KielMcK's Story - (Big 3 and liquid spironolactone 2%, age 24)

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: KielMcK's Story Big 3 and liquid spironolactone 2% (Pics Nov. 4th)

I don't think spironolactone has ever given me any shed at all. I think the affects one would achieve form spironolactone are really slow.

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score

well, hopefully its worth it. I just ordered Dr. Lees 2% based off of everything i read it seems to be the easiest to apply and more effective if i leave on for a shorter amt of time. Hopefully it doesnt stink though. Thanks for the info.

evildude

Established Member
Reaction score

i recommend the 5% cream at night. to make sure there really was no smell the next day, i first applied some to my arm before i went to bed. the following morning, i showered and the smell was all gone when i got out of the shower. according to dr.lee, the cream works as long as it "sits" on your skin. when you wash it off, it really is gone. smell and everything.

not to mention, the smell is hardly noticeably. i have a decent sense of smell and i can only notice it if i literally stick my nose on to my arm(when applied there). so relax and just give it a go.

TheDude

Reaction score

Wow, great thread, and good work, Kiel!

Basically the only issue so far is some diffuse thining at my temples. I also have a pretty nice widows peak which doesn't make my hairline look any better. I'm probably a Norwood 1.5 on my right side, and very close to a NW2 on my left. My thicker side is my ride. I've been on Finpecia for close to 10 months and I can't say I've seen any results either way. I'm 25 and my hair has receeded a tad since starting finasteride. I guess this really inspires me to start working on my temples to strengthen what's still there.

Thanks for all the info, Kiel!

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Kiel how long do you wait to apply minoxidil after applying spironolactone to help avoid the smell?

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score

I apply the two together and have hardly noticed any smell at all. I sleep next to my girlfriend everynight and she has never noticed any smell at all either. I'm not sure why so many people claim that the stuff smell so bad??

You'll probally notice that when using spironolactone the spots that are baling that feel tight and irritated start to feel normal again. It really has gotten rid of any redness or soreness ont he scalp that I had before.

ps1freak

Established Member
Reaction score

so how is everything now? you feel likwe u are maintaining?

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Yeah I honestly do feel like I'm maintaining really well. My hair was falling out when I was 21 years old sooo fast... like people always commented on my crown because you could cleary see there was hair missing... I haven't heard anyone comment in years about my crown and when I take pics or look in the mirror there is no thin spot there anymore. As for my temples and forelock is goes up and down sometimes it sheds real bad and I think its the end and then it starts going in like crazy... so I do believe its stabelizing.

slowburn

Established Member
Reaction score

KielMcK said:
Yeah I honestly do feel like I'm maintaining really well. My hair was falling out when I was 21 years old sooo fast... like people always commented on my crown because you could cleary see there was hair missing... I haven't heard anyone comment in years about my crown and when I take pics or look in the mirror there is no thin spot there anymore. As for my temples and forelock is goes up and down sometimes it sheds real bad and I think its the end and then it starts going in like crazy... so I do believe its stabelizing.
You have the hair I had from age 18 - 23, now I hate you... :jackit:

Just a little. :gay:

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score

:gay2: :gay: you effin brat!

How old are you now?

RaginDemon

Reaction score

your hair is very good Kiel, nobody will think you have any hair problems.

slowburn

Established Member
Reaction score

KielMcK said:
:gay2: :gay: you effin brat!

How old are you now?
28...sad...I know... :jackit: :sobbing:

RaginDemon

Reaction score

28 aint that old

slowburn

Established Member
Reaction score

RaginDemon said:
28 aint that old
It is when you're hair makes you look 48. :jackit: :sobbing:
Ok maybe not 48, closer to 38 or 40. :gay:

RaginDemon

Reaction score

slowburn said:
RaginDemon said:
28 aint that old

is your hair really that bad?

slowburn

Established Member
Reaction score

RaginDemon said:
slowburn said:
RaginDemon said:
28 aint that old

is your hair really that bad?
From my perspective it is. Receding temples, diffuse thinning in the crown, a bald spot forming at the back. My hair sort of looks patchy. Combine that with having a baby face and being fat, and you get a 28 year old looking like he is close to collecting a pension... :jackit:

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Lose weight!!! I started gettin some weight this time last year so I went on a strict diet and lost it all in about 3 months. Girls still think I'm 17-18. not that that is good... I'd rather look a little more manly.... but I take what I can get.

I'm religious with my regime... I never miss a dose... never miss rogaine... never forget my pill... always apply spironolactone and the results reflect this.

RaginDemon

Reaction score

KielMcK said:
Lose weight!!! I started gettin some weight this time last year so I went on a strict diet and lost it all in about 3 months. Girls still think I'm 17-18. not that that is good... I'd rather look a little more manly.... but I take what I can get.

I'm religious with my regime... I never miss a dose... never miss rogaine... never forget my pill... always apply spironolactone and the results reflect this.

well your hair wasn't bad to start with and your body responds well to the drugs, its not the same for everyone however.

suicidedude

Established Member
Reaction score

Do you use any thickening shampoo?

And you said you wash your hair before you go out. So how long do you wait after applying Rogaine, then wash your hair?

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score

I usually set my alarm clock for 6:30am and wake up apply spironolactone and rogaine then go back to bed wake up at 10:30 and take a shower and get ready for the day. Then I apply spironolactone and rogaine whenver I get in and go to bed.

I only use Nizoral for shampoo every other day. I used to use Tricomin but do not feel it helped my hair at all.