6 Months On Finasteride = Hairline Receded Back A Full Norwood

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Your case is the simple reality that finasteride cannot save heavily miniaturized follicles. The same situation with me. It will reduce the amount of DHT attacking them, but unfortunately they are already on the path to dying. You can hope minoxidil can provide some assistance, aided with derma rolling, but it all comes down to genetics and androgen sensitivity.

Without the drug you would probably be slick bald already, or close to it. Don't believe me? Get off it and do nothing, and see what happens.

Now, the question is, would you rather be slick bald or hold on to what you have to some period of time? I can tell you without doubt that your current state is much better than being slick bald (something 99% of the people on this stupid forum aren't anyway).

Jpon541

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your case is the simple reality that finasteride cannot save heavily miniaturized follicles. The same situation with me. It will reduce the amount of DHT attacking them, but unfortunately they are already on the path to dying. You can hope minoxidil can provide some assistance, aided with derma rolling, but it all comes down to genetics and androgen sensitivity.

Without the drug you would probably be slick bald already, or close to it. Don't believe me? Get off it and do nothing, and see what happens.

Now, the question is, would you rather be slick bald or hold on to what you have to some period of time? I can tell you without doubt that your current state is much better than being slick bald (something 99% of the people on this stupid forum aren't anyway).

Then how have people worse than me recovered?

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Regarding the effect of testosterone on male pattern baldness, I do remember reading an old study done on monkeys (don't remember which species specifically) that found that both testosterone and DHT are capable of activating the androgen receptors of the hair follicles. I tried to find the study today but wasn't able to. That study provided evidence that testosterone is involved in hair loss too.
It is clear though through an abundance of research and evidence that DHT is a far bigger contributor to male pattern baldness than is testosterone. Two such pieces of evidence are the fact that finasteride and especially dutasteride is effective for the overwhelming majority of hair loss sufferers, and the fact that it has been observed that men with congenital 5-alpha reductase type 2 deficiency never lose any of their hair. Such individuals have normal levels of all hormones other than DHT.
I would say it is time for you to consider Dutasteride if Finasteride isn't working well enough for you. I myself have been using Dutasteride for over five years with great success. I should also point out that a large scale Korean study found that dutasteride had a 99.4% success rate after four years. So basically, Dutasteride is the best weapon we currently have available.

Last edited:

Jpon541

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Also, multiple websites say "thickening and strengthening of minaturized hairs takes 6-12 months"

Now, it hasn't even been 8.

Jpon541

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Regarding the effect of testosterone on male pattern baldness, I do remember reading an old study done on monkeys (don't remember which species specifically) that found that both testosterone and DHT are capable of antagonising the androgen receptors of the hair follicles. I tried to find the study today but wasn't able to. That study provided evidence that testosterone is involved in hair loss too.
It is clear though through an abundance of research and evidence that DHT is a far bigger contributor to male pattern baldness than is testosterone. Two such pieces of evidence are the fact that finasteride and especially dutasteride is effective for the overwhelming majority of hair loss sufferers, and the fact that it has been observed that men with congenital 5-alpha reductase type 2 deficiency never lose any of their hair. Such individuals have normal levels of all hormones other than DHT.
I would say it is time for you to consider Dutasteride if Finasteride isn't working well enough for you. I myself have been using Dutasteride for over five years with great success. I should also point out that a large scale Korean study found that dutasteride had a 99.4% success rate after four years. So basically, Dutasteride is the best weapon we currently have available.

interesting!

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Then how have people worse than me recovered?

It's all a case by case basis dude. I have seen miraculous recoveries on finasteride, and I have seen people continue to lose hair. It is all the luck of the draw of how aggressive your male pattern baldness is, and how sensitive your hair is to androgens.

Jpon541

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Jesus dude. No one will ever be able to tell if you’re getting worse or better with the pics you’re posting. Take closer up photos form the same angles and lights. Put in reference points.

Attachments

• 20190903_215250.jpg
    20190903_215250.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 484

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can see people are giving me the exact advice I specifically DIDN'T ask for. Lol.
How teh f*** can we ever know, just take the pill and evaluate at 2 years, thats the most benefit u will probably have.
If ur not happywith ur hair, go for a transplant or cry urself to sleep every night.

Jpon541

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How teh f*** can we ever know, just take the pill and evaluate at 2 years, thats the most benefit u will probably have.
If ur not happywith ur hair, go for a transplant or cry urself to sleep every night.

Gonna re evaluate at 1y and at 18 mo.

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I k sorry man, but shitty, fine and rare hair is much shittier than slick bald.

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Jpon541 man the thing is that at the moment your hair really looks pretty shity, no offense. So that's why some people tell you it'll be better to shave it. I understand that being slick bald is not your goal but to be honest I think it would suit you much better the shave it for a few months. Get rid of that fuzzy hair and this way you'll be out of your mind and not stress everyday about it. You could shave it, let it go for a couple of months, shave it again drama let it grow shaving and so on. Do that for the next 12-16 months, take pics every 2-3 months and then compare them and assess! You may discover that you had a great recovery story and then go on then enjoy your hair. This way just taking very low quality pictures and wondering every day if it's better or not won't help you in the long run man.

Jpon541

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Jpon541 man the thing is that at the moment your hair really looks pretty shity, no offense. So that's why some people tell you it'll be better to shave it. I understand that being slick bald is not your goal but to be honest I think it would suit you much better the shave it for a few months. Get rid of that fuzzy hair and this way you'll be out of your mind and not stress everyday about it. You could shave it, let it go for a couple of months, shave it again drama let it grow shaving and so on. Do that for the next 12-16 months, take pics every 2-3 months and then compare them and assess! You may discover that you had a great recovery story and then go on then enjoy your hair. This way just taking very low quality pictures and wondering every day if it's better or not won't help you in the long run man.

Always appreciate your honesty.

The pics I'm uploading may just be shitty. I'll upload a pic of my hair combed forward and styled. It looks a lot better than these pictures do justice. Lol.

Jpon541

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I think i just have to wait. Let's see where I'm at in january