So, I Have Just Popped My First Loniten Pill

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
should i quit liquid minoxidil after using oral minoxidil ??
I would stay on both. Sometimes the topical can be a convenient vehicle for topicals, so if you decide to try say RU or something else ethanol/pg soluble, you don’t have to buy anything extra.

tomcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would stay on both. Sometimes the topical can be a convenient vehicle for topicals, so if you decide to try say RU or something else ethanol/pg soluble, you don’t have to buy anything extra.
did u notice extra shed after using oral ?? or weight gain or other sides ?

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
did u notice extra shed after using oral ?? or weight gain or other sides ?
I started them both around the same time so it’s hard to tell, but I got a huge initial shed with them both.
I didn’t get any swelling at the time because I wasn also on 200mg spironolactone. I did get swelling when I stopped spironolactone, and every time I have increased my dose. I can’t really go above
3mg, but some people are fine.

AllerganSaveUs

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started them both around the same time so it’s hard to tell, but I got a huge initial shed with them both.
I didn’t get any swelling at the time because I wasn also on 200mg spironolactone. I did get swelling when I stopped spironolactone, and every time I have increased my dose. I can’t really go above
3mg, but some people are fine.
Aren't you a women? Women seem to have a worst side effect profile than men when using Minoxidil.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Aren't you a women? Women seem to have a worst side effect profile than men when using Minoxidil.
I am yes. Do we? I haven’t spoken to a whole lot of other women who use it to be honest, although I’m guessing the @Pasbrillantebrunette @EvilLocks haven’t had much luck given their presence on the forum.
It works partially for me, but in the most frustrating, soul-crushing way I could think of, which is regrowth for 3 months, then months and months without any sort of growth at all. Lucky me.

AllerganSaveUs

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am yes. Do we? I haven’t spoken to a whole lot of other women who use it to be honest, although I’m guessing the @Pasbrillantebrunette @EvilLocks haven’t had much luck given their presence on the forum.
It works partially for me, but in the most frustrating, soul-crushing way I could think of, which is regrowth for 3 months, then months and months without any sort of growth at all. Lucky me.
I meant to write worse not worst. Dr.Sinclair reported none of his male patients had water retention but some of his female patients did. I assume that is what your "swelling" is.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
I’m guessing the @Pasbrillantebrunette @EvilLocks haven’t had much luck given their presence on the forum.
No luck obviously, but I didn't have any side effects either. Right now I'm trying a natural ''regimen'' (lol desperate, lol delusional) - multi hair vitamins, Nioxin shampoo, a topical serum and an eyelash serum on my temples (did I say desperate? and lol?)
I'm not expecting miracles to say the least, if I grow one new hair that wasn't there before I'll call it a success.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
No luck obviously, but I didn't have any side effects either. Right now I'm trying a natural ''regimen'' (lol desperate, lol delusional) - multi hair vitamins, Nioxin shampoo, a topical serum and an eyelash serum on my temples (did I say desperate? and lol?)
I'm not expecting miracles to say the least, if I grow one new hair that wasn't there before I'll call it a success.
I do the eyelash serum thing on my hairline and tonsure too haha. I understand desperate all too well.

Have you considered oral minoxidil?

EvilLocks

Reaction score
I do the eyelash serum thing on my hairline and tonsure too haha. I understand desperate all too well.

Have you considered oral minoxidil?
Lmao that is too funny! What don't we do in a desperate situation is the question! xD
Not really, I mean I have thought of it but because of some health issues I've had and my hypochondria I am very scared to put anything into my system.. I'm fine with vitamins but any medication makes me a bit scared. Before I had no problems taking both spironolactone, finasteride, bcp and I was well on my way to order dutasteride but some health issues I had in early 2017 scared me.

Ziggyz123

Established Member
Reaction score
ok guys, so who is actually getting results on oral minoxidil. when did your shed end? any effect near hairline or did you still recede/ keep receding? what dose. where did you buy it and how long have you been on it? Lets just get down to the response here and get people on or off minoxidil. pics would help! haha

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
ok guys, so who is actually getting results on oral minoxidil. when did your shed end? any effect near hairline or did you still recede/ keep receding? what dose. where did you buy it and how long have you been on it? Lets just get down to the response here and get people on or off minoxidil. pics would help! haha
Got a massive shed after 3 weeks or so which lasted maybe a month. Regrew my hairline.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Regrew your hairline? That’s exciting haha. No pictures though? And where did you get your minoxidil and at what dosage?
I got it from my dermatologist. He straight up gave it to me, I didn’t even know that you could take it orally for hairloss before that. He put me on 2mg which I stayed on until recently. I’m taking 3.5-4mg now.

I don’t have many photos because all the pictures I have of my hair before treatment died with my laptop. I only have pics from more recent years.