Does anyone actually have hairloss here?

CCS

Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:
But looking at the flip side, if someone has minor hair loss, why don't they enjoy that time rather than post about it here?

Because when you used to get 8's, and now can only get 7's, you tend to dwell on what you no longer have instead of being happy you can get 7's. And if 6's is all you could ever get, and you want 9's, you tend to complain, rather than ride the 6's now before 4's are the best you can do and you wish you could get a 6 once in a while. People focus on what they want right now and can't have right now, not on what they have and others don't have.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
CCS said:
HatPrisoner91 said:
But looking at the flip side, if someone has minor hair loss, why don't they enjoy that time rather than post about it here?

Because when you used to get 8's, and now can only get 7's, you tend to dwell on what you no longer have instead of being happy you can get 7's. And if 6's is all you could ever get, and you want 9's, you tend to complain, rather than ride the 6's now before 4's are the best you can do and you wish you could get a 6 once in a while. People focus on what they want right now and can't have right now, not on what they have and others don't have.
I come on this site because I know I will get excellent insight, advice and wisdom like this post. CCS is a major reason why I come here. :woot: :innocent: :stupid: :whistle:

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
No matter what, all of us reading this webpage right now are incredibly luck people, the freedom we have, the privileged existence we have, the society we have.
It's important to look around once in a while, look on the internet or even just turn news on and look at the third world. No matter how low we might feel, there are several billion people on the planet *far* worse off who would be eternally grateful just for running water.

Absolutely! Well said.

Ash

Reaction score
I believe that people with minimal hairloss "deserve" to be here (although I do wonder why nw2's in their late 20's or older would have thousands of posts on a hairloss site). I started this thread mainly out of annoyance of reading posts about nw2's saying that their "life was over" due to their "hairloss". Another example is that 25/26 year old guy that said he was "practically bald" with an nw1 and unnoticeable diffused loss. Back when I was a thick nw3 (at 19 :jackit:) I didn't even really care about my hairloss because I could still cover it up and it was unnoticeable to other people.

This site seems to have a lot of people that have BDD and other self esteem/mental issues.

CCS

Reaction score
No matter what, all of us reading this webpage right now are incredibly luck people, the freedom we have, the privileged existence we have, the society we have.
It's important to look around once in a while, look on the internet or even just turn news on and look at the third world. No matter how low we might feel, there are several billion people on the planet *far* worse off who would be eternally grateful just for running water.

I'm well aware of this and the sad condition of those people depresses me every day.

CCS

Reaction score
casperz said:
I'm sure there are some members being competitive about how depressed they are

I don't think anyone should get depressed about hairloss, just accept it, treat it and move on with your
life.

We want to move on. But when we ask out a hotty and she tells us to move on, it no longer sounds so good.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ash said:
I believe that people with minimal hairloss "deserve" to be here (although I do wonder why nw2's in their late 20's or older would have thousands of posts on a hairloss site). I started this thread mainly out of annoyance of reading posts about nw2's saying that their "life was over" due to their "hairloss". Another example is that 25/26 year old guy that said he was "practically bald" with an nw1 and unnoticeable diffused loss. Back when I was a thick nw3 (at 19 :jackit:) I didn't even really care about my hairloss because I could still cover it up and it was unnoticeable to other people.

This site seems to have a lot of people that have BDD and other self esteem/mental issues.

Oh sh*t, I think you know more about my situation than myself. Now how is that possible? Posters like you (the know it alls) and the fact that this forum is repeating itself all the time are the exact reasons why I don't hang around here all that much anymore. Just browsing through a couple of times a week and I've seen it all (again). Hairloss doesn't bother me that much anymore, I'm focusing on other aspects of my life now.

barcafan

Reaction score
iwantperfection said:
hatprisoner.. the site is full of guys like that because its a place to find info on meds and share results. meds only work if a person has hair still. you ask why they are here? they want to prevent balding. some would say why are you here if you already bald. moaning wont grow hair or improve ur life.u say these guys shud enjoy life. im 23 witha alot of hair still.jus because i come here doesnt mean im a case. i have my gf. a busy social diary. my football, everything. i love my life. jus dont wango bald

They just dont like it when guys come here and state how badly they dont want to go bald (understandably), but then go tell bald people to shave it and be confident like its no big deal.

