Breezula Positive Phase 2 Result For Treat Androgenetic Alopecia

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
You anti-finasteride people always seem to forget that Propecia was not the first application of finasteride on the market. That would be Proscar, released 26 years ago at a dosage that is FIVE TIMES HIGHER than Propecia. It has been used by hundreds of millions of men worldwide. If Propecia shrank your dick or made lots of men impotent, don’t you think there would be reams and reams of data proving that found among Proscar cohorts who are taking 5x more of the active ingredient than Propecia users?

Does finasteride have sides? Sure, for a very small percentage of the people who use it. But for almost all the men who use it, it will save a significant amount of hair. Oh, and its half-life is about eight hours, so if you’re one of the few unlucky ones who thinks (key word being “thinks) finasteride is making your dick fall off, just stop taking it.

Lol. Yes, Propecia 5 mg , may be you should read how much DHT reduce, you will surprise that is almost the same as 1 mg, it used for Prostate. Common prescribed on people over 60 .

Very small % ! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. What about reading the DHT fuction in the male body ? What about doing in all the reacton that 5-alpha reductase works, for example , in converter Pregnolone into Alopregnolone( A calm neurohormone linked to GABA )

You are a finasteride Groupie, that have no idea on what you are talking. Read my friend, read Endocrinology books .

Half life of 8 hours, do you even know what half life mean ? do you know how much 0.5mg of finasteride inhibit DHT ? Do you know how much time it take to the body to produce more 5-alpha reductase ?

Please read !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! stop being an ignorant.

washed_up

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol. Yes, Propecia 5 mg , may be you should read how much DHT reduce, you will surprise that is almost the same as 1 mg, it used for Prostate. Common prescribed on people over 60 .

Very small % ! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. What about reading the DHT fuction in the male body ? What about doing in all the reacton that 5-alpha reductase works, for example , in converter Pregnolone into Alopregnolone( A calm neurohormone linked to GABA )

You are a finasteride Groupie, that have no idea on what you are talking. Read my friend, read Endocrinology books .

Half life of 8 hours, do you even know what half life mean ? do you know how much 0.5mg of finasteride inhibit DHT ? Do you know how much time it take to the body to produce more 5-alpha reductase ?

Please read !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! stop being an ignorant.

And yet, no rise in number of men with side effects despite the drug being given out all over the place. Where are they?

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Some of the roles of DHT :
  1. Higher desire for sex, harder erections, bigger and thicker dick
  2. Body and facial hair grow more
  3. Masculine bone formation. Lower rate of osteoporosis
  4. Stronger, faster, sharper
  5. DHT burns body fat
  6. Calm feeling with bursts of aggression
  7. Skyrocketed confidence, elevated mood, and improved well-being
  8. Reduced incidence of stroke
  9. Prevents intermittent claudication
  10. Lower chance of Alzheimer’s disease
  11. Reduced heart disease mortality
  12. Prevents inflammatory diseases
  13. Prevents metabolic disorders

Want studies ? Here are some :
Contribution of dihydrotestosterone to male sexual behaviour.

The effects of transdermal dihydrotestosterone in the aging male: a prospective, randomized, double blind study.

And one of my favourites :
inhibition of 5 alpha reductase enzymes results in blockade of synthesis of several key hormones and neuro-active steroids leading to a host of adverse effects, including loss of or reduced libido, erectile dysfunction, orgasmic dysfunction, increased high Gleason grade prostate cancer, observed heart failure and cardiovascular events in clinical trials, and depression.

f*****g Finasteride groupies ,are worst than Justin Biever groupies.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
And yet, no rise in number of men with side effects despite the drug being given out all over the place. Where are they?
Rise ? Lol. Where, Do a research for post finasteride syndrome forums, they have even more daily posts than HairLossTalk.com.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
I really don't understand why is so, so hard to learn about the role of DHT, Estrogen, Progesterone in male body .

It really surprise me that people still think that 5-alpha reductase is only produced in the body to produce DHT and that DHT only work in causing balding, big prostate and acne. Is like the super evil hormone !!! That was what Merch told as 21 years ago.

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
I really don't understand why is so, so hard to learn about the role of DHT, Estrogen, Progesterone in male body .

It really surprise me that people still think that 5-alpha reductase is only produced in the body to produce DHT and that DHT only work in causing balding, big prostate and acne. Is like the super evil hormone !!! That was what Merch told as 21 years ago.

