Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
To be fair most people use a roller, while we are using a pen which is more effective for sure. I think many people that use a roller don’t go deep enough to activate a healing response in the hair follicle. There is a certain depth where hair follicle regeneration begins, and if you don’t reach that depth then you will see minimal effect, which to me is the most logical explanation why some people “don’t respond”. Technically, there should be no non-responders because every single one of us has the capability to heal wounds. Some may respond better than others of course but my point is those who don’t “respond” probably aren’t doing it correctly

Damn it, now my anxiety comes back, that I am not doing it properly. But I just don't know how freaking hard to press. I'm doing what feels 'right'. As in, I try to press until it hurts but not too much. My third session is coming up, think I'm gonna up the ante, as I did with my second session.

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay I read the first pages of the thread and now I'm hyped too. I have a 1.5 mm Dermaroller with 192 needles (have it for years already, but never really tried it) an I will start on Saturday. Later I will maybe buy an electronic device.
Good stuff! Just make sure you're going deep enough. I've scoured the entire internet for dermarolling results and i can say those who go hard enough to cause mild redness with just minimal bleeding tend to have the best results. I know the Admins probably wont like me saying this, but from what i've seen i think its important to have some bloods spots when you're finished. Of course not like 2young who had blood dripping down his forehead (although his results were remarkable).

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn it, now my anxiety comes back, that I am not doing it properly. But I just don't know how freaking hard to press. I'm doing what feels 'right'. As in, I try to press until it hurts but not too much. My third session is coming up, think I'm gonna up the ante, as I did with my second session.
You should see pin-prick blood spots if you're doing it correctly, but let me reiterate for safety concerns - you do not need to see any blood pooling or dripping. just tiny little red dots surrounded by pinkish-red skin. A dermaROLLER will undoubtedly cause more bleeding than a dermaSTAMP or pen, because it digs pit-like wounds into your scalp instead of precision vertical wounds.

Francesco17

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Conspiracy talk but...maybe they didn't want this to get much publicity. This forum is still one or maybe even the biggest hairloss forum in the world. Don't think the advertisers would like them to promote something that's cheap, etc...

Belgravia clinic (UK)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181213-204917.jpg
    Screenshot_20181213-204917.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 403

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I remember when the mods colsed this thread back then. How where the results? As I can remember not to stunning or am I wrong?

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I remember when the mods colsed this thread back then. How where the results? As I can remember not to stunning or am I wrong?
Only ONE person stuck with it and it was the one who got results, I believe.
This person was 2young2retire, the reason the thread was closed in the first place. He ripped his scalp apart, but he also regrew entire Norwoods by doing so. No Minoxidil.

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
At the time, there were less evidences that it could work. Look at the baldtruthtaIk topic. At the time there was so much negativity around this whole technique, that very few people tried it and remained consistent.

Wounding your scalp sounds barbaric and dangerous. Add some blood to the photos, and then people are worried and call the whole treatment a scam and a danger. Now that we have two studies (and many other for acnes and scars), one of which being solid, plus people who've tried it for years, we are enjoying a new wave of people willing to try and show their result. The first attempt was just too early to be accepted as a possible treatment for hairloss.

Saying "wounding" makes it sound barbaric. I have never bled from dermarolling, I just get mild redness.

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

The guy who posted the bloody picture that led to the thread ultimately being closed got insane results

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm just going to continue doing what I'm doing since it's working for me.

I roll kind of hard but I've never bled or left my scalp looking inflamed. I jut get a very slight tinge of redness, even though I do multiple passes with firm pressure.

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm just going to continue doing what I'm doing since it's working for me.

I roll kind of hard but I've never bled or left my scalp looking inflamed. I jut get a very slight tinge of redness, even though I do multiple passes with firm pressure.
What is your routine and for how long?
How is it working for you?

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think a roller is so bad. So it digs a little bit wider wounds. I don't think it's that bad really. and who knows if it's even better.
Even in my case where you could see some blood, the scalp heals so quickly. The next day all of the redness is almost gone.
A roller is much more affordable and also you press it against the scalp, so you kinda know the depth it penetrates.
A roller is fine and I don't think people should wait for a pen if they don't have it available.
Just make sure you get a real medical needles roller.
Also, I think I'm addicted to needling now. Looking forward for my next session, but still, I will wait 2 weeks before doing so.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Roller works, but the pen is really superior in every way.

But the one thing it has over the pen is that it covers more area.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
A friend of mine had impressive results regrowth
20180405_170413 pelo pedro.jpg
with new hair, but they had to go through the last layer of the skin. I suggested him try dermarolling but he did not. Maybe this treatment would have made the hair go through the skin.