6 Months On Finasteride = Hairline Receded Back A Full Norwood

Jpon541

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just completed 9 months as of today. Hoping the sheds I've been having produce bigger hairs in 2-3 months. Shedding seems to be lighter than a month ago

Jpon541

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I swear I've lost more hair in the last 3 months than ever before..

Are late sheds normal and do the hairs come back?

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They say wait a year to see proper results but it does look like you are continuing to lose ground. Temples are hardest place to hit though. You might be non responder.

Should ask dermatologist for dutasteride and oral minoxidil.

Jpon541

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They say wait a year to see proper results but it does look like you are continuing to lose ground. Temples are hardest place to hit though. You might be non responder.

Should ask dermatologist for dutasteride and oral minoxidil.

Oral min? Interesting. My derm got me duta i just haven't taken it yet.

How's the safety of oral min?

Jpon541

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I FIGURED OUT THE PROBLEM.

So like 5 months prior to finasteride i was using minoxidil on the crown, and the hairline for 2 of those months. I stopped shortly after starting finasteride.

No wonder I've shed so much...

Did i permanently ruin my chances? Or will i eventually grow hair with the finasteride

Kambrira159

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I FIGURED OUT THE PROBLEM.

So like 5 months prior to finasteride i was using minoxidil on the crown, and the hairline for 2 of those months. I stopped shortly after starting finasteride.

No wonder I've shed so much...

Did i permanently ruin my chances? Or will i eventually grow hair with the finasteride

It won't grow back, minoxidil and finasteride work in very different ways. For best results you should be using both.

Jpon541

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It won't grow back, minoxidil and finasteride work in very different ways. For best results you should be using both.

So the minoxidil grown hairs won't come back. But what about the other hairs i had prior to min?

Jpon541

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I've pretty much lost 40% of my hair in the last month. What is going on........

Jpon541

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If u show good photos i can give you advice but right now it's not possible because i cannot see if u are losing more hair.

Better pic quality? Or no.

Attachments

• 20191029_200936.jpg
    20191029_200936.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 549

Jpon541

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
See this? July to now. That's a whole hair cycle and I'm much worse. It's been almost 10 months. Will i improve in the next 2 or is it dutasteride time?

Not doing minoxidil, i already have bad scalp eczema. Constantly flaky and dry..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191009-094524_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20191009-094524_Chrome.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 524
  • 20191103_093313.jpg
    20191103_093313.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 495

Jpon541

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think i need duta. I have no hairline left and am approaching 10 months..