Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
All true, but the other benefits of lifting and jogging outweight balding for me. Weightlifting is shown to create stiffiness in young adults but not middle aged adults.

But perhaps ill try introducing magnesium. I did before for a little bit. I guess it cant hurt
I love magnesium. It usually is instantly relaxing. A good way to use it is before bed or before your shower. I use Asutra brand oil from amazon, $10 lasts a while and no poop effects

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
Second question: If DHT is promoting blood vessel calcification, why is DHT promoting beard growth?
It has multiple functions. It also makes your voice deeper.
Perhaps these calcium receptors are only active under stress

Wergi

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just posted a photo showing the top of the scalp has much weaker blood flow
View attachment 110027

It's still a good question though. Is it truly because of blood flow differences in the scalp?

I've deloped retrograde alopecia from High TSH so I'm losing some hair on the sides of my head and my neck.
I've also developed a momentary spell of Alopecia Barbare - bald spots and inflammation in my beard from too low estrogen. So my beard is also balding

View attachment 110028

Crown has a much bigger network then the areas I marked in red, yet crown is in most cases first to show signs of balding.

HelixO

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm aware of PTD-DBM but he also used VPA to increase stem cells to make new hair follciles. So perhaps needling does create new hair follicles, forgive me for being biased. I remember Follicla stating follicle neo-genesis.

There's a number of studies that focus on the WNT pathway by many different authors. In general WNT pathway directly contributes to new follicle creation, and wounding directly stimulates it. The role of the peptide/vaproic as I understand it was just to increase the overall potency of the pathway. I don't recall how significant the effect is with just needing, but the WNT pathway is directly involved and largely responsible for the effect.

If it's associated with calcium buildup why aren't we losing any hair on the sides, only on the top?

That's the mystery. People have theories, but there are not many studies which really uncover the exact link between why DHT causes fibrosis to build up, or why more DHT goes to the scalp in the first place. We just understand the overall links between everything.

One of DHT's functions in the body is as an anti-inflammatory agent, and this directly causes a vasoconstriction effect (reduced bloodflow). Studies have recognized that balding areas of the scalp have more collagen/fibrosis build up than non-balding areas, and they also have recognized that there are higher levels of DHT in balding areas of the scalp than there are in non-balding areas. So, there definitely is some connection between DHT, Fibrosis, and Loss, we just don't fully understand what that is.

One interesting theory is that large foreheads were seen as more attractive in our evolutionary ancestors, thus favoring genes which promote that trait. For all we know that specific gene could have something to do with oxidative/inflammatory sensitivity - perhaps that area of the scalp is simply less resistant to oxidative stress. At least that is one speculative theory how such a pattern/trait could evolve in humans. Again just a theory I've seen floated around.

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
There's a number of studies that focus on the WNT pathway by many different authors. In general WNT pathway directly contributes to new follicle creation, and wounding directly stimulates it. The role of the peptide/vaproic as I understand it was just to increase the overall potency of the pathway. I don't recall how significant the effect is with just needing, but the WNT pathway is directly involved and largely responsible for the effect.

That's the mystery. People have theories, but there are not many studies which really uncover the exact link between why DHT causes fibrosis to build up, or why more DHT goes to the scalp in the first place. We just understand the overall links between everything.

One of DHT's functions in the body is as an anti-inflammatory agent, and this directly causes a vasoconstriction effect (reduced bloodflow). Studies have recognized that balding areas of the scalp have more collagen/fibrosis build up than non-balding areas, and they also have recognized that there are higher levels of DHT in balding areas of the scalp than there are in non-balding areas. So, there definitely is some connection between DHT, Fibrosis, and Loss, we just don't fully understand what that is.

