Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Some pain enduring motivation for those seeking hairline regrowth. Once again, thanks to @FrenchMoustache for inspiring me to use this tool.

Attachments

• May-09-2018.png
    May-09-2018.png
    193.3 KB · Views: 750
  • Dec-12-2018.jpg
    Dec-12-2018.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 741

byebyehair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I make a comitment to try dermarolling for 2 years.

I just realised this is a win win situation.
If it will work i have hair.
If it does not work by that time tsuji is available (most likely) so i will get back my hair.

So if dermarolling works it will safe me a lot of money i don t have to spend on Tsuji.
My routine scalp massaging and dermarolling takes me 3 hours a week. In two years that makes roughly 300 hours.
Tsuji will cost arround 100k.
So if dermarolling really works i will pay myself like 300$ per hour for dermarolling and massaging. Another encouraging fact to stick to the dermarolling.

(also i made a comitment for a workout plan for 2 years. Because it will be my primetime i do not want to be out of shape by then.)

So stay strong guys. 2 years is quit near!

Temporaryaccount

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been following MyThinningConfidence progress on r/tressless (another user I would check if I were you is Lefthandtyper)

I have been a 1.5 Norwood for the last months, my hair loss accelerated in 2018 sadly. I tried derma rolling, without success in the summer (first a 0.75 mm, later a 1.5 mm, still without success, I was used to pressure too much). In November I decided to give derma rolling a try again. Have been on this regime for 3 weeks maybe, some of my follicles aren't already dead, only miniaturized, however I'm quite sure there was a progress! Sorry for not taking the photo in the same lighting position (in the first and the last, I used the flashlight of my smartphone), I'm quite obsessed with my hair loss and I usually delete them, these are one of the best I saved.

I roll for about 10 minutes on the temples, I tend to apply an olive oil cream my mother gave me for dried skin flaking. In the last three days I derma rolled (with the 1.5 mm) lightly everyday, I quite believe in the fibrosis theory and I noticed that rolling help my scalp be a bit loose

Edit, first image (number one) is the day after my first session
second image is I think at the second week
third image today

Attachments

• dermarollign 2.jpg
    dermarollign 2.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 829
  • dermarolling1.jpg
    dermarolling1.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 799
  • dermarolling3.jpg
    dermarolling3.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 797

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
I also used the 192 needle 1.5mm and i didn't bleed. I think you fine. One of the effects of dermarolling is fast cell proliferation.

This lady had very bad post inflammatory hyperpigmentation and the study claimed that faster cell proliferation happens immediately after wounding. It will peak at 2 months. I feel your skin will thicken up a bit and in the future it will hurt or bleed less. I'm not sure of this because it's a claim that like retin a dermarolling increases skin thickness. But I don't think you should worry about this. Different people have different type of skin. You should continue this, especially if you start getting results. Please use a hand sanitizer before and after dermarolling because we human unknowingly touch wounds a lot.

View attachment 106598

Man I'm getting SO hyped up about this needling thing! Cant wait for next freaking session!!

Kitedude

Reaction score
Man I'm getting SO hyped up about this needling thing! Cant wait for next freaking session!!
I know you from the early days on haarweb.nl 2007
My nickname was Bombarie!
Also here on hairlosstalk but i was banned back then in the dermaroller thread

keepit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know you from the early days on haarweb.nl 2007
My nickname was Bombarie!
Also here on hairlosstalk but i was banned back then in the dermaroller thread
Could you share your routine help us get a common thread on this topic..do you needle weekly? How long ,hard you roll?when did you see gains? Thanks bombarie

mooreu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You guys are probably right...
I do, however, use 1.5mm and not 2mm, and I give it enough time to heal (last time I rolled was 2.5 weeks ago).
I didn't push that hard actually but that's subjective and next time I will roll fewer times / less pressure.

I think you ought to continue rolling the same way. You're not causing any damage and as long as you disinfect your scalp afterwards you'll be fine.

Aliens

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello guys,

I have two questions:
- for now I have one of these chinese dermapen, it is not a dr pen but another one I was able to find. Do you think it would be worth investing in a derminator?
- also right now I have a cold so I guess my immune system is kinda bad, would you dermapen while sick or wait?

Thanks!

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been following MyThinningConfidence progress on r/tressless (another user I would check if I were you is Lefthandtyper)

I have been a 1.5 Norwood for the last months, my hair loss accelerated in 2018 sadly. I tried derma rolling, without success in the summer (first a 0.75 mm, later a 1.5 mm, still without success, I was used to pressure too much). In November I decided to give derma rolling a try again. Have been on this regime for 3 weeks maybe, some of my follicles aren't already dead, only miniaturized, however I'm quite sure there was a progress! Sorry for not taking the photo in the same lighting position (in the first and the last, I used the flashlight of my smartphone), I'm quite obsessed with my hair loss and I usually delete them, these are one of the best I saved.

I roll for about 10 minutes on the temples, I tend to apply an olive oil cream my mother gave me for dried skin flaking. In the last three days I derma rolled (with the 1.5 mm) lightly everyday, I quite believe in the fibrosis theory and I noticed that rolling help my scalp be a bit loose

Edit, first image (number one) is the day after my first session
second image is I think at the second week
third image today

For how long did you dermarolled last summer before you quitted? Did you at least noticed small vellus hairs? Did you use minoxidil?

Drextez

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

what is your regimen for micro needling? and how do you prevent infection? do you disinfect scalp before of afterwards?

Kitedude

Reaction score
Ok i’ve found some pics and Hide my face

First one is 2007
Second 2008
Third 2012
Fourth 2018

Rolling since 2013 with a dermaroller.
Only Rolling temples/hairline and a bit to the middle
Think i roll 2 times a month 1.5mm and i go deep till the cracking sound and blood.
Sometimes between the sessions i roll light till it gets red.

Temporaryaccount

My Regimen
Reaction score
For how long did you dermarolled last summer before you quitted? Did you at least noticed small vellus hairs? Did you use minoxidil?
I derma rolled badly (lots of blood) for maybe one month? I noticed some small hairs, darker, non vellus (however I think they are previously healthy hairs miniaturized). I don't finasteride nor min. Do you think it's a promising result for less than a month?