We know 5AR activity is intimately involved in hair loss. People who literally do not produce 5AR2 have no baldness and all the other hormones are normal. They also are not dead. So while 5AR2 is important, your body does okay without it. You can see this via its reaction/non reaction to 5AR2 being inhibited (no rise in LH to prompt more testosterone to be made for example).

Our bodies are pretty good at getting around deficits. The people who suffer from PFS are people that were either 1) on the precipice of having these issues with or without Finasteride and the drug pushed them over the edge, 2) have always had these problems and they are relating it to Finasteride, 3) their bodies were more dependent on 5AR2 and do not have a good way of navigating around its inhibition.

Conversely some people get absolutely no side effects or feel better on Finasteride. Unfortunately not all drugs are made for all people. The sooner we do genetic testing to match people up with drugs, the better off we will be.

I also agree that DHT ALONE is not enough to combat male pattern baldness. While it is a major factor, it is not the only one and may not play as big of a role for some people as it does for others.

INT

Reaction score
You anti-finasteride people always seem to forget that Propecia was not the first application of finasteride on the market. That would be Proscar, released 26 years ago at a dosage that is FIVE TIMES HIGHER than Propecia. It has been used by hundreds of millions of men worldwide. If Propecia shrank your dick or made lots of men impotent, don’t you think there would be reams and reams of data proving that found among Proscar cohorts who are taking 5x more of the active ingredient than Propecia users?

Does finasteride have sides? Sure, for a very small percentage of the people who use it. But for almost all the men who use it, it will save a significant amount of hair. Oh, and its half-life is about eight hours, so if you’re one of the few unlucky ones who thinks (key word being “thinks) finasteride is making your dick fall off, just stop taking it.

It has a flat response curve so there should be no difference between 5 mg and 1 mg

INT

Reaction score
It doesn't matter the difference in reduction between 1% and 5%, the point stands: Finasteride has been on the market for over 25 years and has been used by hundreds of millions of men. If it was the poison you claim it is, there'd be a whole lot of data available to substantiate that, so where is it? Where are the 10's of millions of men with shrunken 2" baby dicks who couldn't get it up with a naked 10 spread-eagle in front of them?

Why read general endocrinology book? We're talking about a specific compound that has specific data. That data doesn't support your position, plain and simple.

I read quite a lot, which is why I'm perfectly comfortable taking finasteride, and have been doing so for about 18 years. I started losing my hair in my late teens, and was headed for a NW7 by 30. 20 years later, and I'm a NW2. Finasteride saved my hair, as it has for millions and millions of other men.

As to what "half-life" means, I do, in fact, know what it means. Tell me how long it takes for the body's 5-a levels to return to baseline, since you seem to think that a single dose of 1% finasteride not only eradicates all traces of it, but destroys the body's ability to produce it. No name calling, just provide the data (cite searchable source) so we can all see for ourselves, ok?

First of all, hundreds of millions seems a bit much...

I am happy for you that finasteride worked for you without side effects. Not everyone is so lucky however and it seems like the number of people that are less lucky is a lot bigger than Merck initially claimed. Science has only relatively recently started looking into PFS due to the large number of anecdotes of persistant side effects and lawsuits against Merck, so obviously there is not a lot of data YET. Yes, anecdotes are just anecdotes but there are so many cases of men (in perfect health) who got screwed big time by the drug. 5ar is still not completely understood but there is an increasing amount of evidence that it is important in the regulation for important neurosteroids that influence cognition and sexual health.

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes Merck has settled, but for peanuts. What were the plaintiffs supposed to do? Little is better then nothing is their logic unfortunately.. Merck pays for the best attorneys.

washed_up

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is a crude analogy but it gets to the point of anecdotes versus figures. In a documentary about steroids, it's pointed out that there's all this fearmongering about how steroids are gonna kill you but all these athletes and actors and fitness models and bodybuilders use it and have been using it for decades. So where are the bodies? People should have dropped dead like crazy but over decades there's just a couple stories here and there.

The same is true here. We hear about finasteride is so bad and so dangerous. But you got all these people taking it over decades and even more now that it's being sold as a generic. So where are the bodies? You think millions of men whose lives have been ruined can be silenced in the internet era? The numbers just aren't there and until they are, I'll believe when I see it.

