Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless | Page 236 | HairLossTalk Forums
Dismiss Notice
Forum Update: Aug 19. Feedback for the Admin? Upgrade coming: Click Here.

Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Discussion in 'New Research, Studies, and Technologies' started by ZenHead, Oct 10, 2018.

1. layabout

layabout Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    New update. Check out fellas. It's been officially 1 month and 20 days since I started Derminator 1.5mm (once weekly) + minoxidil 1x daily

Same lighting, same position in my room, same time of day pictures taken:

one month ago:
    fn24mxk.png oectYOo.png

taken five minutes ago:
    33oFWlI.png tlu7alY.png

We're all gunna make it.

ps: On the day that I took those first two photos I was literally ready to to just give up completely and descended into the deepest pit of despair I've ever felt in my entire life. Jesus Christ, I feel so fortunate I got back into nightly prayers so that I can have continued success.

giphy.gif

and no, I won't be cutting my hair again any time soon now that I can go outside looking like a fullhead again and not some diffuse patchy freak. I took my hat off today and went outside for the first time in like two months (without a hat I mean, I haven't been inside for two months lmao)

#4701 layabout, Jan 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
  2. Whatabouthoes

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Sold. Where can I buy a derminator? This roller ain’t cutting it.

3. Scootz

Scootz Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I’m sure some will argue that your hair length discredits your before and after pics, but that looks like regrowth to me no doubt about it. I swear this minoxidil + needling combo works quick. I’ve only been on it for a little less than a month and already I’m seeing some undeniable regrowth as well. Nothin to it but to do it!

Bill_Russo likes this.
  4. 9982

9982 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I ordered the derminator 2 on Dec 14th. Still waiting. I'm just stamping the roller into my head, bleeding, rinsing and minoxidil. Rogain foam during the day and essegen 6% with .05% finasteride at night.
    Saturday morning is my day to punch micro holes in my scalp. Starting to see results. Even the temples have woken up. They were gone a quater century ago. Never had temple points though. Maybe I can grow some
    Don't have any before pictures but those are vellus in front of my burns and there were no hairs there before. . I've only been doing this for 2 months. Never used any treatments before that. My hairline is sprouting small coloured dark and light hairs as well. Vertex is hard to see much difference but was first to thin 5 years ago.

Attached Files:

#4704 9982, Jan 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
    MinervaCGI likes this.
  5. layabout

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Just search derminator2 on google and you'll find their webstore

Whatabouthoes likes this.
  6. layabout

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    The best part is it isn't even a real pain for me or a chore or anything. With the Derminator I feel practically zero pain and cover my entire scalp in like less than seven minutes. I wouldn't mind doing this for the rest of my life to be completely honest (and I honestly intend to lol)

sportsguy97 likes this.
  7. layabout

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    is your hair dyed?

8. Scootz

Scootz Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I completely agree, it’s not a big deal at all! I’ve had my fair share of knee & shoulder surgeries so the pain involved with needling is extremely minimal in my opinion. My scalp tends to heal within a day as well which is great. I’m excited to see some continued research on the efficacy of needling as it continues to gain popularity

9. Kenny's_Login

Kenny's_Login New Member

Dislikes Received:
    I'm 41 and I've tried many treatments -- some marginally effective, most cost prohibitive -- and I've learned that the effective ones consistently induce a shedding phase during the first two months.

The fact that I've gone through a significant shed within the first 7 weeks of needling tells me that desirable results are likely. There's no improvement to report yet, but I'm familiar enough with my shedding patterns to know that growth is imminent.

I'm using the Dr Pen A7, which is a pain in the *** because it's wired, but the speed is 17,000 per minute and the 12-pack needles are thin.

https://gzekai.com/dermapen-drpen-ultima-a7-p00082p1.html

I'm considering selling it for a wireless pen. I'm not considering a Derminator since I don't see the advantages and I don't think microtearing is the concern everyone thinks it is.

sportsguy97 and Bill_Russo like this.
  10. layabout

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Microtearing is just a concern if you're using it on your face for collagen and skin tightening. It's pretty irrelevant for us.

11. layabout

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    holy f***. I need to start doing my temples.

12. hairDespair

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Did my second session. I still don't have the technique down for using a pen. My hand eye coordination looking in a mirror is so bad. I try to do up and down, and it always turns into diagonal lol

Those with a pen, do you just touch the tip down or do you press a bit? I feel like I'm being too gentle by just gliding it across

Bill_Russo likes this.
  13. Whatabouthoes

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Anyone attempt to order the derminator and get a disclaimer about shipping delays during cold months? What the hell is that all about?

14. wilfred

wilfred Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    For me it's easier having the pen in one hand and holding my head with the other. I also think going by feel helps instead of the mirror sometimes.

Bill_Russo likes this.
  15. Bill_Russo

Bill_Russo Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Oh my! Would you look at the f*****g time. 77DjMfg.jpg

16. Pigeon

Pigeon Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Are you planning on moving to microneedling alone? You would be a perfect person to see if minoxidil gains stay/maintain with just needling.

17. Bill_Russo

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Alright! Second session is done.
    I applied more pressure than before. No changes in pain; still not bad at all. However, it was a blood spot party this time around.
    Looking forward to the third one.

ToLGuy likes this.
  18. Bill_Russo

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Oh, and yeah: pain wasn't bad, but needling the hairline makes me sneeze and I have strong *** sneezes. I think I broke a rib or two.

19. Wergi

Wergi Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I don't see how intermittant fasting is connected to anything related to inflammation. Each needling session is creating acute inflammation. Many of the participants here reported after few needling session reduced dandruff and overall itchiness on the scalp which is common symptom in chronic inflammation. That's why in my opinion needling creates healthier enviroment for new hair growth.

Bill_Russo likes this.
  20. albert

albert Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I have good and bad news. Bad news is, microneedling alone seems to show extremely slow results (kind of expected) and the small improvements halted once I stopped using Minoxidil due to potential health concerns.

The good news is, I will resume Minoxidil usage in about a week. It turned out that my chest pain was caused by something else totally unrelated (and luckily minor) and I was already treated and almost fully healed as of now.

To give some more context, I used Minoxidil in the past with little results besides (probably) maintenance. I dropped it when I decided to buzz my hair. I used to tolerate it very well for years, no side effects whatsoever. So I should be fine when I resume usage again :)