So, I Have Just Popped My First Loniten Pill

PK26

My Regimen
Reaction score
Any sign of heart palps or dizziness yet? I am taking a break from minoxidil and reevaluating my usage of it, as I believe it was giving me heart sides. I was using topical, but I was piling the sh*t on my head in excess amounts every day.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Any sign of heart palps or dizziness yet? I am taking a break from minoxidil and reevaluating my usage of it, as I believe it was giving me heart sides. I was using topical, but I was piling the sh*t on my head in excess amounts every day.
When I increased to 5mg from 2mg then 3mg I got bad facial and body bloating plus chest pain and trouble breathing upon exertion.

Alex Contee

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started Loniten last week at 2.5mg a day. I noticed that it immediately raised my heart rate and pretty much put me on edge. I went from 64 BPM to 120 in about an hour while sitting at a desk.

I decided to give it some more time to adjust and it slowly got better. Earlier this week I decided to cut the 2.5mgs in half and take it twice a day 12 hours apart after reading that some doctors prescribe a lower dose to be taken twice a day. Since I made the change I have had no side effects. I am also taking dandelion root for a diuretic.

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've always said i'd give Loniten a try but never did. I hope I remember to purchase them tomorrow.

Alex Contee

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started Loniten last week at 2.5mg a day. I noticed that it immediately raised my heart rate and pretty much put me on edge. I went from 64 BPM to 120 in about an hour while sitting at a desk.

I decided to give it some more time to adjust and it slowly got better. Earlier this week I decided to cut the 2.5mgs in half and take it twice a day 12 hours apart after reading that some doctors prescribe a lower dose to be taken twice a day. Since I made the change I have had no side effects. I am also taking dandelion root for a diuretic.
Update- I ended up decreasing my dose to 2.5mg the day after my last update. I am a little more than a month in and I am currently having the worst shed of my life. I have been fighting hair loss for 15+ years and have gone through finasteride, dutasteride, and minoxidil sheds before. However, this is crazy.

Looking back on forums, a heavy shed from loniten after 1 month is fairly common. I thought I wouldn't be hit as hard because I was already on topical minoxidil and I am taking a fairly low dose. I am also still being hit by blood pressure and collagen related side effects. Going to continue use for now but I heavily caution people thinking about trying this.

Last edited:

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been taking 10mg Loniten every day for 5 days.

Nothing to report so far other than a decrease in hair shedding, which was pretty bad, and it was noticeable when it slowed down because it was that bad to begin with.

Little vellus hairs growing on previously bald forehead under hairline is unclear if it's from Loniten 10mg or topical RU which I started a week before Loniten. I also started topical spironolactone and 1mg pill finasteride on the same day as RU. Will be buying 1 year supply of 0.5 mg duta in the coming weeks to use every day.

I also use minoxidil 5% but i've been using that for a while, although not consistently, and i'd go for a whole week with applying it only 2-3 times once a day, versus now i'm applying it everyday after coming from work and showering, on my days off I apply minoxidil twice a day. I also dermaroll my head until it's pink with a 0.25mm dermaroller.

I took baseline pics of my hairline and vertex area. It would be interesting to see if my vertex area fills up with hair, it looks pretty bad now but i'm optimistic. The hairline and temples are bad too but that's naturally hard to bring back, that will take a lot of time if it does work.

Thought about adding estradiol gel on hairline, gauging on here seeing who uses it, and it appears that only men trying to be women use it, so i'll stay away from it.

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update- I ended up decreasing my dose to 2.5mg the day after my last update. I am a little more than a month in and I am currently having the worst shed of my life. I have been fighting hair loss for 15+ years and have gone through finasteride, dutasteride, and minoxidil sheds before. However, this is crazy.

Looking back on forums, a heavy shed from loniten after 1 month is fairly common. I thought I wouldn't be hit as hard because I was already on topical minoxidil and I am taking a fairly low dose. I am also still being hit by blood pressure and collagen related side effects. Going to continue use for now but I heavily caution people thinking about trying this.

Idk what my blood pressure is but I will drop from 10mg to 5mg tomorrow, and then eventually lower to 2.5mg. Just wanted to see what 10mg everyday could do in a few weeks of use, but you're right it's probably too dangerous. Although, why is it even prescribed and FDA approved if it's so dangerous? Or should I use something else with it to counter the negative side effects? I look fairly young, i'm 29, but people think i'm 20 or so, so I would def notice any collagen/aging effects if they happen in the coming months.

