Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

ZidaneBaldGod

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So yesterday was my 4th session. Which means i'm now at 1 month of treatment.

Yesterday i bled a bit less than last time, but the burning sensation i got afterwards lasted much longer, almost the entire day in fact.
This burning sensation is very subtle and not really bothersome though.

I don't know why it lasted longer this time. Maybe my scalp is getting healthier, i dunno.

I can't notice any changes in hair diameter.
However, my hair looks really healthy.
I still have a lot of flaking, but after a session, the occasional itching of the scalp i get completely disappears for almost a week.

So yeah this sh*t is the real cure for the itch. Holy sh*t it's amazing.

Noahwiththelongthinhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can see microneedling on its own is beneficial by itself, some people are saying their hair is looking worse, but I don't know their full regimen. Worst comes to worst might have to throw in an AA or make your regimen a bit more aggressive, unfortunately I had to because well balding at 15 = aggressive pattern loss from what I've read. I've been shedding as well but all I have seen are minaturised, I'm seeing more little sprouts pop up all over and I know I'm seeing regrowth because these hairs that have grown are just sticking out but thick as hell. Still receded but hairs growing in those areas too, just slowly. Seem to be getting a good bit of regrowth in frontal and crown region which was what I mainly wanted but I would love to see my hairline less receded.

Reggie Perrin

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I tried Kirkland Minoxidil liquid and i came up with an allergic rash. I had hives and intense itching. I therefore decided to try the foam version as I thought the issue was with the PG, but I have had the same reaction with the foam.

Not sure what to do now. Not really sure what the alternatives to Minoxidil might be? Any suggestions anyone.

I guess I could just needle but I figure any results will take longer to happen.

bigjimmy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I tried Kirkland Minoxidil liquid and i came up with an allergic rash. I had hives and intense itching. I therefore decided to try the foam version as I thought the issue was with the PG, but I have had the same reaction with the foam.

Not sure what to do now. Not really sure what the alternatives to Minoxidil might be? Any suggestions anyone.

I guess I could just needle but I figure any results will take longer to happen.

Have you tried any other minoxidil brand?

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

You can try using Rosemary oil and Peppermint oil with Jojoba oil as a carrier,
There were a couple of studies, I think it's supposed to be as efficient as minoxidil 2%

rizaster

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I have same issue with rogaine liquid. I switched to lipogaine sensitive, which does not include the pg that our scalps are allergic to

hairDespair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it odd to have never grown temple points? I had needled that area and then remembered that I never really had anything there even as a kid. I'm assuming that would be a waste of time, as needling only potentially revives hair, right?

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it odd to have never grown temple points? I had needled that area and then remembered that I never really had anything there even as a kid. I'm assuming that would be a waste of time, as needling only potentially revives hair, right?
Well as @HelixO says it can actually help create new hair follicles. I don't think it hurts to try

Scalp_tenderizer

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does more blood mean the wounding is deeper and more effective?

I bled so much more with a 540 pin dermaroller, compared to a dermapen or the 190 pin one.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I never had them either

yayapapaya

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So, after initial burst of new hairs, progress seems to be stalling. Those new hairs are an inch long now. Usually have to wait ~2 months for another batch of regrowth. Is it because hair cycle? I dunno.

jared garnith

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I've been balding for probably 3 years now but rapidly and am on 10mg of oral minoxidil a day without any success but it sure works well for maintaining growing hair on my shoulders. do you think derma rolling with minoxidil would be more effective? thanks

rizaster

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So, after initial burst of new hairs, progress seems to be stalling. Those new hairs are an inch long now. Usually have to wait ~2 months for another batch of regrowth. Is it because hair cycle? I dunno.

Just as your hair is lost in cycles, hair regrows in cycles as well. Many people i have seen are expecting to see massive results 3 months, but thats literally just one cycle. Even with hair transplants, full growth is expected after a year

Scootz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone use any post-microneedling topicals to alleviate the dry skin afterwards? My skin (especially right under the hairline) peels pretty bad for a few days following the needling. My fiancé uses some Vitamin C + hyaluronic acid serums and says it works pretty well, might give that a try.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
After my last session (12th one) I didn't get so much flaking. Not sure if it was because my session was ineffective, but it was like how I would normally do it (redness and a few blood spots). Maybe it gets less after a while? I don't know. Or maybe because my hair is getting thicker and perhaps more difficult to get a clear view when you needle.

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How many hair did u shed ? Did you ever count ? Thick hair or thin hair ?
I’ve not counted to an exact amount. I just know I’ve never seen them hanging out of my hair brush before. Not like this. But now every time there’s at least 20 hairs hanging out of the brush. New hair. Seems thinner. I clean it out. Then next time, same thing.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve not counted to an exact amount. I just know I’ve never seen them hanging out of my hair brush before. Not like this. But now every time there’s at least 20 hairs hanging out of the brush. New hair. Seems thinner. I clean it out. Then next time, same thing.

Hopefully those weak hairs will come back much stronger. If you're scared, just do a buzzcut, you'll probably notice it much less. I did that when I first got on minoxidil years ago.

Bitless

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you guys use for wounding, derminator or derma pen?
I have 1.5 derma stamp, will this be good enough? Or should get the derma pen or derminator