One interesting theory is that large foreheads were seen as more attractive in our evolutionary ancestors, thus favoring genes which promote that trait. For all we know that specific gene could have something to do with oxidative/inflammatory sensitivity - perhaps that area of the scalp is simply less resistant to oxidative stress. At least that is one speculative theory how such a pattern/trait could evolve in humans. Again just a theory I've seen floated around.
Perhpas thats why some are "immune " to balding- I have even read it has to do with certain fat like brown fat preventing reactions to oxidative stress.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0022202X15320789
" Furthermore, male mice with an X-linked mutation in the androgen receptorgene (formerly called testicular feminization and abbreviated as ArTfm) showed decreased levels of collagen, indicating that the androgen receptor pathway contributes to the observed differences. These findings demonstrate that there are striking differences in the collagen content of skin between male and female mice, and provide a biochemical explanation for these differences"

Most likely DHT plays a significant role in actiavting collagen somehow - it's well known men can heal from wounds better than women can. In my mind perricular fibrosis is the body trying to heal inflammation through DHT, instead causing collagen to build up and interfere with the function of hair follicles.

I ignored the WNT pathway because drugs like Way-316606 and PTD-DBM can increase cancer occurrence, and PTD-DBM was used by member of the regrowbros.com forum to little effect. On top of that, if there is a blood flow issue then new hair follicles doesn't do much for the situation

HelixO

My Regimen
Reaction score
I ignored the WNT pathway because drugs like Way-316606 and PTD-DBM can increase cancer occurrence, and PTD-DBM was used by member of the regrowbros.com forum to little effect. On top of that, if there is a blood flow issue then new hair follicles doesn't do much for the situation

PTD-DBM isn't a drug though, it's a peptide- how has it been linked to cancer? It was only discovered less than a year or 2 ago. Also how did the guy know he had legitimate or clean product? There is no current market supply for it so it's really hit or miss for him to get a legitimate batch of it at this point unless he has a really trusted peptide supplier/manufacturer. Manufacturing peptides is nothing like getting small-research chemicals manufactured - the process is way harder, more expensive, and harder to come by as a legitimate service.

As well, it seems counter intuitive for him to say he got no results from it... because even if his product was bunk, he still would have gotten significant regrowth from microneedling alone assuming he was going deep enough. If he wasn't microneedling properly, then even if his peptide was real, it would not be able to get into the wounds where it needs to be.

Besides PTD-DBM isn't necessary for male pattern baldness sufferers, as their follicles are not dead. PTD-DBM is like a nuclear bomb, and shines for growing new follicles, such as someone who has destroyed their follicles through a traumatic event, or people who just lacked them to begin with. For instance, PTD-DBM could be used to "grow a new hairline", where there was never any hair in the first place. It could also be used to grow new hair follicles which could be transplanted.

HelixO

My Regimen
Reaction score
I personally have a vial of ptd-dbm in my freezer I don't plan on using. Myself and several others contacted a highly reputed source that charged us a good amount to make it.

Do you know which protein transduction domain sequence was used? I'm sure you're aware that there's multiple variations of the PTD segment, all of which can significantly effect whether or not the molecule is properly uptaken into the cell. The patent alone describes 5 different PTD sequences which can be used, so it is impossible to say the peptide doesn't workout unless different variations have been tried. Certain PTD sequences can be rejected by different peoples bodies, whereas others won't. There's also the variability in the amino-acid linkage which can also have an impact.

Were there human studies done? Last I recall the only official studies were done in mice, to which humans could require a different PTD segment to be effective.

Believe me after paying $60+ dollars and waiting 2 months for the peptide everyone knew to microneedle.

You totally missed my point - you said "only one got regrowth" - that is a very clear indicator that the other people were not microneedling correctly, because microneedling alone will cause regrowth in everyone. If they weren't even getting regrowth from microneedling, then they flat out were not going deep enough, in which case the peptide certainly isn't going to work.

Peptides also can cause cancer progession lol - believe peptides can be more dangerous than drugs.

Well yes but that is obviously an extremely generalized statement. Imagine someone saying "I don't buy supplements from the store because some chemicals exist in the world that cause cancer" - that's just an absurdly broad declaration. Peptides are significantly more selective than chemicals, so they are even less likely to cause cancer through miscellaneous means.