CCS

Reaction score
Yeah, I hate when they say, "Can't get a girlfriend? Just move on. Enjoy your life.". They make it sound like it is not a big deal when it is. There is always other stuff to do, but we want to "put a girl in it. Cause what's it all worth without a little loving." (country song)

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
There are factors that determine if we are amongst the saved or the damned in this world of hair loss, the main factor being time. What I mean is the younger the better. I first noticed my hair loss in a picture that my dad showed me. I was 24 at the time (1999) and I don't even think I knew about propecia. If this site was around when I needed it maybe I could have educated myself and got on the meds in time. I might be an nw2 or three right now (sigh). The stuff I did look up was just a bunch of empty hocus pocus and my hair kept diffusing over the years. Surprisingly, I didn't freak out all that much during my early stages of thinning (unlike so many here). I still had hair and I was out enjoying my youth and thats when I met my ex and settled in for a long comfy relationship. So maybe that sense of security (being with someone who accepts and loves you for who you are) made me focus less on my hair situation at the time. It really became a problem for me when there was more scalp than hair. My security blanket was gone and the transformation into a paraniod, depressed, angry, bitter neurotic began. When I did discover this site it was all but too late. I found out that my hair loss had progressed too far to see any significant improvement from the meds. So I looked into hair transplants. I read horror stories such as S.A.F's and in the process learned that that option was very limited for me as well, not to mention expensive and risky. The more I learned the more disheartened I became. The more angry I became. I took that anger out on people who were in far superior situations that my own, yet bitching like it was the end of the world and I couldn't curb my own jealousy. I was jealous of the hope that was beyond my reach, but seemed so plentiful for everyone else. Now time isn't the only factor. If you are young with the male pattern baldness gene and don't respond to the meds then to me you are an honorary nw5, given a cure never happens. If there was a cure. If bald men everywhere could be nw1 or even 2's again, then there wouldn't be this rift amongst the young and old in the hairloss community. But right now hope is reserved for the young. Expect animosity.

CCS

Reaction score
Yeah, Jayman, Bubka, and Aplunk1, who got on oral 5ar's and Nizoral when they were NW1's, and just have to stay on them. I'm jelous too. Not as jelous as you though.

I'm NW4a, with grafts that bring me to NW2 at 1/3 density. My face is framed, but my scalp does show. I still don't look like I'm losing my hair to many people. I noticed my high hairline when I was 14, was NW2 around 16, NW3 by 18, and NW4a by 21 or 23. My brother and I tried the scam Nisim first. Then later we read about avodart on hairlosshelp but did not know how to get it. I got on propecia at age 23, got grafted to a 10% thin NW3 at age 23, and then at 25 and 26 got my next hair transplant's. Somewhere around 2-3 years ago I found this site and argued with everyone. I thought minoxidil and propecia were the only methods that worked. I hated scams. I people finally convinced me to try Nizoral and other stuff. Bryan educated me on the biochemistry of hair loss. I still felt hopeless because I did not have enough donor hair on my head to thicken up my grafts or lower my hair line more, and did not think Rogaine would regrow hair on smooth bald scalp of 10 years. Then I looked into hair pieces. Now I think my calf hair is the answer.

Body hair is an option you have too, if your body hair is not too curly and you don't mind short styles. Only problem is your calves are probably the only area no one will look at a lot up close, so you might not be able to use enough body hair to fill down to NW1. My brother will have to decide on this too. Either way, I expect to pay about $33,000 split up into 4 travels over 2 years, $8,000 a pop. For you to do anything with a NW6 would maybe need $70-100,000. Yeah, so you got it much worse. Probably better with the hair piece until HM comes, if it comes. That is why I'm such a health freak. I want to be young and healthy when HM does come.

Actually, the reason I'm a health freak is I'm upset my youth was ripped away from me, and I want to relive it the right away, after I'm all grafted up better. I want to be NW1, dense, at 31, and have the body and face of a fit healthy 20 year old. Then live my 20's the right way. No alcohol though. Just hot women and travelling and such. And no dumb X-sports stuff or joining the marines again. I'll just take care of myself and have fun in a sensible way. Hopefully I'll look 35 when I'm 60. But it does not matter if you are a 6 or 7 at an old age. You got to be an 8 before you can really have fun. Better to be an 8 for 10 years and 4 for 30 years than a 6.5 for 40 years. At age 70, you get congrats, but no booty for being a 6.5.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
CCS is the most shallow mothereffer I've ever encountered even on the Internet.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
CCS said:
Yeah, Jayman, Bubka, and Aplunk1, who got on oral 5ar's and Nizoral when they were NW1's, and just have to stay on them. I'm jelous too. Not as jelous as you though.

