KielMcK's Story - (Big 3 and liquid spironolactone 2%, age 24)

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
KielMcK said:
[...]when I first noticed hairloss at my crown and the part of my hair... it looked like straw at the time... lifeless and dead. It was getting harder to style and I had trouble growing it long because it looked patchy.

hey, this is what happened to mine. the hair on top kinda went all "straw"-like and just generally nasty even though there was a lot of thick terminal hair there. So has the texture of your hair improved from this? Or does it still feel that way?

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Wherever the straw starts I've noticed is where it begins to thin. When I go under that laser light thing I go for 2 days a week and sit under it for a half an hour. My hair gets noticeably darker and shinier in about 2 weeks time. It almost seems like it conditions it. Perhaps its some sorta of cell manipulation?? Reguardless I've gone back using it on and off for about 3 years now and everytime I go back it makes my hairs condition appear thicker and shinier but the results go away a few weeks after stopping. A hair only grows like a centimeter a month or something miniscule like that so I cannot say that this laser grows anymore of my hair that was lost but as far as a cosmetic approach it def makes your hair look bangin

jedimindtricks

Established Member
Reaction score
KielMcK said:
Wherever the straw starts I've noticed is where it begins to thin. When I go under that laser light thing I go for 2 days a week and sit under it for a half an hour. My hair gets noticeably darker and shinier in about 2 weeks time. It almost seems like it conditions it. Perhaps its some sorta of cell manipulation?? Reguardless I've gone back using it on and off for about 3 years now and everytime I go back it makes my hairs condition appear thicker and shinier but the results go away a few weeks after stopping. A hair only grows like a centimeter a month or something miniscule like that so I cannot say that this laser grows anymore of my hair that was lost but as far as a cosmetic approach it def makes your hair look bangin

i dont know about that little, I need a haircut every 3-4 weeks, my hair grows crazy, like an inch - inch and half per month.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
flimflam said:
RaginDemon said:
It's rather stupid to comment on things you have never experienced.

Like, suicide? Drug abuse? Rape?

Like the laser treatment, u moron.

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think the point is that the new I-Phone would be make up for missing hair.

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
does anyone know if using spironolactone on triangles at temples could actually do the reverse and make you loose hair??

chino20

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey kiel, I used to use spironolactone on the temples and it didn't make me lose hair, possibly grew a few but not enough to warrant using it. I quit it eventually and started using the foam and would say that that is more effective than spironolactone on the temples. Although the two combined might be much better.

I was wondering, in that article you say that you don't lose any hair anyone, do you mean you never shed hairs? If you do, how many would you say you shed daily? Hair looks great btw.

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I hadn't shed hair for quite some time and by that I mean I don't typically see more then 5 hairs fall out of my hair a day. However since I begun on rogaine foam I have been shedding from what I count about 35-50 hairs a day. The shedding has steadily been decreasing the past few weeks and from what I have read is expected from Rogaine when first applied.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
why try to fix something when it aint broken? finasteride makes your hair great and I dont think you need minoxidil.

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I know my hair def looks pretty thik at this point however my temples have def receded a lil bit in recent times and so has the forelock on my hairline. I was just hoping to get a few more years of my teenage hairline if possible so I wanted to do everything to combat loss. I know how important preventage is.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
KielMcK said:
I know my hair def looks pretty thik at this point however my temples have def receded a lil bit in recent times and so has the forelock on my hairline. I was just hoping to get a few more years of my teenage hairline if possible so I wanted to do everything to combat loss. I know how important preventage is.

If thats what you want, go ahead and good luck!

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
lol... thick hair until i'm 90 is what I want!!

RaginDemon

Reaction score
KielMcK said:
lol... thick hair until i'm 90 is what I want!!

I only wish to live up to 70 lol

anyway GL growing more hair brotha

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ha ha... yeah 70 sounds good to me to. I saw your post... good luck with your hair as well just keep up with the regimin and don't be to critical of yourself.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
KielMcK said:
ha ha... yeah 70 sounds good to me to. I saw your post... good luck with your hair as well just keep up with the regimin and don't be to critical of yourself.

will do brother!

best of luck to you too.

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I always notice that anytime I get my hair highlighted (I do it for jobs... not to be a f**) or if I have to get my hair ironed straight, that my hair starts shedding worse in these areas. So I think its BS when people say blow drying and coloring doesn't hurt your hair. and also I think tomato soup with a grilled cheese is a timeless classic tradition that all men should enjoy for lunch every once in awhile.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
KielMcK said:
I always notice that anytime I get my hair highlighted (I do it for jobs... not to be a ****) or if I have to get my hair ironed straight, that my hair starts shedding worse in these areas. So I think its BS when people say blow drying and coloring doesn't hurt your hair. and also I think tomato soup with a grilled cheese is a timeless classic tradition that all men should enjoy for lunch every once in awhile.

for sure it hurts but they wont do major damage like male pattern baldness does though.