Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

albert

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Tomorrow will be my second derminator session. I plan to add Minoxidil next week. I used it in the past and didn’t regrow anything (perhaps helped maintain because when I stopped it I had crazy shedding) but given that the combination of wounding and Minoxidil is usually successful and I had no side effects that I know, then why not. I won’t use it on wounding day though.

And by the way, I’ve been quite annoying here saying that we all need to be super patient but I’m happy to say that areas that went bald not so long ago in the front have already vellus hairs, which is... amazing. No cosmetic difference at all, but I noticed them today and I checked my own baseline pictures to verify I’m not making it up but it’s just true. The areas that have been balding for longer not have even vellus which is of course totally normal and expected. So it looks like areas that were balding recently can experience very quick results based on my experience, which IMHO should motivate people more. My 2 cents anyway.

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Tomorrow will be my second derminator session. I plan to add Minoxidil next week. I used it in the past and didn’t regrow anything (perhaps helped maintain because when I stopped it I had crazy shedding) but given that the combination of wounding and Minoxidil is usually successful and I had no side effects that I know, then why not. I won’t use it on wounding day though.

And by the way, I’ve been quite annoying here saying that we all need to be super patient but I’m happy to say that areas that went bald not so long ago in the front have already vellus hairs, which is... amazing. No cosmetic difference at all, but I noticed them today and I checked my own baseline pictures to verify I’m not making it up but it’s just true. The areas that have been balding for longer not have even vellus which is of course totally normal and expected. So it looks like areas that were balding recently can experience very quick results based on my experience, which IMHO should motivate people more. My 2 cents anyway.
You notice vellus hair regrowth from just one needling treatment?

albert

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You notice vellus hair regrowth from just one needling treatment?

I’m also surprised. Another way to see it is that those hairs weren’t 100% miniaturized but maybe 80%, enough to not be visible yet not completely tiny, and by wounding they became larger but still vellus. It’s very noticeable on close inspection because some are 1/3 as long as “normal” hairs, although quite invisible due to its thinness.

It’s just a side note though, I’ll do this for many months to see if it really works as I said, but can’t ignore even the smallest of the improvements.

MinervaCGI

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it important to dermaroll dry? I'm a diffuser as well and I don't want to buzz my hair. I don't dermaroll comepletely wet but my hair isn't dry either...

Not at all. But it's cold right now and I only pat dry because I don't want to aggravate my scalp.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe the OP dermstamps on wet hair, i suggest you do the same, it's easier and stops so many hairs getting pulled out, i find even with damp hair my dermastamp pulls a few hairs out. If you are applying minoxidil straight after and not waiting 24 hours bear in mind more will go systematic, wet hair and rolling both increase the absorption.

MinervaCGI

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe the OP dermstamps on wet hair, i suggest you do the same, it's easier and stops so many hairs getting pulled out, i find even with damp hair my dermastamp pulls a few hairs out. If you are applying minoxidil straight after and not waiting 24 hours bear in mind more will go systematic, wet hair and rolling both increase the absorption.

It's very chilly and having damp scalp for a longer period is annoying and that's why I said it. I have dermarolled on a buzzed scalp and it is much much easier.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Similar situation on my scalp also. I have one hair that is where my original hairline used to be and it is as thick as my hair was when younger. However it is colorless, not white or gray but like monofilament fishing line. I've cut it, pulled it out it still grows back, but also only about 1.5 cm max. Some of these bizarre manifestations are mind boggling.

MinervaCGI

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a hair (one single f*****g hair) under my current frontal hairline. Like 1.5 cm under my current hairline. This hair remained where my hairline was when I was 18. This hair started to protest against recession and never moved. I usually shave it. This hair never grow more than 1.4/1.5 cm. This hair was thinning during last two years. I like this one hair because it tells me a lot about the state of the other hair, since it's the one which resists the most.

When I started to needle (the hair was 1.4cm), I decided to let it and see if it will be growing or not. I rarely check this hair. And... well, I just checked it and this hair grown by something like 1/1.5 mm. It's a lot thicker at its basis. It's maybe nothing. It's maybe my imagination. Photos won't show anything. But I can see it. Also I have some micro vellus growing on my hairline.

I only did 2 sessions of microneedling and I only used minoxidil for 1.7 week. All of this can be my imagination, but I wanted to report it. I find it interesting.