Wergi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Perhpas thats why some are "immune " to balding- I have even read it has to do with certain fat like brown fat preventing reactions to oxidative stress.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0022202X15320789
" Furthermore, male mice with an X-linked mutation in the androgen receptorgene (formerly called testicular feminization and abbreviated as ArTfm) showed decreased levels of collagen, indicating that the androgen receptor pathway contributes to the observed differences. These findings demonstrate that there are striking differences in the collagen content of skin between male and female mice, and provide a biochemical explanation for these differences"

Most likely DHT plays a significant role in actiavting collagen somehow - it's well known men can heal from wounds better than women can. In my mind perricular fibrosis is the body trying to heal inflammation through DHT, instead causing collagen to build up and interfere with the function of hair follicles.

I'll just copy paste from an article:

Several studies have demonstrated that there is an association between local overproduction of active androgens and acne. Acne patients produced higher rates of testosterone and 5α-dihydrotestosterone (5α-DHT) in their skin than healthy individuals.29 High testosterone levels have been implicated with enhanced sebaceous gland activity in humans30,31 and consequently with diseases marked by hyperseborrhea, such as Acne vulgaris. However, only a few patients with androgenic disorders exhibit hyperandrogenemia, an observation which indicates the predominance of peripheral tissue events for the occurrence of clinical signs.32

Enhanced sebaceous gland activity is attributed to the potent androgen 5α-DHT5 as sebaceous gland cells possess all necessary enzymes for conversion of testosterone to 5α-DHT.33 The isozyme 5α-reductase type I, which catalyses the conversion from testosterone to 5α-DHT in peripheral tissues by a NADPH-dependent reaction is expressed predominantly in skin. It is present in the cytoplasm and cell membrane compartment in skin cells34 and particularly in facial sebocytes,33 illustrating the key role of sebaceous gland cells in androgen metabolism.

The effects of testosterone and 5α-DHT are mediated by binding to the nuclear androgen receptor (AR), also expressed in human sebaceous gland cells.35 AR is a member of the steroid superfamily of ligand-dependent transcription factors. 5α-DHT binds to the AR with greater affinity than testosterone and the 5α-DHT/AR complex appears to be more stable36 and therefore, more effective.

Basically:

image.axd.jpeg

That explains why NW7 have shiny oily scalp. I'm not sure why it affects only top of our head, my guess is that sebum production naturally is higher on the top than on the sides due to increased sun exposure. Many people mentioned balding as a disease, in my opinion it's autoimmune disorder which means it can never be cured and can only be managed.

As you've said in previous post DHT has many functions, so taking finasteride is maybe effective but it comes at a cost (not only for your body but also for your wallet). I'd say that way to fight inflammation is the key to STOP hair loss. People that are microneedling for a while on this forum are reporting reduced dandruff that is strongly correlated to sebaceous gland. That implies microneedling is somewhat effective in this area. Is it enough to promote new hair growth? Probably not, microneedling alone was showing some improvments in the studies, but when combined with minoxidil it had best results. if it's true that it helps with chronic inflammation then it creates healthier enviroment on your scalp and that's why minoxidil is much more effective.

Who knows maybe people that were microneedling in 2013 were onto something and just didn't stick long enough. 6 months is laughable compered to how long it took for them to reach NW2-7.

Link to the whole article:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3051853/

Well that's my theory. It's 4am and I'm pretty drunk so apologise for any mistakes. What do you think?

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you know which protein transduction domain sequence was used? I'm sure you're aware that there's multiple variations of the PTD segment, all of which can significantly effect whether or not the molecule is properly uptaken into the cell. The patent alone describes 5 different PTD sequences which can be used, so it is impossible to say the peptide doesn't workout unless different variations have been tried. Certain PTD sequences can be rejected by different peoples bodies, whereas others won't. There's also the variability in the amino-acid linkage which can also have an impact.

Were there human studies done? Last I recall the only official studies were done in mice, to which humans could require a different PTD segment to be effective.

You totally missed my point - you said "only one got regrowth" - that is a very clear indicator that the other people were not microneedling correctly, because microneedling alone will cause regrowth in everyone. If they weren't even getting regrowth from microneedling, then they flat out were not going deep enough, in which case the peptide certainly isn't going to work.

