KielMcK's Story - (Big 3 and liquid spironolactone 2%, age 24)

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Re: KielMcK's Story Big 3 and liquid spironolactone 2% (Pics Nov. 4th)

damn how do you cut your own hair Kiel? it looks great anyways.

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score

I use the mens clinique lotion. It comes in a dark grey container and a hot blonde lady at the mall sells it :bravo:
I also do scalp exercises to keep my forehead tight. http://www.hairloss-reversible.com . there is a technique to control your occipital muscles and it gives your face a more youthful look when you really master them.

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score

I cut my hair every week. I only use scissors and cut it super chunky on the sides and leave the front about 3-4 inches so I can get a good flip or where it in front of my face. I used to really watch the girl/guy cutting my hair and thought it was ridiculous how there is no real method to their madness. Sometimes they would do a great cut sometimes they wouldn't... hit or miss. So I started cutting my own hair and no one can tell the difference and I save a ton of money and time.

RaginDemon

Reaction score

KielMcK said:
I cut my hair every week. I only use scissors and cut it super chunky on the sides and leave the front about 3-4 inches so I can get a good flip or where it in front of my face. I used to really watch the girl/guy cutting my hair and thought it was ridiculous how there is no real method to their madness. Sometimes they would do a great cut sometimes they wouldn't... hit or miss. So I started cutting my own hair and no one can tell the difference and I save a ton of money and time.

maybe you got the tailent in hair styling.

hair looks great brother, and hope it gets better in 08!

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score

yeah ive been doing the scalp exercises for about 3 weeks, maybe about 3 minutes or so a day, i hold each one for a about 5-10 secs then break for about 10 secs, how bout you, kiel and ragin, how do you do them?

RaginDemon

Reaction score

Dogs3 said:
yeah ive been doing the scalp exercises for about 3 weeks, maybe about 3 minutes or so a day, i hold each one for a about 5-10 secs then break for about 10 secs, how bout you, kiel and ragin, how do you do them?

I quit doing it, I found it too much trouble.

finasteride and minoxidil are working so I got lazy. lol

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score

I've been doing SE's for about 3 years now. It def improves your wrinkles if anything. I'm not so sure about the hair though.

I ussually hold them for about 3-5 seconds and do that straight for 5-10 minutes 3-4 times a day. Ussually when I'm driving. I'm on and off with it though... sometimes I won't do them for an entire week.

k3nn7i

Established Member
Reaction score

wow..you cut your own hair every week?!
now, I'm jealous...lol. If I'm able to cut and style it by myself, it will save me from the shame of going to the barber because...he had full head of hair and he is in his 50s

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Honestly get a good pair of scissors and give it a try. it is so easy... i just use a mirror on the back of my head. it take like 15 mins. I just cut a little bit each week and keep it the same length.

RaginDemon

Reaction score

I don't think I wanna try it...I'd pay my 30 bucks for my haircut every 3 weeks

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score

lol :jackit: better safe then sorry I suppose

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score

i just ordered some of that clinique M lotion you were talking about because im sick of the retinol irritation from neutrogena, hopefully this stuff eases dryness well, thanks for the tip.

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score

yeah it def does the trick for me and leaves your skin feeling really clean. Its not oily at all.

RaginDemon

Reaction score

KielMcK said:
lol :jackit: better safe then sorry I suppose

knowing myself, I will screw it up big time lol

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score

dude, i just tried cutting my own hair, just a bit of a trim on top and in front, and i gotta say your right, theres no real method that the barbers use. I just trimmed a bit, maybe a quarter inch, took me like 10 mins but it was worth it, looks just as good as if the barber did it. Im not gonna attempt the sides and back though i think id end up looking butchered, but good call on trimming your own hair, i can now probably get half the number of haircuts per year i used to.

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score

don't be afraid to do the sides. just cut a little bit and texture it. if anything it'll make it look fuller

RaginDemon

Reaction score

Dogs3 said:
dude, i just tried cutting my own hair, just a bit of a trim on top and in front, and i gotta say your right, theres no real method that the barbers use. I just trimmed a bit, maybe a quarter inch, took me like 10 mins but it was worth it, looks just as good as if the barber did it. Im not gonna attempt the sides and back though i think id end up looking butchered, but good call on trimming your own hair, i can now probably get half the number of haircuts per year i used to.

did your hair improve from treatment?

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score

yeah, so far its a lot better than the first couple months but not much better cosmetically yet. its only been about 5 months propecia and 1 month minoxidil so im not worried yet though. I just added spironolactone 2% for an extra boost hopefully that will work well with the minoxidil.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Re:

flimflam said:
glad your hair's working out, but the laser is bullshit. Sorry.

it's the finasteride that saved your hair and made it "darker", as you mention.

I won't say the laser is bullshit, it probabily helped, but I also believe finasteride contributed most of the changes.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score

Kiel are you as good as Edward Scissorhands in cutting hair?