Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Quick update:

3 full months by now since my first weekly needling session at 1.75 mm. Daily minoxidil (1 ml per day) still consistenly being applied, missed it maybe twice in total.

Still no results at all.

Added daily dilligent scalp massages into my regimen a couple of days ago (before that I only did them sporadically). Will keep my word of trying needling for at least 6 months. But, as of now after 3 months, still no results, neither vellus nor terminal.

you thought of bumping up the depth i just did a 2.5mm session today as a test. think i may go back down to 2mm till i hit 3 month mark tho if its not working hit 2.5 again what pen using using you sure your hitting 1.75 my derminator says im missing depth if i glide to fast

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you using a stamp? Roller? Derminator?

Also if at best this arrests your hair loss or slows it down you have nothing to loose by staying on it.

I’d hate to think / hear that you stopped and then lost a chunk.
lol i aint stopping lol im sure my shed has dropped dramatically since i started so will now needle through fear it was helping. im pretty sure my right temple point has new velus but im not sure. not panicking till month 3 lol

benjt2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm using an electric pen: https://www.amazon.de/Elektrische-Micronadeln-0-25mm-2-0mm-Cellulite-Wiederaufladbar/dp/B07B2RYSPB/

My hairloss started at 17 with frontal and temple recession. Now I'm 29 and at Norwood 3.5 (or 3.9). Basically front and temples almost completely gone but crown, weirdly enough, still intact so far (but who knows for how much longer). Recession only, no diffuse thinning.

Can't bump needle length up to 2 mm. Tried it, hurts too much as I have very thin skin in general. Two or three of my sessions were quite bloody so lack of wounding is probably not the problem; from all the other sessions I got red skin for at least 48 hours afterwards.

Not even a peach fuzz?

Maybe start applying is immediately after needling from now on. How old is your hairloss and what norwood? Are you using a pen?
Nope, unfortunately not. I really wish so much for this to work for me, but so far nothing.

But as I said I'll continue for at least another 3 months. Just might not be able to keep up the weekly needling from now on due to a lot of meetings with clients.

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm using an electric pen: https://www.amazon.de/Elektrische-Micronadeln-0-25mm-2-0mm-Cellulite-Wiederaufladbar/dp/B07B2RYSPB/

My hairloss started at 17 with frontal and temple recession. Now I'm 29 and at Norwood 3.5 (or 3.9). Basically front and temples almost completely gone but crown, weirdly enough, still intact so far (but who knows for how much longer). Recession only, no diffuse thinning.

Can't bump needle length up to 2 mm. Tried it, hurts too much as I have very thin skin in general.

sounds similar pattern to me do you do your whole scalp?from session 3 on wards i started doing my scalp even where its not needed just encase it help the whole thing i just done session 6 today but i feel i didn't nail technique till session 4 im hoping that smooth skin just takes longer to show results that thinning areas we see people respond quick to

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Last session was a complete failure, 36 pins is officially too high as it will tear out your hair as it gets twisted in the pins. I've been shedding A LOT lately and honestly I've seen no progress in the month I've been doing this. It's pretty uncomfortable being either at the precipice of satisfactory regrowth or confirmation that no treatment will work, and being unaware which it is. I've never shared any "effects of hairloss" stuff on here before as I hate incelism and all that comes with it but I may as well. I'm only 20 and I've been overweight for most of my life, handsome but overweight. Well 3 years ago I made a change and dropped 70lbs. in less than a year and finally reached a healthy weight. I was extremely attractive and I was reminded everywhere I looked. People I hadn't known very long couldn't believe my old pictures were of me, customers at my job flirted with me, and best of all I had EARNED it. Hair loss stole that from me, all my hard work and it's rewards. But that's also why I love needling so much. I've always been willing to work for my appearance, I never wanted or expected an easy, magical solution to my hair loss, just a fair opportunity to earn it. Needling is to hair what diet and excercise are to weight, and that's just fine with me. Hopefully that analogy helps some of you, because right now it's all that's pushing me along.
I noticed my diffuse thinning after losing 20+ lbs , switching to a healthier diet, eliminating refined carbs like bread also oatmeal and peanut butter. Once my 6 - 8 pack abs revealed themselves and I was getting compliments, but my hair up and took a dive.

Last edited:

Scootz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Can't bump needle length up to 2 mm. Tried it, hurts too much as I have very thin skin in general. Two or three of my sessions were quite bloody so lack of wounding is probably not the problem; from all the other sessions I got red skin for at least 48 hours afterwards.

Nope, unfortunately not. I really wish so much for this to work for me, but so far nothing.

But as I said I'll continue for at least another 3 months. Just might not be able to keep up the weekly needling from now on due to a lot of meetings with clients.
I think anyone struggling to respond to the traditional weekly 1.5-2mm approach should entertain the idea of switching up their methodology. If you’re not seeing progress after ~6 months, maybe consider switching things up. Try needling at 0.5mm daily for minoxidil application purposes (the “Somebody” method I believe is what other folks are calling it), while continuing to needle at 2mm once every 10-14 days. I intend to do if I’m not seeing any progression within a six month period. It also might be worth getting blood work done to address any defciencies. Adequate micro/macro nutrient profiles can have a big impact on more than just hair maitenance/regrowth! Good luck to you, don’t give up!

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
Quick update:

3 full months by now since my first weekly needling session at 1.75 mm. Daily minoxidil (1 ml per day) still consistenly being applied, missed it maybe twice in total.

Still no results at all.

Added daily dilligent scalp massages into my regimen a couple of days ago (before that I only did them sporadically). Will keep my word of trying needling for at least 6 months. But, as of now after 3 months, still no results, neither vellus nor terminal.
Is everyone going for regrowth here? If you keep the hair you have right now because of the minoxidil and needling, that would still be a huge success.