Well yes but that is obviously an extremely generalized statement. Imagine someone saying "I don't buy supplements from the store because some chemicals exist in the world that cause cancer" - that's just an absurdly broad declaration. Peptides are significantly more selective than chemicals, so they are even less likely to cause cancer through miscellaneous means.
Lmao. Messing with the WNT could increase cancer risk, it was laid out but I don’t recall why because I won’t use PTD-DBM. I know they didn’t vary the amino acid linkage.
It takes weeks/months to see results from micro needling alone so you can’t excuse that either

How many people have tried microneedling for two months w/o results? A lot
They all used 1.5 mm I think, an engineer an engineer literally broke it down as a method so everyone could follow the patent. We’re talking 10s if people and a highly reputed biochem lab in Canada making this.
You can ask @whatevr or whoever else was a part of that forum, I really doubt proper PTD-DBM would work. Literally got it back checked by Kang Yell Choi himself and using it only worked for like a guy on finasteride

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If it's associated with calcium buildup why aren't we losing any hair on the sides, only on the top?
Galea tightening causes mechanical stress according to a study previously posted. Which in turn results in fibrin and calcium deposits along with DHT , constricts the follicles over time. Galea covers the top from front to back. Mechanical stress results across the top

Last edited:

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'll just copy paste from an article:

Several studies have demonstrated that there is an association between local overproduction of active androgens and acne. Acne patients produced higher rates of testosterone and 5α-dihydrotestosterone (5α-DHT) in their skin than healthy individuals.29 High testosterone levels have been implicated with enhanced sebaceous gland activity in humans30,31 and consequently with diseases marked by hyperseborrhea, such as Acne vulgaris. However, only a few patients with androgenic disorders exhibit hyperandrogenemia, an observation which indicates the predominance of peripheral tissue events for the occurrence of clinical signs.32

Enhanced sebaceous gland activity is attributed to the potent androgen 5α-DHT5 as sebaceous gland cells possess all necessary enzymes for conversion of testosterone to 5α-DHT.33 The isozyme 5α-reductase type I, which catalyses the conversion from testosterone to 5α-DHT in peripheral tissues by a NADPH-dependent reaction is expressed predominantly in skin. It is present in the cytoplasm and cell membrane compartment in skin cells34 and particularly in facial sebocytes,33 illustrating the key role of sebaceous gland cells in androgen metabolism.

The effects of testosterone and 5α-DHT are mediated by binding to the nuclear androgen receptor (AR), also expressed in human sebaceous gland cells.35 AR is a member of the steroid superfamily of ligand-dependent transcription factors. 5α-DHT binds to the AR with greater affinity than testosterone and the 5α-DHT/AR complex appears to be more stable36 and therefore, more effective.

Basically:

View attachment 110029

That explains why NW7 have shiny oily scalp. I'm not sure why it affects only top of our head, my guess is that sebum production naturally is higher on the top than on the sides due to increased sun exposure. Many people mentioned balding as a disease, in my opinion it's autoimmune disorder which means it can never be cured and can only be managed.

As you've said in previous post DHT has many functions, so taking finasteride is maybe effective but it comes at a cost (not only for your body but also for your wallet). I'd say that way to fight inflammation is the key to STOP hair loss. People that are microneedling for a while on this forum are reporting reduced dandruff that is strongly correlated to sebaceous gland. That implies microneedling is somewhat effective in this area. Is it enough to promote new hair growth? Probably not, microneedling alone was showing some improvments in the studies, but when combined with minoxidil it had best results. if it's true that it helps with chronic inflammation then it creates healthier enviroment on your scalp and that's why minoxidil is much more effective.

Who knows maybe people that were microneedling in 2013 were onto something and just didn't stick long enough. 6 months is laughable compered to how long it took for them to reach NW2-7.

Link to the whole article:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3051853/

Well that's my theory. It's 4am and I'm pretty drunk so apologise for any mistakes. What do you think?
I agree that androgens cause increase in hair and skin oil. I don’t think we even need to be concerned about it.

I agree inflammation precedes DHT.
Autoimmune diseases are often caused by hormone imbalance, I don’t think they are incurable.
It’s not in medical practice to reverse soft tissue calcification or fibrosis so that’s why they think it’s incurable lol. Doctors are dumb as f***, the whole reason I have sh*t hair is my doctor manipulated me into taking a drug that causes receding hairlines by f*****g up your hormones.

