Reaction score
Ok i’ve found some pics and Hide my face

First one is 2007
Second 2008
Third 2012
Fourth 2018

Rolling since 2013 with a dermaroller.
Only Rolling temples/hairline and a bit to the middle
Think i roll 2 times a month 1.5mm and i go deep till the cracking sound and blood.
Sometimes between the sessions i roll light till it gets red.

So you got all your hair back with Dermarolling?

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah it's hard to tell from the pictures with different hairstyles and all. Did you just maintain or regrow anything?

Kitedude

Reaction score
I believe its better then back in 2008.
Only dermarolling and sometimes Tom haggerty scalp excersize.

It is hard to tell but i knew back then that i was losing hair. I know since i was 25.
So if it would still be the same as in the first picture (what i highly doubt)
Then its still a ok result.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe see what happens if you add minoxidil? Miht get better results, even though it looks pretty damn good as it is.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I derma rolled badly (lots of blood) for maybe one month? I noticed some small hairs, darker, non vellus (however I think they are previously healthy hairs miniaturized). I don't finasteride nor min. Do you think it's a promising result for less than a month?
You noticed some small, darker hairs? And you regarded that as "no results" back then and quitted? My man, you were clearly getting results only within a month. No offense, but you are one of the good examples of the impatient people quitting early because they expect unbelievable results TOO early. Dude, keep doing this consistently for over a year, and you'll probably be getting nice results. Good luck pal, you'll get there

Leto

Reaction score
Yeah it's hard to tell from the pictures with different hairstyles and all. Did you just maintain or regrow anything?

No matter how you look at it, it wouldn't be possible for him to have haircut like now in 2012 or 2008, there's definitely some solid difference. i mean, even texture is different, I think. @Kitedude , are you only rolling, or also finasteride and min?

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just trying to give the guys that arent balding fast some hope!
I was really depressed about my hair from 2007 till 2012
I’m so glad that i am happy now, even though i know i wont ever get the hairline from when i was 20
You have inspired me, man. My hair loss is slow and you have given me hope, along with 2young and Thinning.
There is a chance that, at the very least, I can mantain and stop worrying about further loss, which makes waiting for better treatments far more bearable. And, at best, I get significant regrowth. That changes everything for me.
Not only that, but it's also cheap as f*** and just gotta be careful with infections (being OCD makes this a little tougher, but I know someone like me is doing this no problem and it's very reassuring).
I'm so glad that I joined this forum and to have found this thread...

serioushair

My Regimen
Reaction score
what is your regimen for micro needling? and how do you prevent infection? do you disinfect scalp before of afterwards?
I have a spray bottle of 70% alcohol and nitrile exam gloves from Amazon. 1. Spin roller and spray with alcohol. 2. Spray both gloved hands and rub alcohol onto scalp. 3. Roll. 4. Spin roller and spray with alcohol. 5. Put roller away.

MinervaCGI

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok i’ve found some pics and Hide my face

First one is 2007
Second 2008
Third 2012
Fourth 2018

Rolling since 2013 with a dermaroller.
Only Rolling temples/hairline and a bit to the middle
Think i roll 2 times a month 1.5mm and i go deep till the cracking sound and blood.
Sometimes between the sessions i roll light till it gets red.

How is this even possible?
What the f***!

Only dermarolling and he reverses his hairloss, not stop, reverse it!!

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started derma rolling like four weeks ago and have already had significant regrowth on hairline. I buzzed my head short to start minoxidil + dermarolling with a 1mm 500somthing needle roller and it's been pretty good so far. My crown is filling in as well. I have diffuse thinning so I pretty much dermaroll my entire head lol, never any blood, only mild erythema despite applying firm pressure. My derminator is coming sometime in January, which I'm really excited about. Anyway, I tried minoxidil about a year ago for some months but never got anything out of it, so I'd have to attribute the new hairs I see to the disruption of the epidermis that's happening with the dermaneedling. Also I took finasteride for like seven months and got literally nothing out of it except an intermittently dead penis tbh

I don't have any baseline pics :( but the temple areas in these photos were pretty bald:

ewTySo9.png
hHMnYaH.png

Last edited:

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
what is your regimen for micro needling? and how do you prevent infection? do you disinfect scalp before of afterwards?

I use a 1.5 roller. Once a week (so far Im 2 sessions in, with 5 days in between). For disinfection I just use a disinfectant that I ordered with the roller. I do nothing for my scalp, wouldn't even know what to do with it.

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
I know you from the early days on haarweb.nl 2007
My nickname was Bombarie!
Also here on hairlosstalk but i was banned back then in the dermaroller thread

Haha hey whats up man! I vaguely recognize that name, cant really remember all the post that came along with it :p

What the hell did you do to make them ban you?

And how is the hair holding up?

Sorry for going off topic!

MinervaCGI

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started derma rolling like four weeks ago and have already had significant regrowth on hairline. I buzzed my head short to start minoxidil + dermarolling with a 1mm 500somthing needle roller and it's been pretty good so far. My crown is filling in as well. I have diffuse thinning so I pretty much dermaroll my entire head lol, never any blood, only mild erythema despite applying firm pressure. My derminator is coming sometime in January, which I'm really excited about. Anyway, I tried minoxidil about a year ago for some months but never got anything out of it, so I'd have to attribute the new hairs I see to the disruption of the epidermis that's happening with the dermaneedling. Also I took finasteride for like seven months and got literally nothing out of it except an intermittently dead penis tbh

I don't have any baseline pics :( but the temple areas in these photos were pretty bald:

View attachment 106710 View attachment 106711

This is how I got my regrowth too. I also have diffuse hairloss and only buzzing allows me to put minoxidil in properly and dermaroll dry without ripping any hair but this time I'm determined to develop an effective and time saving routine with longer hair. These thinner hairs will randomly start getting thicker and longer I think, because that's what happened to my hair.

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
This is how I got my regrowth too. I also have diffuse hairloss and only buzzing allows me to put minoxidil in properly and dermaroll dry without ripping any hair but this time I'm determined to develop an effective and time saving routine with longer hair. These thinner hairs will randomly start getting thicker and longer I think, because that's what happened to my hair.

Is it important to dermaroll dry? I'm a diffuser as well and I don't want to buzz my hair. I don't dermaroll comepletely wet but my hair isn't dry either...