Btg

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am quite sure that in the absence of dht , T binds to the AR and mimics most of its effects . Also you have 5Ar1s left for neurosteroids.
I am not saying finasteride is great , i personally had sides , but RU is not tested , and everything else is experimental at the moment.
So what do you recommend to someone who is 20something and balding ? cetirizine and emu oil ? yea that ll help !!

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is a crude analogy but it gets to the point of anecdotes versus figures. In a documentary about steroids, it's pointed out that there's all this fearmongering about how steroids are gonna kill you but all these athletes and actors and fitness models and bodybuilders use it and have been using it for decades. So where are the bodies? People should have dropped dead like crazy but over decades there's just a couple stories here and there.

The same is true here. We hear about finasteride is so bad and so dangerous. But you got all these people taking it over decades and even more now that it's being sold as a generic. So where are the bodies? You think millions of men whose lives have been ruined can be silenced in the internet era? The numbers just aren't there and until they are, I'll believe when I see it.

I don’t think finasteride is as bad as irs reputation, but there are literally thousands of testimonies from people with longterm side effects, that’s definetely something to consider.

Bigbone

Established Member
Reaction score
No, it doesn't; BHP affects 50% of all men between 50 and 60, and 90% of all men 80 and older. Even if only 10% seek treatment (probably higher, but for argument's sake, lets say it's that low because the drug isn't easily accessible in the 3rd world), that's 30m men/year for 26 years and counting. Then there are all the men who take it for hair loss. That number is harder to quantify because there's less data, but it almost certainly is in the low millions in the US alone since its introduction 20 years ago. So, there absolutely is a very good chance that hundreds of millions of men have taken finasteride for either BHP or hair loss over the last 26 years.

As for there not being a lot fo data "YET," again, if it was the poison so many of you claim it is, there SHOULD be a lot of data already, because the anecdotal evidence would be so overwhelming that it would have demanded further study long, long ago.

Finally, one good metric for finasteride's toxicity is, as you mentioned, law suits. To date, Merck has settled a grand total of 562 finasteride-related suits from 1400 cases brought. 562 settled claims from a potential claimant pool of hundreds of millions.

Again, I'm not claiming that there isn't a potential for finasteride side effects. In this sense, finasteride is just like every single prescription drug on the market, as there isn't a one that doesn't have at least a few side effects. That being said, that potentiality is minor.
I do agree that if finasteride was as harmful as people claim, it should be pretty easy to prove and Merck would've been sued by now.

However, I think you're wrong about the numbers. You can look up Merck's sales while they still had the patent, do the math and you'll get about one million of users combined in the U.S. If you look at the sales in Sweden there are 100 000 users, 1% of the population. Out of those 100 000 only 3000 use it for hair loss.

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
I do agree that if finasteride was as harmful as people claim, it should be pretty easy to prove and Merck would've been sued by now.

However, I think you're wrong about the numbers. You can look up Merck's sales while they still had the patent, do the math and you'll get about one million of users combined in the U.S. If you look at the sales in Sweden there are 100 000 users, 1% of the population. Out of those 100 000 only 3000 use it for hair loss.

I would imagine a lot of people would not want to take a DHT inhibitor drug to save their hair. Most men, from my observation, do not do anything and just let themselves go bald.

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would imagine a lot of people would not want to take a DHT inhibitor drug to save their hair. Most men, from my observation, do not do anything and just let themselves go bald.

That explains why there has been no new treatment for 20+ years :(

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
That explains why there has been no new treatment for 20+ years :(

I know, it is a travesty. At least there are alternatives to Oral Finasteride and Topical Minoxidil. But none that have the studies to back them up.

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know, it is a travesty. At least there are alternatives to Oral Finasteride and Topical Minoxidil. But none that have the studies to back them up.

IMO, I believe the youth nowadays pays more attention to how they look as compared to their ancestors, so maybe several players have come to the market.

nohairnolife

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I have heard way, way more claims of PFS than steroid fatalities

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have heard way, way more claims of PFS than steroid fatalities
Me too!

Redit, balding blog, this site... this topic in this site, are full of people that suffer from finasteride sides.

Hey washed up “I suffer from finasteride sides” so there’s your proof, in fact most people here want an alternate solution because finasteride screws with them.

Don’t be a dick about it. I’m happy for you if finasteride works but don’t get all High and mighty.