Does anyone actually have hairloss here?

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You see, i dont get that logic. I would be and am the opposite. If i was an nw6 i would not be here since the site is mainly for med chat and what not. If meds ever failed me and i lost it all, it would be a case of the razor out and be done with it. No hair transplant, no piece, no forum. I take what i get in life and have a 'dont give a sh?t' attitude. Hairloss wont effect me majorly in life. I dont want to go bald but if i do i still have my family, friends, my woman, my career...everything that makes life so good.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:
CCS said:
Never stops me from having a job. Does make my job no fun when I see pretty women flirt with my coworkers and I can't flirt with them. I still stay employed. College is another issue. It takes a lot of focus to read and learn and do homework unsupervised. When I'm stressed about hairloss, I can't do it. But I'm handling my current job just fine. I can easily focus when there is a monetary pay off soon. Once my college grades were too low to get internships, I did not want to work hard for the chance of getting a job later, which might not even materialize without internship experience. I just can't focus when I think there might not be a reward.

You are not bald, judging by the info in your sig. Not even close there pal.

That is the one thing I hate. When people who aren't BALD say and act like they can relate.

Let me put it this way. If I was between a NW2 and NW4, I would never post here. Not even once.
Ok so what is your point then? WE are NOT YOU. That is what makes us different. I have a feeling if you were losing your hair fast you would post here by the time you were getting close to a NW4 more so now in a superficial and internet communication society. I had acne as a kid that bothered me alot but I never came on any forums to deal with it because there were no forums. I would have now with our current technology. Secondly, when I was growing up all this talk about skin care and anything that had to do with focus on the hair was considered :gay:. Wearing designer jeans was :gay: , Using hairspray or coloring your hair and getting highlights was :gay: Shaving body hair was :gay: . Wearing an earing was :gay: .Now times have changed. Technology has changed. Its nice we can talk to total strangers who have similar problems without getting judged( oh excuse me without getting judged by Most people on the forum). Is nice to find out what works and does not work. Its nice to find out how some people will agree and disagree with you without having a fist in your face. Its any easy way to make some online friends too. There are a few people on here that I wish lived near me. I would definitely "hang" out with them for some social events. Honestly, it would be fun to hang out with CCS in person to see him live in action. Let's face it, your are not be happy unless you are a NW4 or less and until you get a hair transplant, that is not going to happen. So don't get "sour grapes" when a person who is a NW4 or less is bitching and complaining about why their hair loss is making them miserable. Trust me we all know your situation is the worse case scenerio but we are trying our best to keep us from getting there. We appreciate your "reality checks" but show some support at least once in while.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:
CCS said:
Never stops me from having a job. Does make my job no fun when I see pretty women flirt with my coworkers and I can't flirt with them. I still stay employed. College is another issue. It takes a lot of focus to read and learn and do homework unsupervised. When I'm stressed about hairloss, I can't do it. But I'm handling my current job just fine. I can easily focus when there is a monetary pay off soon. Once my college grades were too low to get internships, I did not want to work hard for the chance of getting a job later, which might not even materialize without internship experience. I just can't focus when I think there might not be a reward.

You are not bald, judging by the info in your sig. Not even close there pal.

That is the one thing I hate. When people who aren't BALD say and act like they can relate.

Let me put it this way. If I was between a NW2 and NW4, I would never post here. Not even once.

so only bald people are allowed to be out of work?

I sympathise with the way you feel, but the more you wallow in self-pity the unhappier you'll get. You'll reach 50 and think 'what did I do with my life?'

Don't attack others who are lesser Norwood's and want advice here, just because it's too late for you - that's just spiteful. It's important for people who are between Norwood 2-4 to post here and get advice, even if you wouldn't.

