KielMcK's Story - (Big 3 and liquid spironolactone 2%, age 24)

djthomas85

Reaction score
hahaha yes very true!
i do use hair straighteners aswell but only for the front of my hair, which is thickest part!!!!!! cos my hair thankfully is straight anyway!

RaginDemon

Reaction score
djthomas85 said:
hahaha yes very true!
i do use hair straighteners aswell but only for the front of my hair, which is thickest part!!!!!! cos my hair thankfully is straight anyway!

I'd like my hair at the front to thick up a little.

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: KielMcK's story - New pics Oct. 16th Success

i really did not wanna post this pic because i find it embarrassing that my hair was at this state this summer but here it is. I'm doing this as a sacrafice in hopes that more guys stick it through the bad times. I started the rogaine foam on June 24th 2007. My temples got destroyed and only till this last month have I been seeing a regrowth everywhere. It is an amazing feeling and I assure you people treat you differently.

hairchange.jpg

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: KielMcK's story - Updated pics Oct16th Success temples pg 7

I've also been doing alot of scalp exercises the past few months as well.

djthomas85

Reaction score

i thought u used spironolactone on your temples?
whats ur regime for your temples exactly, cos your temples do look very much improved!

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score

temples are spironolactone cream 5% and rogaine foam.

RaginDemon

Reaction score

huge improvement

I thought u were NW1 all the time, I didn't know your temples receeded.

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score

they were receding a bit in may and june so I got back on minoxidil and the shed was pretty bad but it came back really well

djthomas85

Reaction score

so how do u use them together? whats your schedule?

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Nice one man, congrats.

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score

I apply the foam at like 11:00 am or whenever I wake up and apply the spironolactone like a few minutes later after i shave and brush my teeth. Then whenever I go to bed (ussually around 2-3:00) I do the same thing. Also when I take a shower I leave nizoral i my hair for like 15 mins

RaginDemon

Reaction score

maybe i should give spironolactone cream a shot.

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score

honestly if you're not seeing much improvement you could always use spironolactone. but I'm not sure how much of my success has come from spironolactone. I think the foam is what has really helped me. I apply most of it to my temples and hairline

RaginDemon

Reaction score

my hairline is not that bad, mid frontal section is where i need help the most!

suicidedude

Established Member
Reaction score

Hi Kiel

How do you apply the foam effectively and make sure it goes to the scalp? Because I can see that you have quite long and thick hair.

Care to share?

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score

i squirt a small amount on my finger tips and ussually lean over so my hair is upside down sorta and apply it with my fingertips to my hairline and temples and the slowly spread it to the back and then stand up straight and keep rubbing it in for 30 secs. Sometimes it does get on the hair because it is so long... it makes it look dry. I ussually wash out the rogaine before i go out.

RaginDemon

Reaction score

strong hairline and good temples... I hope my hair can respond to treatment as good too

hope it gets better and better Kiel!

suicidedude

Established Member
Reaction score

KielMcK said:
i squirt a small amount on my finger tips and ussually lean over so my hair is upside down sorta and apply it with my fingertips to my hairline and temples and the slowly spread it to the back and then stand up straight and keep rubbing it in for 30 secs. Sometimes it does get on the hair because it is so long... it makes it look dry. I ussually wash out the rogaine before i go out.

I see, I normally let it melt in the cap and use a dropper to apply it on my scalp, hopefully it absorbs better.

Btw, what do you use to style your hair? I used to shampoo and blow my hair dry using hairdryer to create more volume then I will use clay and hairspray to finish. I shed a lot during the period when I used them heavily.

I don't know if they contributed to my massive shed over the last few months.

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score

I blow dry my hair when I come out of the shower because otherwise my hair is a big puff. Besides that I do nothing. My hair just sorta stays in place without any product.