So, I Have Just Popped My First Loniten Pill

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Gyno is the side effect of estrogen that you're gonna feel short term. But the one you won't is far worse.
E2 took half an inch off my dick and ruined my penis sensitivity. I'm about at the point where I want to apply topical DHT gel in the hopes of bringing it back to normal. I didn't think I was doing any damage because I didn't feel anything down there. But stay on Estrogen (even low dose) for many months, and the damage accumulates.

Finasteride started the gyno (and probably didn't do my dick any favors either), but then due to the sides and having lost a lot of hair I went on RU and topical E2. I didn't have very many apparent sides, but over time, things down there just aren't what they used to be....

Be careful.

my god dude, Im sorry to hear that! I heard it shrinks if you don't use it enough while on thiskind of regimen and that T/Dht causes spontaneous erections like morning wood in order to prevent penis atrophy if you don't decide to use it.
so far, my dick is the same size and sex feels amazing! but I will keep a close eye on it and stop if anything like that happens.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
my god dude, Im sorry to hear that! I heard it shrinks if you don't use it enough while on thiskind of regimen and that T/Dht causes spontaneous erections like morning wood in order to prevent penis atrophy if you don't decide to use it.
so far, my dick is the same size and sex feels amazing! but I will keep a close eye on it and stop if anything like that happens.

That's one of the problems. When I got on Alpicort (estradiolbenzoate), my urge to jerk off was once every 4-5 days as compared to 2-3x daily. So, you won't feel like using it that often at all, and when you do, it will just be very numb and unsatisfactory. At least, that's what happened to me. I'm glad things are still working for you, I don't have a very high tolerance for f*****g around with my hormones it seems.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's one of the problems. When I got on Alpicort (estradiolbenzoate), my urge to jerk off was once every 4-5 days as compared to 2-3x daily. So, you won't feel like using it that often at all, and when you do, it will just be very numb and unsatisfactory. At least, that's what happened to me. I'm glad things are still working for you, I don't have a very high tolerance for f*****g around with my hormones it seems.
I think maybe living with my girlfriend is what has kept me functional or i am just very lucky

Mab

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im married too. I use it like every 3 days and haven't lost size. Also dick sensation may have gone down, but when I orgasm it is full body now and lasts like 20-30 seconds and I feel like my soul left my body after. No gak though

Jesse Navarro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey bridgeburn, one of the things that worries me the most is if I develop gynecomastia, what should I say to my girlfriend. did you talk freely with your girl when you started?

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey bridgeburn, one of the things that worries me the most is if I develop gynecomastia, what should I say to my girlfriend. did you talk freely with your girl when you started?
lol, yep. you have to tell her or she's going to notice eventually. have a talk about how important having hair is on your head, that you don't want to feel like an old man and need to destroy male hormones before they destroy you. she'll probably be angry if you wait months before saying anything and then get surprised by gyno so beggining is the best.

Jesse Navarro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
lol, yep. you have to tell her or she's going to notice eventually. have a talk about how important having hair is on your head, that you don't want to feel like an old man and need to destroy male hormones before they destroy you. she'll probably be angry if you wait months before saying anything and then get surprised by gyno so beggining is the best.

Thank you, man, really. I'll talk to her, it's difficult but necessary.

koolaidshade

Reaction score
OP, I've heard other people have called their local hair transplant docs to see if they can get oral minoxidil prescribed to them. of course, you'll have to pay a consultation/visit fee, but at least you'll be able to get ur prescription and go to a local pharmacy soon afterwards for the minoxidil. And of course i do not condone the use of any drugs, including minoxidil/finasteride

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
My dermatologist prescribed me 2.5mg minoxidil pills cut into forths. Is that really do anything at all? Topical minoxidil has done literally nothing for me. He said higher dosages aren't safe because the stuff is pretty toxic to your health over time and can cause heart issues. Is there really even a point in taking .625mg daily?

