Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So... Turns out doing inverted hangs on gymnastic rings is still not the best idea three days after needling.
This is maybe the biggest downside of this treatment. But still not too bad.
A tressless top responder had inversion table in their micro needle routine .

CuredMouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Last session was a complete failure, 36 pins is officially too high as it will tear out your hair as it gets twisted in the pins. I've been shedding A LOT lately and honestly I've seen no progress in the month I've been doing this. It's pretty uncomfortable being either at the precipice of satisfactory regrowth or confirmation that no treatment will work, and being unaware which it is. I've never shared any "effects of hairloss" stuff on here before as I hate incelism and all that comes with it but I may as well. I'm only 20 and I've been overweight for most of my life, handsome but overweight. Well 3 years ago I made a change and dropped 70lbs. in less than a year and finally reached a healthy weight. I was extremely attractive and I was reminded everywhere I looked. People I hadn't known very long couldn't believe my old pictures were of me, customers at my job flirted with me, and best of all I had EARNED it. Hair loss stole that from me, all my hard work and it's rewards. But that's also why I love needling so much. I've always been willing to work for my appearance, I never wanted or expected an easy, magical solution to my hair loss, just a fair opportunity to earn it. Needling is to hair what diet and excercise are to weight, and that's just fine with me. Hopefully that analogy helps some of you, because right now it's all that's pushing me along.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Last session was a complete failure, 36 pins is officially too high as it will tear out your hair as it gets twisted in the pins. I've been shedding A LOT lately and honestly I've seen no progress in the month I've been doing this. It's pretty uncomfortable being either at the precipice of satisfactory regrowth or confirmation that no treatment will work, and being unaware which it is. I've never shared any "effects of hairloss" stuff on here before as I hate incelism and all that comes with it but I may as well. I'm only 20 and I've been overweight for most of my life, handsome but overweight. Well 3 years ago I made a change and dropped 70lbs. in less than a year and finally reached a healthy weight. I was extremely attractive and I was reminded everywhere I looked. People I hadn't known very long couldn't believe my old pictures were of me, customers at my job flirted with me, and best of all I had EARNED it. Hair loss stole that from me, all my hard work and it's rewards. But that's also why I love needling so much. I've always been willing to work for my appearance, I never wanted or expected an easy, magical solution to my hair loss, just a fair opportunity to earn it. Needling is to hair what diet and excercise are to weight, and that's just fine with me. Hopefully that analogy helps some of you, because right now it's all that's pushing me along.
Absolutely agreed man. I also see it the same way.
We're on a similar boat. Although I was never overweight and I still get compliments despite my hairloss, my problem was more oriented towards attitude and self-worth and I was able to change it. I was accomplishing most of my personal goals. I work daily on them and I feel satisfied and happy with myself... Until I look at my head. And can't help but feel that a f*****g 3 cm recession on the hairline is preventing me from fully enjoying all that and myself. Now that I finally see the light, this bullshit gets in the way. And when I didn't see it I had a full head. Ain't life a bad f*****g joke.
Well, I'm not having it. And while I feel the same way you do about what you called incelism and places like these, I also find that this one isn't such a stinky gutter. There are assholes, sure, but also a lot of helpful people. Not as bad as I thought. After all, I found out about needling because I joined in the first place.
I'm on a bad place now. Perhaps the worst so far (and I've been through a few bad ones).
But needling has given me great hope. Surely more treatments will be required, but that's fine as long as they're effective. I can at least get a bit closer to finding myself again with this.
I hope we can both get to that place sooner rather than later buddy.
Oh, I saw that one. While his results are good, he's using a bunch of sh*t. Don't think table inversion has contributed much to them.
Always enjoy the Imgur morons commenting to just go bald gracefully.

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
Another interesting thing from the Indian study

A dermaroller of 1.5 mm sized needles was gently rolled over the affected areas of the scalp in longitudinal, vertical, and diagonal directions until mild erythema was noted; this was considered as the end point of the procedure. Each procedure lasted for about 20-25 minutes.

On the other hand the Chinese study used a proper microneedling device to produce deep wounds.

The Indian study used the dermaroller gently.
How can you create erythema wild mild freaking rolling?? Im rolling and pushing like a madman and I get a little red...

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How can you create erythema wild mild freaking rolling?? Im rolling and pushing like a madman and I get a little red...
Apparently by doing it for almost half an hour.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I hate people like you more than anything on this planet, I'm absolutely serious. mimimi 3cm recession prevent me form enjoying my life, give me a f*****g brake. this entire thread is an absolute mess holy sh*t
I never said a 3 cm recession prevented me from enjoying life. I enjoy life just fine. I said it prevented me from fully enjoying myself. Learn to read, get a grip and bow the f*** out if you dislike the thread that much.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ouch that must have felt really odd. I was picking something up and I did it just a few hours after needling and I felt like all the blood in my body is going to rush out of holes in my scalp.
It did, man. It was exactly how you described it but worse, haha.

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
I hate people like you more than anything on this planet, I'm absolutely serious. mimimi 3cm recession prevent me form enjoying my life, give me a f*****g brake. this entire thread is an absolute mess holy sh*t
Well this is a place for everyone. If he cant come to this forum with his hair issues, then what is left? Just the fact that your balder than him doesn't mean that he cant complain here about his hair status...that's not how this works.

CuredMouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This dude's done an insane amount of work presenting an incredible treatment option as clearly as possible to as many people as possible, and thread catalogues the responses of dozens of people to further develop said treatment, there are PLENTY of things more worthy of hate.

CuredMouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
alright then. haven't had any success with it
The thread wasn't created for you, it's for the collective, and collectively we've had sucesss. I haven't had success personally however anyone else's success is just as significant as mine or yours as objectively we all matter equally in this world. Stick with this treatment and don't give up, you deserve hair and this is the way to get it, we've yet to see anyone try for a full year with no results, nor have we seen anyone's results dip or stop developing at any point. Keep trying and give yourself the option of regrowth.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I never said he can't complain at all. I just gave my opinion on people who worry about such minor sh*t and imply it seriously influences how they view themselves. that's just pure narcism. but who cares, carry on
Again, you didn't read for sh*t. I'm not saying it greatly impacts how I view myself. All I tried to say with that post is that I would be 100% happy with myself if I had a full head again. I have more serious issues than this; It doesn't mean I will deny how it impacts my life. Pretending I don't give a sh*t about hair loss while being here at the same time doesn't really add up.
After years of feeling like sh*t about myself I'm finally starting to feel good, but not 100% good. That's the issue right there. Nothing more, nothing less. And yes, it's frustrating when you work daily for it and something like this ruins that for you.
If wanting to be 100% happy with how I view myself instead of being 80% happy makes me a narcissist, then so be it.

Last edited:

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had some serious issue to overcome with my appearance as well, finally I am getting somewhere and at that point my entire crown falls apart-now I'm pretty much a Norwood 4 and I'm back to feeling like sh*t again as I did my entire life. I'm so tired of it-.-
Then you and I understand each other fairly well, man.
I guess I understand where you come from now if you thought I was here because of a mature hairline.
Please, read more carefully next time. English isn't my first language, but I think I'm pretty good at it.
I hope you have success with this, man. Or, at least, that you can get closer to it. We're in the same boat, so all this fighting is useless.
Best of luck.

sportsguy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No there is nothing wrong in that.

I was discussing wound healing response because a hair transplant. The one that happens after getting a hair transplant. The studies suggest that the effect was short lived. But the response was similar to microneedling apart from the shock loss. Since the procedure of hair transplant itself was just one session of wounding, it's effect wasn't good enough.

I wanted to research why people after a transplant do not get a similar response to microneedling and obviously it's because just one session isn't enough.

And Bill Russo is right about the other thing. Those pictures are of patients who had bad transplant results and did microneedling.

Definitely agree. I def think though we'll be able to needle far less. Again i think there will be a difference between needling for growth and needling for maintenance. I think 2young referenced it while he was here briefly about not microneedling as much during summer. Even if i had to continue to needle once a week i def could.

On a separate topic. I'm def wondering for those of us getting vellus hairs and such. I know i have a mixture of vellus and intermediate. Also i now have thick terminals popping up. I'm wondering if new hairs will go straight from vellus to thick, or from vellus to intermediate then to thick. I'm sure everyone is going to have a different response.

I'm only like 6 weeks in and i have to get out of the habit of constantly looking for changes on a daily basis. Its definitely working but i definitely have to remind myself its a marthon not a sprint.

benjt2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Quick update:

3 full months by now since my first weekly needling session at 1.75 mm. Daily minoxidil (1 ml per day) still consistenly being applied, missed it maybe twice in total.

Still no results at all.

Added daily dilligent scalp massages into my regimen a couple of days ago (before that I only did them sporadically). Will keep my word of trying needling for at least 6 months. But, as of now after 3 months, still no results, neither vellus nor terminal.

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Absolutely agreed man. I also see it the same way.
We're on a similar boat. Although I was never overweight and I still get compliments despite my hairloss, my problem was more oriented towards attitude and self-worth and I was able to change it. I was accomplishing most of my personal goals. I work daily on them and I feel satisfied and happy with myself... Until I look at my head. And can't help but feel that a f*****g 3 cm recession on the hairline is preventing me from fully enjoying all that and myself. Now that I finally see the light, this bullshit gets in the way. And when I didn't see it I had a full head. Ain't life a bad f*****g joke.
Well, I'm not having it. And while I feel the same way you do about what you called incelism and places like these, I also find that this one isn't such a stinky gutter. There are assholes, sure, but also a lot of helpful people. Not as bad as I thought. After all, I found out about needling because I joined in the first place.
I'm on a bad place now. Perhaps the worst so far (and I've been through a few bad ones).
But needling has given me great hope. Surely more treatments will be required, but that's fine as long as they're effective. I can at least get a bit closer to finding myself again with this.
I hope we can both get to that place sooner rather than later buddy.

Oh, I saw that one. While his results are good, he's using a bunch of sh*t. Don't think table inversion has contributed much to them.
Always enjoy the Imgur morons commenting to just go bald gracefully.

Yea i don't think being upside down is the main thing at work lol im on finasteride min i aint going hang upside down tho i have soft spot for this guy as his pattern is similar to my only my forelock is way stronger dare to dream for his result lol

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yea i don't think being upside down is the main thing at work lol im on finasteride min i aint going hang upside down tho i have soft spot for this guy as his pattern is similar to my only my forelock is way stronger dare to dream for his result lol
Are you using a stamp? Roller? Derminator?

Also if at best this arrests your hair loss or slows it down you have nothing to loose by staying on it.

I’d hate to think / hear that you stopped and then lost a chunk.