This is exactly how my regrowth happened. My lone star hair is much more resilient and is standing tall and terminal, 0.65 cm away from my current hairline. All the neither vellus nor terminal regrowth happened around it and I was buzzing that my old hairline was returning. This time I have to commit for an entire year because who knows where I could have been today.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a hair (one single f*****g hair) under my current frontal hairline. Like 1.5 cm under my current hairline. This hair remained where my hairline was when I was 18. This hair started to protest against recession and never moved. I usually shave it. This hair never grow more than 1.4/1.5 cm. This hair was thinning during the last two years. I like this one hair because it tells me a lot about the state of the other hair, since it's the one which resists the most.
I have a similar hair. Among the baby peach fuzz, there's one single hair that didn't miniaturize. Looks so f*****g stupid, haha.

aa18

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone know when these new vellus hairs will start turning terminal? I got lots of them sprouting all over the place, some of them pretty long, like >1cm, but they are invisible under normal lighting conditions, I can only see them under strong flash light. Do they need to fall off first to be replaced by normal hair, or will they just thicken over time? Or maybe they will continue to stay that way?

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone know when these new vellus hairs will start turning terminal? I got lots of them sprouting all over the place, some of them pretty long, like >1cm, but they are invisible under normal lighting conditions, I can only see them under strong flash light. Do they need to fall off first to be replaced by normal hair, or will they just thicken over time? Or maybe they will continue to stay that way?
I'm not aware of a "shedding cycle" where the vellus hair grows, falls out and then is replaced with a stronger hair. I have heard of this happening with finasteride and minoxodil, but in my experience the vellus hair continues to grow longer and stronger without shedding, thickening at the base progressively.

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's so frustrating to think of the enormous disservice the retarded amin and mods did to this place by instituting an outright ban on dermaroller discussion years back. We could have so much proof and evidence by now. Truly a disgrace.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It was a bullshit move, no doubt.

What I don't understand though is why that dermarolling thread on baldtruthtaIk is completely dead? It used to be quite active. Is that place just dead or what?

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I really would like to try it but when i remember riggt, on stopaga (private forum) several people tried it for manu months with no results. :/ I need some motivation to start it...

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I really would like to try it but when i remember riggt, on stopaga (private forum) several people tried it for manu months with no results. :/ I need some motivation to start it...

Just look at all those positive results we have already. Just start asap and give it a year at least. You don't know how it will work for you until you try it yourself.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How many months are "many months"? And what do you mean by "no results"? Because I've seen people referring to "vellus hair growing" as "no results" twice already.
Also, frequency and length probably influence the outcome.
There are many variables on those trials (length, frequency, how hard they were pressing, etc.) but one thing's for sure: this works and two studies back me up here.
Of course, we can't leave non-responders out of the equation.

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
To be fair most people use a roller, while we are using a pen which is more effective for sure. I think many people that use a roller don’t go deep enough to activate a healing response in the hair follicle. There is a certain depth where hair follicle regeneration begins, and if you don’t reach that depth then you will see minimal effect, which to me is the most logical explanation why some people “don’t respond”. Technically, there should be no non-responders because every single one of us has the capability to heal wounds. Some may respond better than others of course but my point is those who don’t “respond” probably aren’t doing it correctly

Last edited:

bigjimmy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
To be fair most people use a roller, while we are using a pen which is more effective for sure. I think many people that use a roller don’t go deep enough to activate a healing response in the hair follicle. There is a certain depth where hair follicle regeneration begins, and if you don’t reach that depth then you will see minimal effect, which to me is the most logician explanation why some people “don’t respond”. Technically, there should be no non-responders because every single one of us has the capability to heal wounds. Some may respond better than others of course but my point is those who don’t “respond” probably aren’t doing it correctly

I used a roller for a couple of months in the past and it felt nothing like the electronic device I'm currently using, the roller felt like it was just shredding the scalp and the pain was way worse.

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I used a roller for a couple of months in the past and it felt nothing like the electronic device I'm currently using, the roller felt like it was just shredding the scalp and the pain was way worse.
Same, man. I only used it for about a month and a half, then the needles got bent in some places and i quit. The pen feels so much better, it still hurts but it doesn't feel like i'm digging holes into my scalp.