Fundi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Quantum Cat said:
plenty of bald people have jobs and careers. Why does it stop people from working? :dunno:

Has anyone actually used that as an excuse? :shock:

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes it was used. Read the previous posts. When i commented on it i got flamed and told i was thick. Such comments to an intellectual as i from the people involved is waters off a duck's back. Some people just dont have their own voice in here and agree with the regular well known posters. Some just overwhelmed by jealousy towards others in here they lash out at the smallest thing, but as we agreed its off topic and we should not concern ourselves. Lets just enjoy our careers and a diverse life.. adieu

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
iwantperfection said:
You see, i dont get that logic. I would be and am the opposite. If i was an nw6 i would not be here since the site is mainly for med chat and what not. If meds ever failed me and i lost it all, it would be a case of the razor out and be done with it. No hair transplant, no piece, no forum. I take what i get in life and have a 'dont give a sh?t' attitude. Hairloss wont effect me majorly in life. I dont want to go bald but if i do i still have my family, friends, my woman, my career...everything that makes life so good.

1) You can't say it until it happens. I can speak about being a NW3 or whatever because I was there (not for long though). It's like me telling a soldier how I would react if someone was shooting a machine gun at me. He'd say what I'm saying. It's all talk unless you are going through it.

2) I barely post here and it's only in this one section. I don't look for meds nor would I risk my long term health on meds. Hey I regrew some hair but I died in 20 years.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
To answer the 34234234 posts, if someone who is not bald claims to be, I'm gonna comment on it. I never told anyone not to post. I questioned him calling himself bald. Get the picture? Thanks.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:
1) You can't say it until it happens. I can speak about being a NW3 or whatever because I was there (not for long though). It's like me telling a soldier how I would react if someone was shooting a machine gun at me. He'd say what I'm saying. It's all talk unless you are going through it.

you're comparing going bald with being under fire in a war zone? :shakehead:

2) I barely post here and it's only in this one section. I don't look for meds nor would I risk my long term health on meds. Hey I regrew some hair but I died in 20 years.

yeah because Propecia causes so many fatalities :whistle:

s.a.f

Reaction score
Quantum Cat said:
HatPrisoner91 said:

you're comparing going bald with being under fire in a war zone? :shakehead:

No he did'nt make that direct comparison, re-read what he actualy said.

yeah because Propecia causes so many fatalities :whistle:[/quote]

But how would you know nobodies been taking it for over 20 yrs maybe some serious health problems will arise in a few years time.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
SAF, you notice I always get the same reply asking if I'm comparing it to whatever?

The ironic thing is that is EXACTLY what they are doing when comparing a guy who is a NW2 to a bald guy.

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yes hp no nw2 knows what it is like to be bald and no they shouldnt tell you how to feel. Though if a person is laid back or strong willed and truely believes they will be cool with it if it does happen they should not be mocked at. They can not tell you it is easy but they can say it will be for them. If someone tells me such i believe. Alot of bald guys forget it and move on. I know a tonne of them. Your in a minority of them that cant and i hope one day you accept it and can feel good about yourself.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
going bald is upsetting and depressing - nobody's denying that.

However, it is not cancer. It's not a terminal illness, It's not losing your sight or the use of your legs. People who have these afflictions and still struggle on with life deserve respect. Somebody who is bald but spends their life doing nothing but pitying themselves does not deserve respect.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Who is asking for your respect? I don't care about it, nor want it. What I'm saying (and continue saying) is when people who are thinning and balding, refer to themselves as "bald", they are offending those who are bald. It's a slap in the face.

Again with the examples. If I lost feeling in one leg and I had to walk with a limp forever, yeah that would be horrible. Life would be made harder. But if I went in front of a quadrapalegic and said, "yeah man, I hate being a cripple to," do you see how he would be like "are you kidding me?" That's the point.

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
True. However it may be as hard for an 18 yr old with VERY thin hair as it is to be 30 and bald. Surrounded by ppl with great hair and mocking at college parties. Would be very hard for them. yeah they have hair but to their peers they are 'bald'. But i wouldnt know, just my opinion. Be easy on guys until you know their story.

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score
iwantperfection said:
Be easy on guys until you know their story.
Awe, seems something starts to sink in... (this forum tends to do that :) give you another month or two and you will start changing your whole preception about other people, for the better too..)

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i have always been nice to everyone here. Its when we low nws do that we get flamed. The only thing i voiced on was not working due to hair loss. I stand by what i said. Some ppl here need to lighten up and realise theres more to life. Im one of the people here that keep it real.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I'm starting to look for a job too and it's no picnic. There aren't alot of help wanted signs and even the mediocre places to work are full up. It just sucks out there, but being bald doesn't make it any more fun. :(