KielMcK's Story - (Big 3 and liquid spironolactone 2%, age 24)

pologuy514

Established Member
Reaction score
Kiel, Where did you happen to get your spironolactone from. I haven't ever used it but i'd be interested in trying it out. Thanks.

TA45

Established Member
Reaction score
Foam?

Whats up Kiel?
Sounds like your doing well with your regimen. Keep it up! Can you please tell me where you are applying the foam? Is it only on the temple area? If so, did it make you thin (shed) in that area the first couple of weeks? Later.-Tim

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hey... I get my spironolactone from Minoxidil.com. I use the cream that they sell because it does not smell at all.

I apply Rogaine Foam starting from the hairline and temples and the remainder on my crown. The temples shed more then anything and only now am I begginging to see little dark hairs growing out further then they've been in years. I'm hoping to have temples like dracula lol. I've only been on the rogaine foam for about 4 months now.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
KielMcK said:
Hey... I get my spironolactone from Minoxidil.com. I use the cream that they sell because it does not smell at all.

I apply Rogaine Foam starting from the hairline and temples and the remainder on my crown. The temples shed more then anything and only now am I begginging to see little dark hairs growing out further then they've been in years. I'm hoping to have temples like dracula lol. I've only been on the rogaine foam for about 4 months now.

still on finasteride?

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yep still on finasteride as well. I take 1 1/2 tablets of propeica every morning. Its my damn temples that I'm really trying to get back. My hairline seems to be fallin out again as well.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
KielMcK said:
Yep still on finasteride as well. I take 1 1/2 tablets of propeica every morning. Its my damn temples that I'm really trying to get back. My hairline seems to be fallin out again as well.

I see, do you have family history of male pattern baldness at all Kiel?

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yes its wicked bad for me. My whole family is short and heavy and very white which is the exact opposite of me so I feel I might be adopted. uncles on both sides are bald quite badly. father very bald and my brother who is 26 has very thin diffused hair. Both my grandfathers has full heads of hair though.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
KielMcK said:
yes its wicked bad for me. My whole family is short and heavy and very white which is the exact opposite of me so I feel I might be adopted. uncles on both sides are bald quite badly. father very bald and my brother who is 26 has very thin diffused hair. Both my grandfathers has full heads of hair though.

damn thats very suprising. Well GL on the treatment brother!

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks man, btw how is your treatment going?? any luck?

RaginDemon

Reaction score
KielMcK said:
Thanks man, btw how is your treatment going?? any luck?

my hairline got a bit lower, temples seem to be filling in a little as well; however the overall density seems to be just as bad as baseline.

I am considering dutasteride at the moment.

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah I know what you're saying. I get hairs that seem to come down lower then they had been but slowly my hair is just not as thick as it had been. What a shitty life. Why dutasteride tho? I've never heard much good about dutasteride. Have you ever tried spironolactone?

RaginDemon

Reaction score
KielMcK said:
Yeah I know what you're saying. I get hairs that seem to come down lower then they had been but slowly my hair is just not as thick as it had been. What a shitty life. Why dutasteride tho? I've never heard much good about dutasteride. Have you ever tried spironolactone?

No I haven't tried spironolactone, does it work? I am not going to try oral spironolactone though, its just a little bit too much for me.

I feel that finasteride is maintaining my hair, but I really want some regrow at the temples.

btw I looked at your avatar, you have gorgeous hair bro...you are a good looking dude too, you are blessed.

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
that avatar there is how my hair was when i was 19 before it started falling out. That is what I hope to have my hair at again. Topical spironolactone I think is working, I should know for sure in a few more month and I'll let everyone know.

djthomas85

Reaction score
i just ordered some of the topical spironolactone from minoxidil.com also.
do u know if ppl have had success with it, i just seem to be bloody everything out there.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Damn both of you guys got gorgeous hair! :hairy:

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've looked alot online about topical spironolactone and alot of people claim it gets rid of whatever DHT that finasteride doesn't get to. I've been using it for 4 months now and my shedding has decreased drastically. I'm just waiting to see if it all starts to thicken up.

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
also DJ Thomas, i think i asked you before but I used to use a hair iron to get my hair wicked spikey for shoots or if I was goin out to the bar and the iron evenutally made my hair all over get thinner. don't know if you use heat to make your hair look awesome... but heat def ruins it in the end.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
girls will die for those hair styles lol

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
lol... yeah they do seem to like them quite a bit. That whole faggy Ryan Seacrest look does work. /thing is every other guy at the bar will call you "f**". your not gay tho when you're surrounded by hot ladies.... well.... i guess gay guys do that to.... but for different reasons.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
KielMcK said:
lol... yeah they do seem to like them quite a bit. That whole faggy Ryan Seacrest look does work. /thing is every other guy at the bar will call you "****". your not gay tho when you're surrounded by hot ladies.... well.... i guess gay guys do that to.... but for different reasons.

they are just hating. I got props for all the players. lol

I aint got the fancy hair, but I do okey myself. :lol: