Breezula Positive Phase 2 Result For Treat Androgenetic Alopecia

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Back from 2008, yep, 10 years ago : Cosmo initiates phase I trials of CB-03-01 aka breezula aka whatever name you wanna call it, for the treatment of skin disorders
http://www.cosmopharma.com/~/media/...news/press/pr2008/2008-04-01/2008-04-01en.pdf

Yes, yes, another company, another small company too.

@jamesbooker1975 I think youre exaggerating.

Cassiopea was created as a dermatology branch of Cosmo, which btw its not a small company anymore. They even had an agreement with Valeant for Breezula but it was canceled because the canadian company its well known for buying and closing projects they feel as competition for their internal pipeline

They resigned a good amount of money from Valeant, and launched an IPO for raising funds and rebooted their timeline. That decision proved their will to proceed with the development.

The progress of this drug has been very slow mainly because Cassiopea its an european company and its harder for them to pursue for accelerated FDA approval.

Last edited:

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score

Cassiopea was created as a dermatology branch of Cosmo, which btw its not a small company anymore. They even had an agreement with Valeant for Breezula but it was canceled because the canadian company its well known for buying and closing projects they feel as competition for their internal pipeline

They resigned a good amount of money from Valeant, and launched an IPO for raising funds and rebooted their timeline. That decision proved their will to proceed with the development.

The progress of this drug has been very slow mainly because Cassiopea its an european company and its harder for them to pursue for accelerated FDA approval.

Hope that they have enough money to go on. This world is so brutal ...

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
what he was trying to say is that the CB 03 01 had been there for such a fuking long time, 10+ years, and now, still in trial. So, he deduces that Breezula will end up nowhere.

@jamesbooker1975, I think no body out there really cares about Androgenetic Alopecia cause it does not kill man and yet, the common assumption is that men dont give a fuk to how they look, thats why every thing related to Androgenetic Alopecia are all delayed.

Yes, But , Aclaris got fast track for their clinical trial on Areata And their are running at least 3 times faster than breezula.

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, But , Aclaris got fast track for their clinical trial on Areata And their are running at least 3 times faster than breezula.

Please be reminded that fast track does not mean success, what if they failed ?

Further, they got fast-track for AA, not Androgenetic Alopecia, so, we, Androgenetic Alopecia guys, you can wait until nothing left on head. Such a damn fuking world.

washed_up

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Investors are clearly interested now that Winlevi is past phase III and Breezula is not that far behind. Where we are now compared to 5 years ago when this thing didn't even have a name are just world's apart. It's highly likely that Winlevi for acne comes out in Q4 2019 or 2020, making it the first topical anti-androgen.

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
Investors are clearly interested now that Winlevi is past phase III and Breezula is not that far behind. Where we are now compared to 5 years ago when this thing didn't even have a name are just world's apart. It's highly likely that Winlevi for acne comes out in Q4 2019 or 2020, making it the first topical anti-androgen.

Winlevi not pass phase 3 yet. They are filing for it in Q1 2019, and then need 1 year for FDA to read the report, still long way to go. For loser baldies like us, 1 year is already a gigantic difference.

In 2020, there may have JAK, RCH, P3074, seti, fevi, etc. so, Breezula in 2022, may lose its original attractiveness.

In this Androgenetic Alopecia marathon, the FIRST is the WINNER. Not sure whether the investors think the same way or not but if they do and stop pouring money, we are doomed.

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not sure if they can get approved in the EU first and save the EU baldies first and follow up with the US approval later ? Any body knows about these approval stuffs ?

Btg

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why, really? Let me explain you. This drug, Breezula or whatever they want to call it, it is an antiandrogen. Meaning, if is absorbed , and you try to know it by a meassure of DHt, Testerones, Estrogen levels ( like they did ) you will not now it. Cause antiandrogen don't lower androgens levels, is simple block the site.

Second, you say " well , I will drop everything for a 2 times application ". Can I ask you for how long you have being with male pattern baldness ? 23 years and counting. Believe, the hair lotion don't give you a good aspect to your hair when you put it in .
You will say " hey , no problem, HM is around the corner " Well, I have being heard that since 1997 .

And by last, this is a very small company, that advance extremely slow. Just now they put the name for the drug ! If they start phase 3 in 2020 ( forget 2019 ) will be a miracle.

By last , they are comparing this to propecia instead of dutasteride, and even so, the results are not dramatic ( dutasteride, side effeces aside , keep breezula *** )
If you dont care about sides why dont you use duta and estrogel ? People are hyped for cb0301 cause it is supposed to be safe . You always dismiss anything that wont regrow hair to a nw7 , if this is your case why you bother with this forum section ?

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score

Cosmo 's revenue in 2016 was about 67 mil EUR, not sure whether this is big or not, but compared to Fidia (Brtozu) of 100 mil USD and MERCK of 40 bil USD.

