drugs have different route of action and combined use allows for a dual action. It may also be possible to reduce the dose of each drug, decreasing their individual side-effects.

Conclusion

A combination therapy of Minoxidil and Finasteride shows great promise in the treatment of hitherto difficult condition Alopecia androgenetica. It may potentially become the main stay therapy in this condition.

References

Hamilton JB. Patterned loss of hair in man: Types and incidence. Ann NY Acad Sci 1951; 53:708-11.
Anjiki T, Suzuki S. An injection-corrosion study on the angioarchitecture of the rat skin. Jikken Dbutsu. 1991; 40(4):439-46.
Hunt N, McHale S. Reported experiences of persons with alopecia areata. J Loss Trauma 2005;10: 33-50.
Weitz R. Rapunzel's daughters: what women's hair tells us about women's lives. New York: Farrar, Straus, and Giroux, 2004.
Hunt N, McHale S. Understanding alopecia. London: Sheldon, 2004.
Passchier J, Donk JV, Dutree-Meulenenberg PO, Verhage F. Psychological Characteristics of Men With Alopecia Androgenetica and Effects of Treatment With Topical Minoxidil An Exploratory Study. International Journal of Dermatology.1988:27(6):441-446.
Girmana CJ, Rhodesa T, Lillyb FR, Guob SS, Siervogelb RM, Patrickc DL, Chumleab WC. Effects of Self-Perceived Hair Loss in a Community Sample of Men. Dermatology 1998;197:223-229
Sinclair R. Fortnightly review: Male pattern androgenetic alopecia. BMJ. 1998;317;865-869
Olsen EA,Weiner MS. Topical minoxidil in male pattern baldness: effects of discontinuation of treatment. J Am Acad Dermatol 1987;17:97­101.
Olsen E. Finasteride (1 mg) in the treatment of androgenetic alopecia in men . Aust J Dermatol 1997;38;A316.

ive never heard about remox. i guess its topical finasteride and minoxidil.
what are the opinions on this study? the results appearing after 6 weeks are making me doubt the legitimacy

$tackz

Established Member
Reaction score
Also don't forget that Group III also used 0.025% tretinoin in their formula. (I'm guessing that's what Remox includes).

You would want something similar to Xandrox w/ Retin-A & Finasteride I'm guessing.

Renegade

Established Member
Reaction score
Okay, it's fixed now. I don't think the "regimen" block recognized some of the characters I had entered.

JonnyX

Reaction score
Ive been using Xandrox 15 for 3 months and 15-plus for 1 month. So far very promising results. I have noticed alot of temple regrowth, but it is quite fine so will not show up on camera yet.

You have a lot of temple regrowth after 3 months??? That is very impressive. I personally see no regrowth at all. I do notice that my scalp feels healthier but that is all. I'm gonna give it like 9 months before making any judgements.

Dashtoronto

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm also using Xandrox Plus 15%. So far, I've seen nice results. I'm hoping it will look even better given a little more time. But the question is: are these results from the 5% minoxidil standard solution i have been using for 3 months prior? or is it from the Xandrox Plus 15% that I just started using? I need more time to be able to tell. I have noticed an abundant loss of some significant hairs that were fat and very good hairs around my scalp when I scratch the itchiness of the scalp. This scares me cause I don't want to lose my gains.

My question is also,

Is there a such thing as a topical finasteride? Maybe this won't deplete or weaken the sex drive like an oral finasteride does?

I might look into getting the topical finasteride if it exists? And combine it with the 15% Xandrox Plus solution...

Does anyone know where I can order this topical finasteride?

Also, something else VERY SIGNIFICANT to add...

The regular 5% rogaine minoxidil used to make my scalp VERY itchy and I would scratch like mad sometimes....this new 15% Xandrox Plus stuff rarely makes me itchy at all. Very significant cut down in itchiness on my scalp....I barely get itchy at all. I hope that is not bad news. What does it mean?

Private Ryan

Established Member
Reaction score
Dashtoronto said:
The regular 5% rogaine minoxidil used to make my scalp VERY itchy and I would scratch like mad sometimes....this new 15% Xandrox Plus stuff rarely makes me itchy at all. Very significant cut down in itchiness on my scalp....I barely get itchy at all. I hope that is not bad news. What does it mean?

xandrox plus does not contain PPG. most people who is having problem with rogaine is due to it.

Dashtoronto

Established Member
Reaction score
Private Ryan said:
Dashtoronto said:

xandrox plus does not contain PPG. most people who is having problem with rogaine is due to it.

but is that good news or bad news? Isn't PPG what makes rogaine effective? Does this mean Xandrox is less effective than rogaine because it lacks the PPG ingredient?

messm0rph

Reaction score
I think tropical finasteride only works by being asborbed from the skin into your body so might as well just take it orally and save the $$

BlahBlah12

Established Member
Reaction score
Dashtoronto said:
Hi,

I'm also using Xandrox Plus 15%. So far, I've seen nice results. I'm hoping it will look even better given a little more time. But the question is: are these results from the 5% minoxidil standard solution i have been using for 3 months prior? or is it from the Xandrox Plus 15% that I just started using? I need more time to be able to tell. I have noticed an abundant loss of some significant hairs that were fat and very good hairs around my scalp when I scratch the itchiness of the scalp. This scares me cause I don't want to lose my gains.

My question is also,

Is there a such thing as a topical finasteride? Maybe this won't deplete or weaken the sex drive like an oral finasteride does?

I might look into getting the topical finasteride if it exists? And combine it with the 15% Xandrox Plus solution...

u should try xandrox15-plus
its xandrox 15 plus topical finasteride

Dashtoronto

Established Member
Reaction score
BlahBlah12 said:
Dashtoronto said:
Hi,

My question is also,

Yes I have that.

It contains 0.1% finasteride. But that percentage doesn't seem like anything at all. I was thinking of a topical finasteride solution that was a little stronger....like 5%

BlahBlah12

Established Member
Reaction score
Dashtoronto said:
BlahBlah12 said:
Dashtoronto said:
Hi,

My question is also,

Yes I have that.

It contains 0.1% finasteride. But that percentage doesn't seem like anything at all. I was thinking of a topical finasteride solution that was a little stronger....like 5%
the .1% of finasteride in that, used 1mL a day, is equivalent to 1mg orally.

JonnyX

Reaction score
Hey guys. Just an update on my regimine. Have been using big 3 for a couple years. Was still losing frontal hair. I have been on Xandrox 15% plus since Aug 1st. The results so far are minimal but I think I need more time to decide. What i have noticed is that my scalp feels healthier (prob because of the acid in solution) and frontal hair seems to be a little healthier. I'll keep you posted over the next couple months.

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Wow, I just ordered some of this stuff. Praying to god this will be finally be the think that regrows some side hair.