The Cb (breezula [clascoterone]) Community Thread | Page 64 | HairLossTalk Forums
Dismiss Notice
Forum Update: Aug 19. Feedback for the Admin? Upgrade coming: Click Here.

The Cb (breezula [clascoterone]) Community Thread

Discussion in 'New Research, Studies, and Technologies' started by Screeech, Jun 25, 2019.

1. petersonKj

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I know that, even within cancer research, brain cancer research is extremely underfunded despite its extremely high mortality and relatively high prevalence

2. byebyehair

byebyehair Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    https://www.statista.com/statistics/489025/value-of-the-global-hair-loss-treatment-market/ Hairlossmarket 2010: 2B$ -> 2.8B in 2017
    40% increase in 7 years. So with 10^(log(1.4)/7)-1 the anual increase over the 7 years was roughly 5%/year
    https://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/data-mine/2015/05/05/global-cancer-spending-reaches-100b Cancermarket 2010 75B$ -> 100B$ in 2014
    33% increase in 4 years. corresponding to 7.5%/year.

Cancer is life threatening and hairloss is a cosmetic dissorder that sucks big time...

https://www.statista.com/statistics/509679/value-of-the-global-anti-aging-market/ global anti aging market was 2018 by 50B$ and has an anual growth of 5.7%.

So i would say the demand is there... It is just like @pegasus2 pointed out a hard objectiv.

And I'm not sooo sure about Aderan and Intercytex had a sideless maintain option. Many of the guys involved went to replicel or hairclone (as far as I remember) and replicels phase 2 wasn't encouraging.

Pigeon likes this.
  3. Pigeon

Pigeon Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    It's also because no health insurance will cover hairloss regimens that almost no big pharma companies are actively searching for a cure/treatment.

byebyehair and pegasus2 like this.
  4. SomeoneHasToSayIt

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I've read that the drug is rapidly metabolized, but how is that supported by this finding from the acne trial: "At steady-state, plasma concentrations (of CB) increased ~1.8 to 2.1 fold versus first dose with mean (coefficient of variation [CV] %) maximum plasma concentrations of 4.4 ng/mL (67%) and 4.6 ng/mL (103%) in Cohort 1 and Cohort 2, respectively. Cortexolone plasma concentrations trended below the lower limit of quantitation (0.5 ng/mL) in both cohorts."

If CB is immediately and completely metabolized to cortexolone, why is there so much more of it in the serum than the metabolite?

The study I'm quoting: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31251549/

Dimitri001 likes this.
  5. pegasus2

pegasus2 Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    How long after application did they take the readings? I'm not the expert on CB, but I think it's metabolized in minutes. If the readings were taken an hour after application then they should show higher levels of cortexolone. I'm not worried about it personally, as this drug is too weak for me. My hair loss is more severe, and requires much stronger anti-androgens than this weak sauce.

6. SomeoneHasToSayIt

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I'll have to find the full text at some point, but it sounds like there was some degree of systemic accumulation. I wonder if the drug's weakness as an AA could explain why that doesn't cause noticeable side effects for most users.

And yeah, with a regimen like yours, it doesn't sound like CB would add much. Unfortunately, I was burned by finasteride, so my options are a bit more limited.

Edit: full study is freely available. I'll read it after work.

7. SomeoneHasToSayIt

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Ok, so I had a quick look at the study (turns out it wasn't free lol), and found that the PK tests were performed every two hours following the first and last applications of the cream. I've attached the plot of CB serum concentrations for anyone interested. Subjects were applying quite a lot of CB not just to their faces, but also shoulders, upper back, and upper chest.

There definitely is systemic accumulation of the active ingredient (looks like ~3 ng/ml average), so I can't help but wonder why this drug is considered so safe (especially for developing adolescents). To put these numbers in context, healthy testosterone levels for young men are around 6 ng/ml and healthy DHT levels around 1 ng/ml.

My knowledge of anti-androgens in general is pretty weak, and I plan to do a bit of reading on the subject in the near future, but maybe more knowledgable members can weigh in on this?

Attached Files:

8. pegasus2

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    That's almost 100x the dose of Breezula. Probably whatever enzyme metabolizes CB is overwhelmed at that dosage. Does anyone know how it's metabolized?

9. SomeoneHasToSayIt

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    That was my first thought, but I think they're describing the mass of the cream and not the active ingredient. I'll confirm in a bit.

Jim lahey and LowHairLine like this.
  10. pegasus2

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Yeah, you're right. It says 1%. Hmm.. I don't know. That's quite a bit of accumulation for that amount.

11. Mr White

Mr White Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    If you don't mind me asking, what does finasteride have to do with Peyronie's disease?

My penis bens a bit to the left and that always bothered me but it's not related to finasteride and I have no idea if it's PD or not.

12. Mr White

Mr White Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    It hasn't even begun, let's at least give a try first.

13. Dimitri001

Dimitri001 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Maybe it's because of the amount they applied, even if at a low concentration. If they're rubbing it all over their upper body, as SomeoneHasToSayIt mentioned, maybe the dose they take in ends up being much larger than if you applied 7% (or whatever Breezula is) to just your scalp, in which case maybe your metabolization explanation could stand.

14. -G-

-G- Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen

Do think we have been put on the back burner because our industry is based on these snake oils? That's our industry. It doesn't make sense to put more effort when we line up like horn dogs.

If this happened to girls more often maybe we would have actual change.

But hey it's men, they are used to it, they don't matter.

15. SomeoneHasToSayIt

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I haven't mathed it out, but I'm quite certain that the protocol used in the study leads to significantly more systemic exposure than would 1 ml of even a far higher concentration solution to the scalp (the scalp is much less permeable than the face, and the surface area of the application would be much lower ofc).

Even so, I'm confused by the study's conclusion. This is essentially the therapy that passed phase III trials. It's not some outlandish protocol; it's the approved 1% cream on a few acne-prone areas of the body. Here are some excerpts from the discussion section:

It's as if I have this backwards. How do these conclusions follow from what we saw?

16. Jim lahey

Jim lahey Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    How is that shady? That's literally how they figure out if a drug works or not.

17. pegasus2

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    The shady part is that right together they used the TAHC compared to baseline for one time period, and then the TAHC compared to placebo for the other time period instead of using the same metric for both time periods. Whatever makes the drug's effect look bigger.

Timpson12 and byebyehair like this.
  18. tomJ

tomJ Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Anyone on here try or are currently using CB? If so, where did you buy and what has been your experience this far?
    Thanks!

19. NotInmywatch

NotInmywatch Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I was on CB 18 months, I bought in on wuhan pharm
    I dont know if they still exist
    It slows down the fall but it does not stabilize it
    then I mixed it with finasteride. Still was losing hair.
    horrible side effects started as usual BUT this time
    I counter attacked with everything I could
    iron supplements, vit D, zinc, b12 , 5g garlic, 80g broccoli
    I also noticed something.
    Very thin long long hairs. that is NOT androgenetic alopecia.
    that is malnutrition. pure and simple.
    with all that supplementation the hair recovered full thickness
    there seems to be a very strong relationship between
    iron pills and erection quality. Its not very well documented
    but the regimen was able to reverse the finasteride side effects.
    penis girth is also recovering to normal. body hair is growing too.
    pubic hair was very thin. that is recovering as well.
    constant shedding has stopped as well. 2, 3, 4 hairs when I wash my head.
    I ditched the cb forever.

20. bucksins6x

bucksins6x Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Did you get sides from cb or finasteride?

tomJ likes this.