Dont get me wrong, I am just worried that they will run out of money and drop the project. Same thing happened for many many promising treatment in the past.

Btg

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Folks CB-03-01 has been available for 4+ years on private forums, admin of some used it and it regrows temples very well.
It's twice better than Fina, zero sides (compared to Fina) and effective.
what kind of ritual do people have to go through to join them

Heat06

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry pal to heard it. But if you dropped Finasteride cause side effects, going to China homemade Ru ( a drug never testes in humans ) is not a brilliant. . You can try ketoconazole cream ( not shampoo, leave it the entire night ) , alpha estradiol , etc.

Agree. Getting desperate, but revisiting RU is not a smart idea. I’ll stick with 0.5mg of Propecia daily and minoxidil for now.

Is it worth adding Ketoconzole cream and alpha estradioal to my current regimen? Not familiar with the latter.

jonnywalker93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is 4 years out and every treatment in the hairloss world is delayed so what's the point in even discussing the commercial product? We should rather talk about how we can replicate this with a proper vehicle in order to keep the side effects at bay. Will try to dump this into some liposomes when it arrives.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Agree. Getting desperate, but revisiting RU is not a smart idea. I’ll stick with 0.5mg of Propecia daily and minoxidil for now.

Is it worth adding Ketoconzole cream and alpha estradioal to my current regimen? Not familiar with the latter.

Alpha estradio, aka alfatradiol it is an extremly popular treatment in Europe, specially in Germany . Also in south America. In Europe you can find it under the Ell-Cranel name and on south america under Avixis . Is is an estrogen , modify, so it don't have the activity of the estrogen but inhibit DHT. You can easily buy it online.
Remember, that if you use a lotion, apply the cream as last one. For example minoxidil, then 30 minutes, alfa, then 30 minutes the cream. I do something similar.
If you can found someone to compound it, will be even easier, cause you can put all in one lotion .

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Cosmo 's revenue in 2016 was about 67 mil EUR, not sure whether this is big or not, but compared to Fidia (Brtozu) of 100 mil USD and MERCK of 40 bil USD.

Dont get me wrong, I am just worried that they will run out of money and drop the project. Same thing happened for many many promising treatment in the past.

Yes, it the problem with small company., Plus , imagine that Merck can easily buy them just to avoid the competition of the damn Propecia. I still can't understand how the hell FDA didn't banned yet as treatment for male pattern baldness.

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, it the problem with small company., Plus , imagine that Merck can easily buy them just to avoid the competition of the damn Propecia. I still can't understand how the hell FDA didn't banned yet as treatment for male pattern baldness.

Well, for those who can tolerate it, i dont see any reasons for them to change their regimen. Popping a pill is much easier compared to topical. Further, finasteride is out patent, people are using generic so not much can Merck earn anymore.

Remember, we, those cant tolerate finasteride, are losers, misfortunate and dont represent the whole world, so overall, finasteride is still the winner at the moment unless something new comes out.

Yes, with its equity, Merck can buy litterally anything, JAK, Seti, Follicum, Samumed, etc. but, are they willing to sell it knowing that their treatment is promising ?

washed_up

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Merck has made their money on Propecia after years of holding the patent. The patent is now gone so they don't give a damn about it anymore and are only a scary boogeyman for unfortunate people like @swingbeam and @jamesbooker1975 to direct their misplaced bitterness. They only still sell the stuff because there's still people who buy it, otherwise they'd move on and let the generics take over.

Once a drug loses its patent, it is a part of the public domain. Why people still scream "Merck Merck Merck" is beyond me. Finasteride is no more theirs now than any other drug you can buy generic versions of.

Last edited:

INT

Reaction score
Merck has made their money on Propecia after years of holding the patent. The patent is now gone so they don't give a damn about it anymore and are only a scary boogeyman for unfortunate people like @swingbeam and @jamesbooker1975 to direct their misplaced bitterness. They only still sell the stuff because there's still people who buy it, otherwise they'd move on and let the generics take over.

Once a drug loses its patent, it is a part of the public domain. Why people still scream "Merck Merck Merck" is beyond me. Finasteride is no more theirs now than any other drug you can buy generic versions of.

Because Merck might not have been completely honest regarding the side effect profile of the drug. Something that, based on the history of the company with other drugs, the huge amount of personal anecdotes, and luckily more and more actual research papers, might not be that for a stretch of the imagination.

Btg

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Because Merck might not have been completely honest regarding the side effect profile of the drug. Something that, based on the history of the company with other drugs, the huge amount of personal anecdotes, and luckily more and more actual research papers, might not be that for a stretch of the imagination.
they have had their lawsuits , they had to add extra side effects , but i dont see why they would want to invest in their off-patent drug