6 Months On Finasteride = Hairline Receded Back A Full Norwood

whatintheworld

Reaction score
No for dutasteride, and your pictures are too blurry to tell sh*t. Here's some advice, buy a used old iPhone for 50 bucks on eBay and go outside in the sunlight and take some actual pictures.

Also, you would be better served saving for a transplant than going on dutasteride in my opinion.

Jpon541

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No for dutasteride, and your pictures are too blurry to tell sh*t. Here's some advice, buy a used old iPhone for 50 bucks on eBay and go outside in the sunlight and take some actual pictures.

Also, you would be better served saving for a transplant than going on dutasteride in my opinion.

Why is everyone against dutasteride?

whatintheworld

Reaction score

Blocks all types of DHT at in my opinion a dangerous amount for the long term, has a very long half life, just an overall much stronger drug. If finasteride is like a pistol, dutasteride is a bazooka.

Jpon541

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Blocks all types of DHT at in my opinion a dangerous amount for the long term, has a very long half life, just an overall much stronger drug. If finasteride is like a pistol, dutasteride is a bazooka.

Well i know for a fact i never want to have children so I'm not worried about sterility.

And i haven't gotten a single side on finasteride so i figured why not. Plus ashton kutcher took it for a decade

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Totally just lost a chunk of my hairline. This isn't supposed to happen 9 months into finasteride.

dutasteride time?

I think the “lost” chunk in your hairline may just be a smudge on the toaster youre using to take your progress photos.

On a serious note this whole thread is irrelevant as you simply can not compare a single photo to one another.

If your hair was really deteriorating at the rate you believe I don’t think even duta would save it.

But from the limited info I can gather from your photos your hair looks the same.

Just stick it out for a whole year and reassess then whether to change up your routine.

Jpon541

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think the “lost” chunk in your hairline may just be a smudge on the toaster youre using to take your progress photos.

On a serious note this whole thread is irrelevant as you simply can not compare a single photo to one another.

If your hair was really deteriorating at the rate you believe I don’t think even duta would save it.

But from the limited info I can gather from your photos your hair looks the same.

Well every time i shed it never comes back.. What does that mean

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well every time i shed it never comes back.. What does that mean

It may all be in your head, you never know.

If you want noticeable regrowth add in minoxidil and microneedling.

Finasteride tends to just maintain the hair at the level it was when you started.

Jpon541

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
People on this web
It may all be in your head, you never know.

If you want noticeable regrowth add in minoxidil and microneedling.

Finasteride tends to just maintain the hair at the level it was when you started.

Doesnt dutasteride produce more regrowth?

I'm just hoping that the hairs i have get bigger which they have not. I know it's unrealistic to wish for a NW2 hairline

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
People on this web

Doesnt dutasteride produce more regrowth?

I'm just hoping that the hairs i have get bigger which they have not. I know it's unrealistic to wish for a NW2 hairline

Dutasteride is just a more potent anti androgen, if your not seeing regrowth results on finasteride i doubt dutasteride is going to make a whole lot of difference.

On the other hand minoxidil and mincroneedling has the potential to bring you back to a NW2 if you're a hyper responder.

I would try that first before committing to dutasteride but the choice is yours.

Jpon541

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dutasteride is just a more potent anti androgen, if your not seeing regrowth results on finasteride i doubt dutasteride is going to make a whole lot of difference.

On the other hand minoxidil and mincroneedling has the potential to bring you back to a NW2 if you're a hyper responder.

I would try that first before committing to dutasteride but the choice is yours.

Well I still have 3.5 months before the year mark. I still feel like I could see something since I'm shedding the thin weak hairs not the good ones.

Jpon541

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Got a new phone and better quality pics. Wrinkled my forehead so y'all can see where my hairline is at. Also got a crown pic.

Definitely was not this thin when i started treatment

Attachments

• 20190927_180004.jpg
    20190927_180004.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 484
  • 20190927_175731.jpg
    20190927_175731.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 490
  • 20190927_180110.jpg
    20190927_180110.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 476

ihatebackstabbers

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree with what @centurie said. Give finasteride more time and in the meantime try microneedling since you're already using minoxidil. If your not satisfied with your results after giving it more time, consider switching to duta or look into getting a hair transplant.

Jpon541

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree with what @centurie said. Give finasteride more time and in the meantime try microneedling since you're already using minoxidil. If your not satisfied with your results after giving it more time, consider switching to duta or look into getting a hair transplant.

I'm not using minoxidil.. tried it a long time ago

ihatebackstabbers

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It all comes down to what your expectations are. If you're looking to get a little regrowth then just stick to finasteride for now. I've been on finasteride for a long time and I know a lot of people that have taken it or on it now and huge amounts of regrowth is not the norm. Using minoxidil while taking finasteride changes things even if you were a non-responder to minoxidil alone before. If you want more growth you really should consider trying it again while on finasteride.

Jpon541

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It all comes down to what your expectations are. If you're looking to get a little regrowth then just stick to finasteride for now. I've been on finasteride for a long time and I know a lot of people that have taken it or on it now and huge amounts of regrowth is not the norm. Using minoxidil while taking finasteride changes things even if you were a non-responder to minoxidil alone before. If you want more growth you really should consider trying it again while on finasteride.

You really think this sh*t will improve in 4 months?

Jpon541

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Also i use keto shampoo 2x a week. Have been the whole time

ihatebackstabbers

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was worried that I was a non-responder after being on finasteride the first year. It wasn't until 1.5-2 years that my hair was noticeably better. There is no way to say what will happen with you. Only time will tell. I can just say from experience that getting a huge amount of regrowth from finasteride only is not the norm.

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Many people who get really worse on finasteride, get even worse on duta. Many, but not all. Its a gamble. But you arent way worse according to the pics, unless they dont show the real situation.
Its your call. If you want a better drug duta is the next logical step.