Alex Contee

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Idk what my blood pressure is but I will drop from 10mg to 5mg tomorrow, and then eventually lower to 2.5mg. Just wanted to see what 10mg everyday could do in a few weeks of use, but you're right it's probably too dangerous. Although, why is it even prescribed and FDA approved if it's so dangerous? Or should I use something else with it to counter the negative side effects? I look fairly young, i'm 29, but people think i'm 20 or so, so I would def notice any collagen/aging effects if they happen in the coming months.
I could just be sensitive to it. Perhaps you don't run into issues at 10mg. I am thinking about getting a home blood pressure kit so I can monitor. You can potentially counter the water retention with a diuretic and the blood pressure/heart beat stuff with a beta blocker. However, I took a beta blocker years ago for anxiety and it made me shed like crazy. I don't think there is anything you can do about the collagen but I am still researching. In the article, “Minoxidil: mechanisms of action on hair growth,” published in the British Journal of Dermatology 2004, it reveals that minoxidil decreased the expression of lysine hydroxylase in collagen production. Additionally, it also suppressed collagen synthesis by rat vibrissae dermal papilla cells, both in monolayer cultures and in cells grown in collagen gels.

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I could just be sensitive to it. Perhaps you don't run into issues at 10mg. I am thinking about getting a home blood pressure kit so I can monitor. You can potentially counter the water retention with a diuretic and the blood pressure/heart beat stuff with a beta blocker. However, I took a beta blocker years ago for anxiety and it made me shed like crazy. I don't think there is anything you can do about the collagen but I am still researching. In the article, “Minoxidil: mechanisms of action on hair growth,” published in the British Journal of Dermatology 2004, it reveals that minoxidil decreased the expression of lysine hydroxylase in collagen production. Additionally, it also suppressed collagen synthesis by rat vibrissae dermal papilla cells, both in monolayer cultures and in cells grown in collagen gels.

Which diuretic and beta blocker would you recommend in particular?

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well it's official, I know it's the loniten now. 10-15 mins after popping a 10mg loniten tablet I get real drowsy. It's very noticeable, eyes get so heavy, I have to go to sleep, I can't really fight it for too long, and I've always somewhat have trouble sleeping usually. This is weird, don't people say it keeps them awake because it raises their heart rate or something? It makes me sleepy. I'm damn sure I don't get tired at 12AM, I usually go to sleep around 3-4AM everyday (afternoon shift :D ).

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well it's official, I know it's the loniten now. 10-15 mins after popping a 10mg loniten tablet I get real drowsy. It's very noticeable, eyes get so heavy, I have to go to sleep, I can't really fight it for too long, and I've always somewhat have trouble sleeping usually. This is weird, don't people say it keeps them awake because it raises their heart rate or something? It makes me sleepy. I'm damn sure I don't get tired at 12AM, I usually go to sleep around 3-4AM everyday (afternoon shift :D ).
well, it is a blood pressure medicine, it lowers blood pressure so that's probably why it makes you sleepy

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
well, it is a blood pressure medicine, it lowers blood pressure so that's probably why it makes you sleepy

That's funny because my blood pressure was too high last time I checked 2 months ago. Maybe Loniten brings it down to normal.

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score

If this is the only side effect you can take it first to go sleep ?

Did you notice any others sides like puffy/bloated face , dark cyrcles or eyes bags ?
Gl bro

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If this is the only side effect you can take it first to go sleep ?

Did you notice any others sides like puffy/bloated face , dark cyrcles or eyes bags ?
Gl bro

I'm pretty sure if i'm going to get sides they're coming soon. I haven't been taking them for long enough to asses anything at all. That post I made, I had just realized that it was the loniten making me drowsy because I hadn't taken/applied anything else. I'm sure i'll get dark circles, I know on minoxidil 2ML a day (Edit: 2ML 2x a day = 4ML) I get dark circles after months of use, and then the dark circles go away when I lower minoxidil usage.

Last edited:

KSA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Oh my goodness - me too! I'm on 5mg now and having the worst shed of my life almost a month and a half into this. Just like you wrote about! I wish that I read this before. Did it ever subside for you? Did you stick to oral minoxidil? Thank you so much!!

KSA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was on topical then used oral minoxidil and topical on alternating days until i ran out of topical and then oral everyday
Hi b, I know you said orals stronger but what to make of all the folk who said they only lost their OG gains
I'm pretty sure if i'm going to get sides they're coming soon. I haven't been taking them for long enough to asses anything at all. That post I made, I had just realized that it was the loniten making me drowsy because I hadn't taken/applied anything else. I'm sure i'll get dark circles, I know on minoxidil 2ML a day (Edit: 2ML 2x a day = 4ML) I get dark circles after months of use, and then the dark circles go away when I lower minoxidil usage.

Hi! Are you still taking Loniten? Would you recommend it?

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi b, I know you said orals stronger but what to make of all the folk who said they only lost their OG gains
what are OG gains? original?

maybe that cause the half life of oral is very short need to take it twice a day.

that minoxidil alone regardless of form doesnt stop the balding process.

or that oral is Too strong. when I used oral everyday, my hair was getting unnaturaly dense so i was worried about syncronized sheds. I take only once every other day now.

Reactions: KSA

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score