Does anyone actually have hairloss here?

ali777

Reaction score
Eureka said:
Yup some do. And some others need to stop being so presumptions and stop handing out advice.

When your insecure about something. It effects every single aspect of your life in some way shape or form. Some people allow it to manifest further then it has cause to go. But that's the world we live in.

You can't presume to tell someone what should or shouldn't bother them. Unless you've lived their exact life, had all the exact same experiences, and view the world the exact same way.

There's exceptions to every rule.

Saf can continue to Berate CCS. Because the universe needs balance :)

What about me??? I want to berate CCS as well :whistle:

I have to agree with you that insecurity is a b**ch made in hell. When I was insecure, I became like CCS and I started questioning every little detail in my body and life... Deep down I knew I wasn't being logical, but when we can't think straight there is no logic. That was the message I tried to convey to CCS, but he doesn't want to know. He wants to keep paying attention to those little imperfections that are perfectly within the "norm"....

Eureka

Established Member
Reaction score
ali777 said:
Eureka said:
Yup some do. And some others need to stop being so presumptions and stop handing out advice.

When your insecure about something. It effects every single aspect of your life in some way shape or form. Some people allow it to manifest further then it has cause to go. But that's the world we live in.

You can't presume to tell someone what should or shouldn't bother them. Unless you've lived their exact life, had all the exact same experiences, and view the world the exact same way.

I have to agree with you that insecurity is a b**ch made in hell. When I was insecure, I became like CCS and I started questioning every little detail in my body and life... Deep down I knew I wasn't being logical, but when we can't think straight there is no logic. That was the message I tried to convey to CCS, but he doesn't want to know. He wants to keep paying attention to those little imperfections that are perfectly within the "norm"....

Oh of course Berate away Ali :)

And your right about insecurity. I've managed to get mine under check. But for awhile I was bothered by my chin maybe not being defined enough or my eyes not being completely symmetrical. Or this or that, It's friggen horrid. Every time I'd glance in the mirror I'd see something new. It got to the point where I was covering up mirrors in my house or turning them to face the wall.

It just get's ridiculous.

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Eureka said:
ali777 said:
Eureka said:

Oh of course Berate away Ali :)

And your right about insecurity. I've managed to get mine under check. But for awhile I was bothered by my chin maybe not being defined enough or my eyes not being completely symmetrical. Or this or that, It's friggen horrid. Every time I'd glance in the mirror I'd see something new. It got to the point where I was covering up mirrors in my house or turning them to face the wall.

It just get's ridiculous.

I think there's a difference between that and the insecurity that comes with being an NW4+ at a young age.

Flavio

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm still an early NW2 but I come here because I believe in planning / anticipation. This forum is terrific, insightful and a great place to gather information on the upcoming baldness treatments.

Being one step ahead of everyone else: that's the key to success (and not just in hair loss).

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Eureka said:

Very true.

heyitsthatguy

Established Member
Reaction score
Flavio said:
I'm still an early NW2 but I come here because I believe in planning / anticipation. This forum is terrific, insightful and a great place to gather information on the upcoming baldness treatments.

Being one step ahead of everyone else: that's the key to success (and not just in hair loss).
Yeh im at about an NW2 aswell I no its not that bad yet but it still sucks at my age and I think I definitely have a right to be in this forum.
Why do you higher Norwood guys take such offence to this? Its not like you woke up one day bald... you were in our shoes a few years ago. And I'd say most of you would be older than me when you had my hairloss.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
No they weren't in our shoes, 'cause I've heard that they lost their hair overnight. You also have to remember that if hp91 would have over 150 hairs on top of his head, he wouldn't even be here! That's how tough he is.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ghg said:
No they weren't in our shoes, 'cause I've heard that they lost their hair overnight. You also have to remember that if hp91 would have over 150 hairs on top of his head, he wouldn't even be here! That's how tough he is.

Hey, truth hurt?

Again, there are few people I wish total baldness on but you are one of them, just so you understand it finally.

IBM

Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:
ghg said:

Hey, truth hurt?

Again, there are few people I wish total baldness on but you are one of them, just so you understand it finally.

Why you want that?

heyitsthatguy

Established Member
Reaction score
IBM said:
HatPrisoner91 said:
ghg said:

Hey, truth hurt?