I'm NW4a, with grafts that bring me to NW2 at 1/3 density. My face is framed, but my scalp does show. I still don't look like I'm losing my hair to many people. I noticed my high hairline when I was 14, was NW2 around 16, NW3 by 18, and NW4a by 21 or 23. My brother and I tried the scam Nisim first. Then later we read about avodart on hairlosshelp but did not know how to get it. I got on propecia at age 23, got grafted to a 10% thin NW3 at age 23, and then at 25 and 26 got my next hair transplant's. Somewhere around 2-3 years ago I found this site and argued with everyone. I thought minoxidil and propecia were the only methods that worked. I hated scams. I people finally convinced me to try Nizoral and other stuff. Bryan educated me on the biochemistry of hair loss. I still felt hopeless because I did not have enough donor hair on my head to thicken up my grafts or lower my hair line more, and did not think Rogaine would regrow hair on smooth bald scalp of 10 years. Then I looked into hair pieces. Now I think my calf hair is the answer.

Body hair is an option you have too, if your body hair is not too curly and you don't mind short styles. Only problem is your calves are probably the only area no one will look at a lot up close, so you might not be able to use enough body hair to fill down to NW1. My brother will have to decide on this too. Either way, I expect to pay about $33,000 split up into 4 travels over 2 years, $8,000 a pop. For you to do anything with a NW6 would maybe need $70-100,000. Yeah, so you got it much worse. Probably better with the hair piece until HM comes, if it comes. That is why I'm such a health freak. I want to be young and healthy when HM does come.

Actually, the reason I'm a health freak is I'm upset my youth was ripped away from me, and I want to relive it the right away, after I'm all grafted up better. I want to be NW1, dense, at 31, and have the body and face of a fit healthy 20 year old. Then live my 20's the right way. No alcohol though. Just hot women and travelling and such. And no dumb X-sports stuff or joining the marines again. I'll just take care of myself and have fun in a sensible way. Hopefully I'll look 35 when I'm 60. But it does not matter if you are a 6 or 7 at an old age. You got to be an 8 before you can really have fun. Better to be an 8 for 10 years and 4 for 30 years than a 6.5 for 40 years. At age 70, you get congrats, but no booty for being a 6.5.
I think you meant your "sense of reality" was ripped away from you and once you get it back you will realize the numbers game you seem to play is just a fantasy. In the real world, its all about personality and confidence. Unfortunately those two traits have also been ripped away from you as well. :shakehead:

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
Ash said:
Being that this is a HAIR LOSS site, I am just curious if anyone here has actual hairloss i.e. >NW2

Thanks

:jackit:

I do I do!

:jump:

beaner

Reaction score
hair_tomorrow said:
Ash said:
Being that this is a HAIR LOSS site, I am just curious if anyone here has actual hairloss i.e. >NW2

Thanks

:jackit:

I do I do!

:jump:

Me too!! :jump: :jump:

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Obsidian said:
Will you guys quit it? Half of hair-loss is doing something about early, not waiting in till the last minute. When you're sick or have an injury, do you wait in till you can't speak or get walk on your foot to go to the doctor? No, you do something about it if it is bothering you. If this board was just filled with guys like you, then all we would have is one big bi*chfest.

Everyone on here has a right to be here, high on the Norwood scale or low on it.

Oh this one is easy. Ok if you have an illness. A minor one, yes it sucks. But do you constantly try to compare yourself to people who have that illness where it has progressed to something worse (like cancer)? Of course not.

If you sprain your ankle, do you compare yourself to someone who has broken or shattered it or even worse had it amputated (have to use an irreversable example).

I never said no one has the right to be here. By men who are barely balding look silly giving advice about how "we" should act when talking to someone who is bald. It's just fact. And this other poster, who i quoted, did just that.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Night said:
I find this whole 'IF YOUR NOT NW5 GTFO' stuff to be rather stupid. So when the 'NW5-6' guys where NW2/3 didn't you guys b**ch? Seriously?

I'm not saying I understand how it is to be bald, I don't, but its like saying you can't fear death till you are dead. This place is for hairloss and preventing it, not just whining about being bald.

No one said GTFO. Reread it.

And to answer what you said, when I was a NW2/3, no I wasn't bitching on forums about it. It didn't even occur to me.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
barcafan said:
They just dont like it when guys come here and state how badly they dont want to go bald (understandably), but then go tell bald people to shave it and be confident like its no big deal.

THANK YOU!.

Barcafan just hit the nail right in the head!!

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hatprisoner... if you dont like those type of guys talking to you why u here?? there are forums on the web that are exclusively for bald guys. why dont ya try slybaldguys.com lol

get a life