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
Gales tightening causes mechanical stress according to a study previously posted. Which in turn results in fibrin and calcium deposits along with DHT , constricts the follicles over time. Gales covers the top from front to back. Mechanical stress results across the top
Frankly I think it’s stress that causes calcification.
Hans Selye the microbiologist was the one who studied stress, and proved it resulted in soft tissue calcification.
I find it hard to believe the body’s muscles would become tight enough to disrepair hair follicles.
The scalp is tight from the calcification

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think Rob says it’s mechanical stress so he can make a buck selling his massage routine, when really you’re breaking up the fibrosis and calcium deposits.
I can’t find a logical reason a muscle would tighten itself enough to damage organs and skin, and that only a minority experience it

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think Rob says it’s mechanical stress so he can make a buck selling his massage routine, when really you’re breaking up the fibrosis and calcium deposits.
I can’t find a logical reason a muscle would tighten itself enough to damage organs and skin, and that only a minority experience it
I posted the study a couple pages back. (Page260?)Not sure what causes the galea to tighten. I'll have to go back and read it again. I might have missed it. Maybe that's why slick bald heads look so tight and smooth.

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
I posted the study a couple pages back. (Page260?)Not sure what causes the galea to tighten. I'll have to go back and read it again. I might have missed it. Maybe that's why slick bald heads look so tight and smooth.
repost it pls senor

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hans Selye studied stress and his theory of General Adaptation is that stress induces calfication as a response.
Thus when men undergo stress is causes inflammation, which then DHT is sent to the sites of inflammation (the itching in the scalp)
and fibrosis/calcifcation occurs. It's clear to me now that this is somehow a local phenomena.

View attachment 110026
In our scalp tissues, increased androgens turn on more androgen receptors, and together, the increased DHT plus the increased androgen receptors results in calcification. Both DHT and androgen receptors must increase (not just one) for calcification to occur.

Interestingly, DHT plus androgen receptors also increase fibrosis in heart cells.

In other words, increased DHT + increased androgen receptors precede both calcification and fibrosis

https://perfecthairhealth.com/the-ultimate-hair-loss-flowchart-why-we-lose-our-hair/
“Our results show that curcumin down-regulates transactivation and expression of AR, activator protein-1 (AP-1), nuclear factor-kappaB (NF-kappaB), and CREB (cAMP response element-binding protein)-binding protein (CBP). Curcumin also inhibited the transforming activities of both cell lines as evidenced by the reduced colony forming ability in soft agar. The results obtained here demonstrate that curcumin has a potential therapeutic effect on prostate cancer cells through down-regulation of AR and AR-related cofactors (AP-1, NF-kappaB and CBP).”

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
“Our results show that curcumin down-regulates transactivation and expression of AR, activator protein-1 (AP-1), nuclear factor-kappaB (NF-kappaB), and CREB (cAMP response element-binding protein)-binding protein (CBP). Curcumin also inhibited the transforming activities of both cell lines as evidenced by the reduced colony forming ability in soft agar. The results obtained here demonstrate that curcumin has a potential therapeutic effect on prostate cancer cells through down-regulation of AR and AR-related cofactors (AP-1, NF-kappaB and CBP).”
That's no good if you want more AR. Then again maybe it only downregulates the negative androgen receptors, like the calcification sites

@whatevr told me curcumin was the consistent fix for his elevated TSH. My TSH is 16, but after fixing balding I plan on using curcumin :D

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been feeling a pain in my prostate so a double use for curcumin - @Capone as you're probably aware male pattern baldness and prostate cancer are linked

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's no good if you want more AR. Then again maybe it only downregulates the negative androgen receptors, like the calcification sites

@whatevr told me curcumin was the consistent fix for his elevated TSH. My TSH is 16, but after fixing balding I plan on using curcumin :D
We don’t want them in the scalp, a topical would be ideal but like anything it needs to be tested for 3-4 months. Can’t be left on either or you’ll be like a Simpson! :D