Why you want that?
Because hes bald and bitter

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:
ghg said:

Hey, truth hurt?

he can't hear you, he's got you on ignore - even though he keeps talking about you.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
If you were to experience how society in general treats those that have crossed over into actual baldness, you would understand where the bitterness comes from. Like anything else you don't know until you've been there. The general public looks at an nw2 as having a full head of hair (hence normal) so you can sit back and say "It can't be all that bad" because you don't know what it is like when everyone's perception and impression of you goes down the toilet once your scalp is exposed and then having to deal with all the consequences that come from that. Once you know what it is really like, then see one nw1 after another howling about some percieved hair loss that in reality is non-existent (Kerzguy for example) it will piss you off knowing that no matter how much those guys worry about becoming bald, they can still enjoy all the perks life has to offer for those with all their hair while your suffering is justified.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Very true UM, but its all about perspective. Take a person with a full head of hair with paralysis, no legs, or no arms or huge facial scars that cause deformity. Would you say their "sufffering" is more "justified" than a NW7 or NW6 who has no other deformity nor defects? There is always going to be a "worse" case scenario. I guess people need to count whatever blessings they have because we all know there are always people worse off than ourselves. I think "any sign" of hair loss can cause panic amongst anyone. And when you take the perspective of kerzyguy, you see a typical case of paranoia and a "cry" for approval and you wonder why he just can't understand he has mental problems and does not understand to accept it. If you think about it maybe this is the case for alot of these posters who "cry wolf". Mentally they are just as handicapped as a NW7 but in a totally different perspective.

Vigaku

Established Member
Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:
Fundi said:
But looking at the flip side, if someone has minor hair loss, why don't they enjoy that time rather than post about it here?
Because they want to seek knowledge to prevent it from getting worse, and I don't know if you noticed yet, but coming here for a lot of people is a kind of relief. It's like talking to someone about your problems.

People with thinning hair are not confident enough to live the lives they wanted to live, so they're going to feel more comfortable spending time online and seeking available treatments to treat their hair. I can just imagine how I would feel if I didn't do anything about my condition - boy would that cause future depression and regret.

But if by minimal hair loss you mean something like NW2, then disregard this.

And I lol @ this thread in general because, I think it's safe to say that 90% of the reason people joined these forums was because they noticed some sign of hair loss or progressing male pattern baldness.

Eureka said:
HOLY. FVCKING. SH1T. I practically say this to myself every day. So true my man. *High fives Eurkea*

This is going into my sig.

uncomfortable man said:
If you were to experience how society in general treats those that have crossed over into actual baldness, you would understand where the bitterness comes from. Like anything else you don't know until you've been there. The general public looks at an nw2 as having a full head of hair (hence normal) so you can sit back and say "It can't be all that bad" because you don't know what it is like when everyone's perception and impression of you goes down the toilet once your scalp is exposed and then having to deal with all the consequences that come from that. Once you know what it is really like, then see one nw1 after another howling about some percieved hair loss that in reality is non-existent (Kerzguy for example) it will piss you off knowing that no matter how much those guys worry about becoming bald, they can still enjoy all the perks life has to offer for those with all their hair while your suffering is justified.
Completely agree with this.

And I'm glad to know we have some gamers here. Sup guys. Any of you have 360 gamertags you'd like to share? :woot:

Mens Rea

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:

Great post buddy. Today i went to work feeling like sh*t after half an hour in front of the mirror. My hair is dead and looks like sh*t - i need it cut. So although im only a NW3 and diffuse (significant diffuse!) i already know how much it sucks and how much i want to maintain what i have etc. If he continues to give trouble i eventualyl will buzz it though (just to about a grade 2 to keep it tidy....hairloss is one thing...but thin scruffy hairloss is horrible!!)

I would suggest though, for you, you need to work that bit harder to REVERSE that initial judgement some people (the twats) might have of you for being bald. Certainly at times it'll require a bit of bottle and strong personality. As they said when handed lemonade, make lemons. You cant help your hairloss but u can help your personality and your confidence (with work)

lastly though i agree it annoys the piss of me too reading guys with full heads of hair posting pictures. at the start it thought it twas just full of trolls but now i realise its just the way it is on here.

Vigaku

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah..if trolls were here, they'd be out. I think that's why people like Cassin are here for.

And, a lot of times it won't matter if you have wit, or if you have confidence. As UM points out, there are many women (most likely the vast majority) who will drop you if you have everything except physical attractiveness, even if you have it but don't have enough for her to make her feel like you are worth her. This is the sad part. What's even sadder is she'll just throw any overused excuse in your face expecting you to believe her when you've heard it 10 times in your life already, which reminds me about that most common one "you're not my type." "So what type am I? Ugly? Oh, why didn't you just say so. I mean, either way the way I feel is the same, you dumb b1tch."

He knows he can make himself better but in the eyes of those women, he will not seem to be better. That is the problem men (mostly young) are facing today.

I'm also a diffuser. In fact I think the vast majority are here. I don't see NW2-3 as being bad as someone who's thinning all over the top. You can't do much with thin hair but compressing it to give the illusion of density. With a receded temple, and a lot of good top hair, you can get some coverage. It's like diffusers having the option to pack all their miniaturization up in the front and using the rest of the hair to cover it.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Patiently waiting to get laid.