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Quick update:

Still no results at all.

:(

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It takes a lot of time to regrow something on slick bald areas. There was nothing noticeable on my crown until session 5/6 (I'm in session 8), only black vellus. Now it's growing. Slowly, but still growing. You can see it with a back mirror. Here is how it looked like today. I took this under daylight with my smartphone and enhanced the black a bit. You can't really see it on this photo, but under the "long hair" there are tons of baby hair waiting to grow. This area was slick bald 7 weeks ago. I use 1ml of Minoxidil twice a day only for this area (one other ml for the rest of my scalp). I guess it also helps.

View attachment 110201
Yea my fore head to hair line is slick but mid to to crown is fairly solid.im still needling everything i swear my overall hair is thicker not from grow back but due to reduced shedding not sure if that thing or how that works but if i was losing say 200 hairs a day and it dropped to 100 id have 100 more each day retained than in the past. Prob just wishful thinking on my part. i show my slick area no mercy as theres no fear of it getting any balder lol i use 1month minoxidil in 2 to 3 weeks lol i aint slacking in that department tho my skull does measure 66cm lol. Good luck must be great knowing for sure your on track

Wergi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Quick update:

Still no results at all.

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully something is going to change in the next months.

How do you stand on nutrition? And have you checked your thyroid (TSH level)?

benjt2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully something is going to change in the next months.

How do you stand on nutrition? And have you checked your thyroid (TSH level)?
Had a comprehensive blood test performed recently, all values (thyroid, T, iron, immune cells etc) were completely fine.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Quick update:

Still no results at all.

Why stopping at 6 months? We should all keep Prettyfly's case into account for setting our deadlines. By starting to get regrowth only after a year of needling, he is the latest responder that has been documented up to date, and as such we all should at least needle for that long before assessing failure. Be patient my friend. Your long time slick bald areas need a lot of its fibrosis to be erradicated and an insane amount of blood vessels to be reincorporated.
Creating such an environment for new hair growth in a zone which is practically a collagen and calcium desert is by no means something that could happen in 3 months.

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
she talks at 7:45min about what we are doing on this thread (male pattern baldness+ mirconeedling).

For the love of god her video is scary when she talks about granuloma and infections....

I guess we are all taking a risk and there's no bulletproof way to stay safe while microneedling/dermarolling at home ( I wish there was).

Im still wondering/ actively searching what is the safest step by step bulletproof way to use dermaroller and stay healthy

Medical experts hold little sway with me from what i seen of them in my life either doom or gloom or saying it cant be done.
Doctor Discharged me as drunk when in fact my blood was puss and i was delirious after another doctor left swabs in my nose
Doctor told me i was going to lose my eye and was more than likely going to die
Dentist told me i was going to lose all my upper teeth
Multiples doctors told me my vein problems couldn't be fixed
Multiple doctors told me my shoulder was a mystery and couldn't be fixed
Not dead have 20 20 vision all my teeth no vein issues and can lift my arm above my head lol so a you-tuber voice of doom fails to scare me i spray my scalp with 70% 5 mins before needle tho i spray everything i touch with 70% in fact lol

That said people with other health issues maybe should take note i was concerned i had type2 diabetes and was concerned that a compromised immune system may be a issue

Last edited:

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can everyone who rode through the initial shedding chime in and share your experience?

1. When did the shedding start? How long did it last?

2. When did you start seeing improvement

One month into treatment the shedding only gets worse. It comes in waves and is always the worse immediately after needling as if the hairs are physically shocked out. Already thinner than I could ever imagine. My hair and scalp somehow feels healthier after needling but the sheer amount of hair I lost is just too much to handle.

sportsguy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why stopping at 6 months? We should all keep Prettyfly's case into account for setting our deadlines. By starting to get regrowth only after a year of needling, he is the latest responder that has been documented up to date, and as such we all should at least needle for that long before assessing failure. Be patient my friend. Your long time slick bald areas need a lot of its fibrosis to be erradicated and an insane amount of blood vessels to be reincorporated.
Creating such an environment for new hair growth in a zone which is practically a collagen and calcium desert is by no means something that could happen in 3 months.

Also want to add something. Is it possible that maybe some stem cells/wnt proteins ect just take longer to turn on? Maybe all of a sudden someone that hasn't gotten results after 3-4 months starts seeing great things at 6-8 outta nowhere at a pace like the original poster? So many variables to consider, but def hope everyone sticks with it. The anecdotes and results in the studies are too positive to not.

Medical experts hold little sway with me from what i seen of them in my life either doom or gloom or saying it cant be done.
Doctor Discharged me as drunk when in fact my blood was puss and i was delirious after another doctor left swabs in my nose
Doctor told me i was going to lose my eye and was more than likely going to die
Dentist told me i was going to lose all my upper teeth
Multiples doctors told me my vein problems couldn't be fixed
Multiple doctors told me my shoulder was a mystery and couldn't be fixed
Not dead have 20 20 vision all my teeth no vein issues and can lift my arm above my head lol so a you-tuber voice of doom fails to scare me i spray my scalp with 70% 5 mins before needle tho i spray everything i touch with 70% in fact lol

That said people with other health issues maybe should take note i was concerned i had type2 diabetes and was concerned that a compromised immune system may be a issue

This is your schedule weekly update from layabout:

Same pic from before:
View attachment 110211 View attachment 110212 View attachment 110213

Pics taken right now:
View attachment 110214 View attachment 110215
from the side:
View attachment 110216
hairline: View attachment 110217

That is amazing. My starting point was a bit worse in terms of the mid scalp and the temples being defuse. I could be on my way to that as i'm seeing thickening every week. If i can get to that point your at i'd be ecstatic.