1knox1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My dermatologist prescribed me 2.5mg minoxidil pills cut into forths. Is that really do anything at all? Topical minoxidil has done literally nothing for me. He said higher dosages aren't safe because the stuff is pretty toxic to your health over time and can cause heart issues. Is there really even a point in taking .625mg daily?

This seems to be the going dose in the U.K atm too. Some info on 1mg a day; see Swoop's post with presentation:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/minoxidil-tablets-vs-topical-application.104477/

1knox1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
5mg seems to stem from Dr Pathomvanich's talks. Anecdotal but this guy claims to have lowered his finasteride usage because it worked so well for him;

https://www.reddit.com/r/tressless/comments/3udt0j/oral_minoxidil_pills/.

I think western practitioners have been pretty against oral minoxidil until very, very recently, so perhaps that's why they prefer to give the lower doses. Let's not forget, it's been touted as the devil's drug many a time on these forums. Like anything, people need to be speaking to their docs/derms about this stuff.

anon082

My Regimen
Reaction score
to the people who use loniten here , after how much time did you start noticing extra hair growth at other parts of your body as it's described for oral minoxidil?
i'm a bit over a month of using loniten (and dropping topical minoxidil) and my hair keeps getting worse , add that to the fact that i feel absolutely no difference in body hair anywhere it makes me wonder if it's because only a month has past or something is wrong ..

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
to the people who use loniten here , after how much time did you start noticing extra hair growth at other parts of your body as it's described for oral minoxidil?
i'm a bit over a month of using loniten (and dropping topical minoxidil) and my hair keeps getting worse , add that to the fact that i feel absolutely no difference in body hair anywhere it makes me wonder if it's because only a month has past or something is wrong ..
My hair was pretty bad a month in, things got better by month 2 and that's when I noticed my body hair grow extra long and dark. Dropping topical minoxidil for oral is not a good idea, you will shed BAD. We all know the saying '' Once you start you can't stop'' is a saying for a reason. You will have to keep using the topical minoxidil, when you started it you made a life time commitment.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was on topical then used oral minoxidil and topical on alternating days until i ran out of topical and then oral everyday

anon082

My Regimen
Reaction score
My hair was pretty bad a month in, things got better by month 2 and that's when I noticed my body hair grow extra long and dark. Dropping topical minoxidil for oral is not a good idea, you will shed BAD. We all know the saying '' Once you start you can't stop'' is a saying for a reason. You will have to keep using the topical minoxidil, when you started it you made a life time commitment.
I was pretty much under the impression that if you switch to oral minoxidil as it's much more potent dropping the topical should be fine , also part of the reason i started oral minoxidil is for the purpose of dropping the topical.
if it's true that the topical is still needed while using oral (and i'm using 5-7.5mg a day, which should be more than 1mlx2times a day) please elaborate on why as i'm seriously confused.

tomcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
guys im about to use loniten can u guys help me with what dose should i start and how avoid weight gain or other side effects ?? and currently im on topical minoxidil should i stop topical min after using oral ??

AllerganSaveUs

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
guys im about to use loniten can u guys help me with what dose should i start and how avoid weight gain or other side effects ?? and currently im on topical minoxidil should i stop topical min after using oral ??
Drink water and caffeine while taking the Minoxidil, because water will prevent your body from wanting to retain water and help keep blood pressure normal and caffeine causes a spike in blood pressure so it will prevent Minoxidil from lowering it too much. I am currently on 1.25mg a day and have no side effects at all. .25mg is effective according to Dr.Sinclair. 1mg was the dose commonly used by Dr.Sinclair that he said worked well and caused some people to go from non-hair transplant candidates to candidates. Don't go higher than 10mg. So anywhere between .25-10mg. Oh and also I have had my blood pressure checked twice since I started they said it was 100% normal I think 110/70 or/and 120/70.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
How many of you split your doses into morning and evening? I’m just wondering if this works better overall given that the “follicle stimulating” half life is 4.5-5 hours (although as an anti hypertensive it’s 24hrs).