6 Month Ru Trial - Weekly Photos And Progress

hopeforhappiness

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m gonna explain.
Minoxidil causes shedding in order for better hair follicles to grow. If your hair falling off have a white dot on their back end, don’t worry. If they have nothing, it’s hair loss and you should start Finasteride, sadly.

I was under the impression that the 'white dot' is not really a definitive indicator.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
WTF is happening. I can’t even touch my head anymore. All hair types mostly much thinner than normal are dropping constantly. My hairline is going fast. Could the RU be causing this change? Could it be the oral minoxidil? I was maintaining, losing but nothing like this. I’m at the point where the loss will become visible and obvious. I’d try Finasteride but at the current shed rate and the promise of a Finasteride shed I have reason to think it could be a death blow to what Inhave left.
I shed like that every day. It’s the oral minoxidil. Never changed.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
So is it possible that RU could be helping hairline regrowth while causing absolute destruction of vertex and crown density? I’m seeing a ton of new growth at hairline but the top of my head is a thin broken mess. I’m still dropping 50-100 each shower and pretty much anytime I touch my head I have a hair fall out. Not sure if I should stop RU, only use on hairline?

I’m not ready to mess with Finasteride. I know it works for some people but I’m just afraid of it.
Oral minoxidil shedding. Same for me. Nothing has ever stopped it.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was under the impression that the 'white dot' is not really a definitive indicator.
Just means they were already in telegen and going to fall anyway. Tapered ends are not so good because those are often miniturised or miniturising

hopeforhappiness

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
  • Just means they were already in telegen and going to fall anyway. Tapered ends are not so good because those are often miniturised or miniturising

Yeah I've read this a bunch but I wonder just how much of a taper we're reffering to ? Shouldn't there be a slight taper regardless considering the root is actually in the follicle ? Or is a healthy hair just a straight/flush diameter all the way to the bulb ?

Last edited:

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I've read this a bunch but I wonder just how much of a taper we're reffering to ? Shouldn't there be a slight taper regardless considering the root is actually in the follicle ? Or is a healthy hair just a straight/flush diameter all the way to the bulb ?
Well the thing is that hairs can vary if you have Androgenetic Alopecia, but what you want to look for is the white bulb at the end. That means that the hair still has a root. If it has no white bulb, it’s dead. Gone. Follicle has shrunken.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Almost all lack a white bulb. I was optimistic that I had that part wrong. I’ll assume no regrowth for the majority of what is now falling out. The shed rate is what’s most alarming. Easy 200 plus. Does that mean the follicule is dead or can it still be kept active? These are mostly long hairs 4-8 inches.

I’m having a hard time understanding cycles of miniaturization. The dermatologist has said ‘overtime’ but it seems like this can/has happened in a single cycle?

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey bluecyclone, have been reading over your thread as I am waiting for my RU to come in the mail. Have your temples improved at all ? Have you seen any decrease in shedding since you fixed your dosage ?
No change in the shedding. 3 months in and a steady increase. Hairline seems like it is holding and there is mild thickening of the vellus hair at the hairline. The rapid thinning is happening behind the hairline in ancenter out shape vertex.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
After the RU my hair feels like it’s dripping off. Not sure if that captures it but beyond a shed it seems to come out with even a slight touch or tug. If it is DHT shouldn’t the RU block some portion from damaging the follicules? I’m still in a 2 year window and I’ll just about any local option. I’ve been advised against Finasteride by two urologists and an endocrinologist.

Attachments

• 67D6766D-33AB-4229-A276-D7A7034E492A.jpeg
    67D6766D-33AB-4229-A276-D7A7034E492A.jpeg
    264.1 KB · Views: 582

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well the thing is that hairs can vary if you have Androgenetic Alopecia, but what you want to look for is the white bulb at the end. That means that the hair still has a root. If it has no white bulb, it’s dead. Gone. Follicle has shrunken.

You sure about that? If I pull my hair in my donor area it’s never with a white bulb.

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
After the RU my hair feels like it’s dripping off. Not sure if that captures it but beyond a shed it seems to come out with even a slight touch or tug. If it is DHT shouldn’t the RU block some portion from damaging the follicules? I’m still in a 2 year window and I’ll just about any local option. I’ve been advised against Finasteride by two urologists and an endocrinologist.

