So, I Have Just Popped My First Loniten Pill | Page 8 | HairLossTalk Forums

So, I Have Just Popped My First Loniten Pill

Discussion in 'Growth Stimulants - Rogaine, Minoxidil, Tricomin,' started by AnxiousAndy, Aug 15, 2017.

1. 1knox1

1knox1 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    5mg seems to stem from Dr Pathomvanich's talks. Anecdotal but this guy claims to have lowered his finasteride usage because it worked so well for him;

https://www.reddit.com/r/tressless/comments/3udt0j/oral_minoxidil_pills/.

I think western practitioners have been pretty against oral minoxidil until very, very recently, so perhaps that's why they prefer to give the lower doses. Let's not forget, it's been touted as the devil's drug many a time on these forums. Like anything, people need to be speaking to their docs/derms about this stuff.

2. anon082

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    to the people who use loniten here , after how much time did you start noticing extra hair growth at other parts of your body as it's described for oral minoxidil?
    i'm a bit over a month of using loniten (and dropping topical minoxidil) and my hair keeps getting worse , add that to the fact that i feel absolutely no difference in body hair anywhere it makes me wonder if it's because only a month has past or something is wrong ..

3. Pigeon

Pigeon Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    A month is nothing. Make your conclusions after 6 months.

4. AnxiousAndy

AnxiousAndy Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    My hair was pretty bad a month in, things got better by month 2 and that's when I noticed my body hair grow extra long and dark. Dropping topical minoxidil for oral is not a good idea, you will shed BAD. We all know the saying '' Once you start you can't stop'' is a saying for a reason. You will have to keep using the topical minoxidil, when you started it you made a life time commitment.

5. bridgeburn

bridgeburn Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I was on topical then used oral minoxidil and topical on alternating days until i ran out of topical and then oral everyday

6. anon082

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I was pretty much under the impression that if you switch to oral minoxidil as it's much more potent dropping the topical should be fine , also part of the reason i started oral minoxidil is for the purpose of dropping the topical.
    if it's true that the topical is still needed while using oral (and i'm using 5-7.5mg a day, which should be more than 1mlx2times a day) please elaborate on why as i'm seriously confused.

7. tomcat

tomcat Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    guys im about to use loniten can u guys help me with what dose should i start and how avoid weight gain or other side effects ?? and currently im on topical minoxidil should i stop topical min after using oral ??

8. AllerganSaveUs

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Drink water and caffeine while taking the Minoxidil, because water will prevent your body from wanting to retain water and help keep blood pressure normal and caffeine causes a spike in blood pressure so it will prevent Minoxidil from lowering it too much. I am currently on 1.25mg a day and have no side effects at all. .25mg is effective according to Dr.Sinclair. 1mg was the dose commonly used by Dr.Sinclair that he said worked well and caused some people to go from non-hair transplant candidates to candidates. Don't go higher than 10mg. So anywhere between .25-10mg. Oh and also I have had my blood pressure checked twice since I started they said it was 100% normal I think 110/70 or/and 120/70.

tomcat likes this.
  9. Georgie

Georgie Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    How many of you split your doses into morning and evening? I’m just wondering if this works better overall given that the “follicle stimulating” half life is 4.5-5 hours (although as an anti hypertensive it’s 24hrs).

10. tomcat

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    should i quit liquid minoxidil after using oral minoxidil ??

11. Georgie

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I would stay on both. Sometimes the topical can be a convenient vehicle for topicals, so if you decide to try say RU or something else ethanol/pg soluble, you don’t have to buy anything extra.

tomcat likes this.
  12. tomcat

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    did u notice extra shed after using oral ?? or weight gain or other sides ?

13. Georgie

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I started them both around the same time so it’s hard to tell, but I got a huge initial shed with them both.
    I didn’t get any swelling at the time because I wasn also on 200mg spironolactone. I did get swelling when I stopped spironolactone, and every time I have increased my dose. I can’t really go above
    3mg, but some people are fine.

tomcat likes this.
  14. AllerganSaveUs

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Aren't you a women? Women seem to have a worst side effect profile than men when using Minoxidil.

15. Georgie

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I am yes. Do we? I haven’t spoken to a whole lot of other women who use it to be honest, although I’m guessing the @Pasbrillantebrunette @EvilLocks haven’t had much luck given their presence on the forum.
    It works partially for me, but in the most frustrating, soul-crushing way I could think of, which is regrowth for 3 months, then months and months without any sort of growth at all. Lucky me.

16. AllerganSaveUs

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I meant to write worse not worst. Dr.Sinclair reported none of his male patients had water retention but some of his female patients did. I assume that is what your "swelling" is.

17. EvilLocks

EvilLocks Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    No luck obviously, but I didn't have any side effects either. Right now I'm trying a natural ''regimen'' (lol desperate, lol delusional) - multi hair vitamins, Nioxin shampoo, a topical serum and an eyelash serum on my temples (did I say desperate? and lol?)
    I'm not expecting miracles to say the least, if I grow one new hair that wasn't there before I'll call it a success.

18. Georgie

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I do the eyelash serum thing on my hairline and tonsure too haha. I understand desperate all too well.

Have you considered oral minoxidil?

EvilLocks likes this.
  19. EvilLocks

EvilLocks Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Lmao that is too funny! What don't we do in a desperate situation is the question! xD
    Not really, I mean I have thought of it but because of some health issues I've had and my hypochondria I am very scared to put anything into my system.. I'm fine with vitamins but any medication makes me a bit scared. Before I had no problems taking both spironolactone, finasteride, bcp and I was well on my way to order dutasteride but some health issues I had in early 2017 scared me.

20. Pasbrillantebrunette

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Minoxidil works good with me, but since I stopped CPA it works less... nothing to stop the DHT!
    But it can help de-miniaturize hair. Works best with progesterone on it.

Georgie likes this.