Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Badbald

Established Member
Reaction score
Is there any general consensus as to whats the best thing to use for sterilisation?

Ive seen a few different things thrown around, im just using a stamp and so i may use boiling water for it

Badbald

Established Member
Reaction score
I know I keep posting progress pics early and I know people will say just wait but I think these pics show the progress better, it seems to be happening faster now and can feel thick stuble in the places I was completely bald! this is all in 6 weeks, my head looks browner in the after photo because i went on the sunbed a couple of times

I use sandalor aswell, might be worth people adding that if they aren’t seeing results, who knows

And I know people think i’m a bit fantaical about all this, I’m just buzzing that something is finally working for me! The stress this has put on my life was unbarable! I hope we all get results from this

Thanks alot for the update pics there buddy. Its a little difficult to see the exact progress that could have been made with the slight change in lighting and the fact that the hair is long. Have you thought about buzzing it down where you'll be able to see the results far more accurately?

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know I keep posting progress pics early and I know people will say just wait but I think these pics show the progress better, it seems to be happening faster now and can feel thick stuble in the places I was completely bald! this is all in 6 weeks, my head looks browner in the after photo because i went on the sunbed a couple of times

I use sandalor aswell, might be worth people adding that if they aren’t seeing results, who knows

And I know people think i’m a bit fantaical about all this, I’m just buzzing that something is finally working for me! The stress this has put on my life was unbarable! I hope we all get results from this
Can you add sandalore into minoxidil?

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there any general consensus as to whats the best thing to use for sterilisation?

Ive seen a few different things thrown around, im just using a stamp and so i may use boiling water for it

I spray some Chlorhexidine on the needles before I use it.

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks alot for the update pics there buddy. Its a little difficult to see the exact progress that could have been made with the slight change in lighting and the fact that the hair is long. Have you thought about buzzing it down where you'll be able to see the results far more accurately?

Do you think? I think these show clear progress

Not going to buzz my hair mate been combing over my hair for ages now, I agree it would be much easier, I just need to wait a month now and stop obsessing

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you add sandalore into minoxidil?

I go off what I see people do on this forum mate, So with the sandalor I seen that james guy on the sandalor thread and copied him because he was getting results, i seen someone say minoxidil might effect the sandalor if mixed together but again I have no clue how knowledgable that user was

I just use vanicream from amazon like james did and add 1% sandalor ( although I think the study was far less than this? ) i get a mild headache for 20 mine after application of it

Massive thankyou to you aswell for starting this thread, literally saved my social life

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why would you not buzz your hair when it looks like that? You're just bringing more attn to it by doing what must be a ridiculous combover

I use the hair on the sides which is long and style it in a certain way where it doesn’t look bad and use toppik, honestly I wouldnt go out if it looked stupid, Next time I do my hair ill take a pic and upload it, I’ve actually had a woman compliment me on my thick hair haha, and no she wasn’t taking the piss

It started to get really bad like in pic 1 where it was getting more noticable its a comb over and thats when i ordered a hair piece, while waiting for that I found this thread, piece still hadn’t come and By my progress I’m not going to need it anymore as I can comfortably do my comb over again and its getting better and better

Badbald

Established Member
Reaction score
Do you think? I think these show clear progress

Not going to buzz my hair mate been combing over my hair for ages now, I agree it would be much easier, I just need to wait a month now and stop obsessing

Yeah I do think its quite hard to tell mate, the lighting changes alot of things then with it being long it looks thicker in some places but then a little thinner in others, not really extreme on either end though so i wouldnt worry about me saying thinner in some I think it literally comes down to the lighting. I think with the hair you have it will actually look pretty good buzzed as you have enough of it on there to get rid of a shinny top with some stubble still going

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I do think its quite hard to tell mate, the lighting changes alot of things then with it being long it looks thicker in some places but then a little thinner in others, not really extreme on either end though so i wouldnt worry about me saying thinner in some I think it literally comes down to the lighting. I think with the hair you have it will actually look pretty good buzzed as you have enough of it on there to get rid of a shinny top with some stubble still going

Yeh i get your point about lighting, I’m just going to wait a month now before I compare again..

If I was going to buzz my hair I would have done it 3 years ago and saved myself a lot of money and time, buzzing is not an option for me mate

Badbald

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeh i get your point about lighting, I’m just going to wait a month now before I compare again..

If I was going to buzz my hair I would have done it 3 years ago and saved myself a lot of money and time, buzzing is not an option for me mate
Fair enough, keep up the regime

Kitedude

Reaction score
Maintenance after years of Rolling without finas/minoxidil

Attachments

• 8A534FB5-AD4D-4C72-999E-318131ABD633.jpeg
    8A534FB5-AD4D-4C72-999E-318131ABD633.jpeg
    91.2 KB · Views: 944
  • BB9D5B79-A06E-4E35-B9AA-ECE966474C0F.jpeg
    BB9D5B79-A06E-4E35-B9AA-ECE966474C0F.jpeg
    87.3 KB · Views: 949

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I also think it's very hard to tell, but I believe there is something going with the last pic you posted, the close up of what I think is your temple. I also agree that by buzzing your hair, you can assess and monitor regrowth much more reliably by watching new follicles in your bare scalp. The issue of having long hair is that one can be easily confused by a lot of varying factors, such as angle, lighting, contrast of hair color with skin color, length of hair, etc.
Well, if you are okay with keeping your hair long and finding ways to hide it, then that's good. If you indeed are an early responder, then that's great news because probably you will be one of the lucky ones to get tons of regrowth. Be patient, though, because given the advanced state of your loss, it may take a couple of years to achieve the results you want. Perhaps people who have just moderate and recent loss may regrow it all within a year (if they are effectively responders).

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You don't seem fanatical mate. It's quite clear that you are showing improvements. I prefer early updates than anything else. It gives us hope and helps us to remain consistent.

As for the stress, I think many on here got through the same pain, so we can relate. We are with you bro.

Cheers mate, I’ll make sure I keep you updated

MinervaCGI

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maintenance after years of Rolling without finas/minoxidil

You tease us just to leave us?

Dude share your regimen.

What I would do to not waste 15 precious minutes of my life applying minoxidil and having sh*t hair.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You tease us just to leave us?

Dude share your regimen.

What I would do to not waste 15 precious minutes of my life applying minoxidil and having sh*t hair.
Kitedude is, along with @Somebody and @furrydome, one of the very few guys who have needled by more than a year. I think he has said before that he's maintained, but he also told us that he stopped needling for a time and that he lost some ground.

Severen

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did my first session last night. I wasn't sure if I was going too hard or not hard enough. I get red skin really easily, so I don't know if I can gauge anything based on that. I get red skin with almost any sort of touch (probably momentary red skin that goes away pretty quickly). The red skin I got from the session had already subsided when I looked at it a few hours later.

Are you supposed to use alcohol or anything on the places you penned? I didn't. I may have heard conflicting things on that. I don't want an infection, though.

So, is this pretty safe? No tumors are going to form or anything?

I used the 2 at the highest speed of the Dr. Pen Ultima N2. My head doesn't feel bad really.

How long do you have to wait to wear headphones or a pullover or anything?

Kitedude

Reaction score
Kitedude is, along with @Somebody and @furrydome, one of the very few guys who have needled by more than a year. I think he has said before that he's maintained, but he also told us that he stopped needling for a time and that he lost some ground.
Exactly!
If you look at my previous post then you can read the story. I’ll try to find a pic where you can see that i’m losing ground on the temples, but that has to be a pic of more then 5 years ago.
Like most of you i always tried to cover it but i think i have 1 on my external harddisk

Ow and i’m 37