Does anyone actually have hairloss here?

Ash

Reaction score
Being that this is a HAIR LOSS site, I am just curious if anyone here has actual hairloss i.e. >NW2

Thanks

:jackit:

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Yeah, I know what you mean. When I first came to this site I was under the impression that there would be a good amount of bald guys on here with whom I could relate with. Boy was I wrong. Most are twenty somethings with zero to minimal hair loss. Don't get me wrong, guys like Dudemon, S.A.F., HatPrisoner myself and a few others actually know what it is like and I am grateful for their presence on these boards but the majority of guys on here can't relate to us.

Fundi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You unlikely to find as many.

People use this place a resource for learning about meds - Hence they have some hair worth saving.

A completely bald guy is more likely to

-Be old enough not to bother much with the internet/ especially forums
-Or accept nothing can be done so accept things, rather than post on the internet about being bald.

GeminiX

Reaction score
I was NW5 progressing toward NW6 by my mid to late 20's

I still post or comment here occasionally and read the forum most days. I can certainly relate to how easily hairloss can get you down, especially in my own circumstances, but I've always been someone who tries to see the glass as half full so I refused to let it get to me.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Fundi said:

-Or accept nothing can be done so accept things, rather than post on the internet about being bald.

That, right there is why people who are bald feel those who are not have no clue.

I was a NW6 by 23. Too old?

That second statement can be said about people who are balding in general. There is no "cure". People take meds but it doesn't work forever. The only real treatment is an hair transplant and we know how those can work (with few exceptions of course).

But looking at the flip side, if someone has minor hair loss, why don't they enjoy that time rather than post about it here?

Obsidian

Reaction score
Will you guys quit it? Half of hair-loss is doing something about early, not waiting in till the last minute. When you're sick or have an injury, do you wait in till you can't speak or get walk on your foot to go to the doctor? No, you do something about it if it is bothering you. If this board was just filled with guys like you, then all we would have is one big bi*chfest.

Everyone on here has a right to be here, high on the Norwood scale or low on it.

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Obsidian said:

Everyone on here has a right to be here, high on the Norwood scale or low on it.

Resatate this one when YOU hit nw6 and youll see nw1's bitching like its the end of the world, theres a HUGE diffrenace between nw0-3 and the above :roll:

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hatprisoner.. the site is full of guys like that because its a place to find info on meds and share results. meds only work if a person has hair still. you ask why they are here? they want to prevent balding. some would say why are you here if you already bald. moaning wont grow hair or improve ur life.u say these guys shud enjoy life. im 23 witha alot of hair still.jus because i come here doesnt mean im a case. i have my gf. a busy social diary. my football, everything. i love my life. jus dont wango bald

zb00st

Established Member
Reaction score
We are all here because we want to do something about this.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
No of course not. Everyone just loves spending their time on an Internet forum that's dedicated to hairloss.

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I do, I know what it's like to be bald, certainly more than the NW1,2,3,4's. I was a HW5 well on my
way to NW6 a year ago. I'm still bald but I'm back to a NW3 or so.

The only reason I come here is to keep my focus on the problem, otherwise I think I might
gradually stop treatment. And I pickup tid-bits of new things to try. If it were not for all the NW1's
and NW2's here that have had great success then I might have never tried.

Fundi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:
Fundi said:

That, right there is why people who are bald feel those who are not have no clue.

I was a NW6 by 23. Too old?

That second statement can be said about people who are balding in general. There is no "cure". People take meds but it doesn't work forever. The only real treatment is an hair transplant and we know how those can work (with few exceptions of course).

But looking at the flip side, if someone has minor hair loss, why don't they enjoy that time rather than post about it here?

Well then it would help you to read :roll: I said 'more likely to' - Not set in stone 100% will. Being a NW6 at 23, is not 'likely' - So no 23 is not too old, and you don't fall into the 'more likey' camp.

As for your second point, I didn't say anything about a cure. But SOMETHING can be done, and without sites like these most people who not know what Propecia was.

This thread has 'bitter' and 'jealously' written all over it. I can understand it being annoying watching someone with minimal hairloss acting like the world is over, but the majority are just here for advice on meds.

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
I find this whole 'IF YOUR NOT NW5 GTFO' stuff to be rather stupid. So when the 'NW5-6' guys where NW2/3 didn't you guys b**ch? Seriously?

I'm not saying I understand how it is to be bald, I don't, but its like saying you can't fear death till you are dead. This place is for hairloss and preventing it, not just whining about being bald.

GeminiX

Reaction score
I think I've said this before, but forum so often reminds me of Monty Python's "Four Yorkshiremen" sketch.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe1a1wHxTyo

I'm sure there are some members being competitive about how depressed they are :)

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm sure there are some members being competitive about how depressed they are

I don't think anyone should get depressed about hairloss, just accept it, treat it and move on with your
life. I suspect that is what your fight is all about too Gemini. :)

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I had a feeling this thread would take a turn in this direction. This is a hairloss site which encompasses ALL types of hair loss. It is wonderful in that there is something for everyone with any degree of hair loss. Of course it is legit to come to this site and research meds and treatments in a preventative capacity while you still have a full head of hair. For the most part that is what this site is for. Here is where the problem comes in- hair loss is an extremely emotional experience that few of us can be objective about and although for the most part people on these forums support and encourage one another, it does get ugly. Feelings of hopelessness, jealosy, rage, shame ect are bound to arise. People fight and disagree. It is all part of human nature and it has it's place here as well. Since I am beyond help for most of these treatments, all I can do is b**ch and there is no other place I would rather do it than here. It is theraputic and just as important as any other aspect of HairLossTalk.com. Yeah it sucks that there aren't better meds and better treatments and it is unfair that they work for some and not for others. I'm looking into hair systems right now as a possible solution to my baldness problem. It is not the ideal solution I had in mind when I first visited this site thinking the big three would bring my nw5 back to an nw1 :roll: but it is something. There is always something you can do no matter how bad it gets...you always have an option.

GeminiX

Reaction score
Indeed Casperz :)

The transgender community is not that different to this one really, we have members who are doing great, and we have members who seem to never be able to come to terms with it.

I really do sympathise with people who don't seem to be able to function, I've been there to a degree myself, it nearly ended my life. There was a point in my early 20's where despite my best efforts to deal with my condition I hit a seemingly impassable wall and found myself with no friends or family to turn to. Even my usual optimism seemed to have bailed out on me and so after weeks of what I can only call "the blackness" (as it sounds really dramatic) I drove to a remote place on top of a very high hill and did something very stupid :thumbdown2:

Miraculously, despite my car being literally ripped into two pieces (the front of the car, engine wheels and gearbox ended up 20 ft from the back part) I received only cuts and bruises as I was thrown clear of the wreck.

I like to say I have no regrets in life, but I do have one. I wish that when I was a child I had same confidence I do now, and the insight to have been able to see things as they are, especially to have been able to focus on the actually important things.

No matter what, all of us reading this webpage right now are incredibly luck people, the freedom we have, the privileged existence we have, the society we have.

It's important to look around once in a while, look on the internet or even just turn news on and look at the third world. No matter how low we might feel, there are several billion people on the planet *far* worse off who would be eternally grateful just for running water.

*edit* I can't believe I just used "smilies" while soapboxing...

CCS

Reaction score
Ash said:
Being that this is a HAIR LOSS site, I am just curious if anyone here has actual hairloss i.e. >NW2

Thanks

:jackit:

hahahha. Um, yeah. I was NW4a at age 21 or so. There are some NW2's lerking on here. Even a few guys with almost no hair loss freaking out. But at least 3 guys in this section are NW5-6.