They’ve been adviced against Finasteride but not against RU?

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have not told them about the RU. My understanding is that it is low impact serum wise.

That’s the theory yes in reality no one knows, especially on the long run. I would still first gamble with propecia than some questionable compounds from China. And the fact that RU did jack sh*t for many people ( probably the majority ) it’s an easy choice.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
You sure about that? If I pull my hair in my donor area it’s never with a white bulb.
That’s because you’re probably pulling out hair that isn’t in telogen. If you just yank out an anagen hair it has a black/brown bulb

Joan

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That’s because you’re probably pulling out hair that isn’t in telogen. If you just yank out an anagen hair it has a black/brown bulb
The majority of hairs I shed have almost invisible bulbs and appear to be dark brown until I put a strand against something black. Only then can I see a tiny speck of white at the end. I'm thinking those are catagen hairs, since I believe anagen bulbs are gel like. Or maybe I'm losing hairs as they just begin the telogen phase. :(

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hit the six month mark. I still can pass as a NW1.5/2 but I am now noticing the hairline miniaturization about a full .5 inch across and some deep cuts at both temples.

I could even manage the recession but the over all loss of density is most troubling. Shedding long normal hairs.

Can’t tell if RU helped or hurt. I’m going to keep on going. I might not be using enough as 10g has lasted me 6 full months? I am doing 60mg in 6ml ED. All dry photos.

Dreading Propecia but maybe at a tipping point? Best case would some grow back? I still see tons of little hairs.

I still need to wear a loose ponytail to keep it out of my face. It’s too thin to stay back without. Is this doing damage?

Any other ideas? Please don’t weigh in to tell me how much hair I have. I’m trying to save what’s going fast in just a few years.

Attachments

• D26362DB-6FAC-4449-BBE0-266B06A2D1A1.jpeg
    D26362DB-6FAC-4449-BBE0-266B06A2D1A1.jpeg
    220.3 KB · Views: 525
  • 7937A447-283B-4AAD-BDFE-1DBF3A6B8FD4.jpeg
    7937A447-283B-4AAD-BDFE-1DBF3A6B8FD4.jpeg
    190 KB · Views: 468
  • 1E54D795-A2BE-4707-A64D-FF186B287C09.jpeg
    1E54D795-A2BE-4707-A64D-FF186B287C09.jpeg
    188.8 KB · Views: 499
  • 7B79A3BA-8C77-46FF-A5A2-7D4BBF66984E.jpeg
    7B79A3BA-8C77-46FF-A5A2-7D4BBF66984E.jpeg
    196.9 KB · Views: 490
  • DE4615B1-F70F-42F5-AF05-A41ED6BF7FAE.jpeg
    DE4615B1-F70F-42F5-AF05-A41ED6BF7FAE.jpeg
    182 KB · Views: 492

el_duterino

Reaction score
You have long hair this does not work well with a topical like RU as a lot sticks to hair but the amount is unpredictable so it's hard to control how much actually goes into the scalp each time

In other words it could be 30mg one day and 10mg the next day you have no way of knowing how much to use and no way of getting a constant amount required to halt male pattern baldness

This was my experience with long hair

Try using more RU until you get sides or cut your hair very short

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I definitely get a good bit in the hair and I am worried it’s not dissolved fully in the Stemoxydine. I’m using the Keraste Vials 6ml a day. I’m afraid rolling or anything might do more harm than good. So far no sides but some additional weight with no change in diet.

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I definitely get a good bit in the hair and I am worried it’s not dissolved fully in the Stemoxydine. I’m using the Keraste Vials 6ml a day. I’m afraid rolling or anything might do more harm than good. So far no sides but some additional weight with no change in diet.

try another anti androgen like topical bicalutamide/flutamide on one corner of your hairline. You have not way of knowing if RU is working orif this is the rate at which you hairloss would progress. Id say if you add one of those to one side of your hairline you could very easily judge how/if ru is working for you

also you can try doing something like that oral winstrol which is know to merc hair during long cycles to see how much hair you loose after just one pill. You will probably get very strong itching of the scalp and shedding, then try applying RU to see if it stop the itching of the shedding. If it does you know its working an you just need to give it more time. At this rate you can be going on for a year without any idea if ru is working or youre just losing more hair tho