6 Month Ru Trial - Weekly Photos And Progress

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I get it. I’m just trying to get a better understanding of my odds shouldn’t i try Finasteride. To me the biggest risk is a remarkable shed with no recovery rather than riding out a natural decline. I made he mistake with minoxidil and having similar results with RU.
Never recall a person over 40 who started on finasteride with as much hair as you did and had a shed that they never recovered from. In the studies for men over 40, the results were actually better for some older guys than younger guys. You are also at the age where it would not hurt if your prostate shrunk a little since most of the time it tends to enlarge as we get older.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks @DoctorHouse I know I’m over thinking it but just haven’t good luck with anything so far... I’m even shedding on RU. I do think I need to get my Ferritin up or nothing is going to grow.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
WTF is happening. I can’t even touch my head anymore. All hair types mostly much thinner than normal are dropping constantly. My hairline is going fast. Could the RU be causing this change? Could it be the oral minoxidil? I was maintaining, losing but nothing like this. I’m at the point where the loss will become visible and obvious. I’d try Finasteride but at the current shed rate and the promise of a Finasteride shed I have reason to think it could be a death blow to what Inhave left.

Attachments

• CC23024D-F891-4E31-B2DA-5B0FA29C21B5.jpeg
    CC23024D-F891-4E31-B2DA-5B0FA29C21B5.jpeg
    80.7 KB · Views: 578

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
WTF is happening. I can’t even touch my head anymore. All hair types mostly much thinner than normal are dropping constantly. My hairline is going fast. Could the RU be causing this change? Could it be the oral minoxidil? I was maintaining, losing but nothing like this. I’m at the point where the loss will become visible and obvious. I’d try Finasteride but at the current shed rate and the promise of a Finasteride shed I have reason to think it could be a death blow to what Inhave left.
More people complain of sheds on minoxidil than finasteride.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can’t deal with this anymore. Everything I try makes it worse my hair has been destroyed in under two years. Makes no sense. My DHT was 24 off the charts low so Finasteride seems like a terrible gamble.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I can’t deal with this anymore. Everything I try makes it worse my hair has been destroyed in under two years. Makes no sense. My DHT was 24 off the charts low so Finasteride seems like a terrible gamble.
You have nothing to lose going on finasteride because you are already losing literally and figuratively.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Could lose my health. The only offset I have going on right now is that at 41 I look like I’m 30. The hair is big part of that. I know it’s morbid but I started throwing hair in a bag in December and it’s insane. This is just from my bathroom after drying and brushing.

I’m venting. I guess my real question is could the RU be making it worse? Could the minoxidil be making it worse?

Attachments

• 41A9D465-676A-4309-AE60-4831D84BEAFF.jpeg
    41A9D465-676A-4309-AE60-4831D84BEAFF.jpeg
    77.1 KB · Views: 699

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Could lose my health. The only offset I have going on right now is that at 41 I look like I’m 30. The hair is big part of that. I know it’s morbid but I started throwing hair in a bag in December and it’s insane. This is just from my bathroom after drying and brushing.

I’m venting. I guess my real question is could the RU be making it worse? Could the minoxidil be making it worse?
I would lean toward minoxidil as it tends to cause shedding a lot.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
less than a month and temples are GONE.

Attachments

• IMG_2141.jpg
    IMG_2141.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 718
  • IMG_2143.jpg
    IMG_2143.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 697

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
less than a month and temples are GONE.

Use Finasteride, but I doubt the combination of Finasteride and Minoxidil would make it worse.

It might just be genes, hopefully that's not the case for you. Best of luck.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry man. I’m sticking with it but it has taken a bad turn in just two months. Was optimistic I could buy a year with RU only. I may up my dose right now I’m using 50mg in 2ml stemox once per day.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just realize my math was awful and I was mixing 50mg into 6ml not 2ml. Going to fix and give it another month.

Alex Contee

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just realize my math was awful and I was mixing 50mg into 6ml not 2ml. Going to fix and give it another month.
So many questions. Are you applying 50mg/6ml a night? That seems like an overkill of alcohol on your scalp for 50 mg.

When did you start oral minoxidil? It can give you incredibly bad sheds after a month.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Been on oral minoxidil low dose (1.25) since July. I use the RU in the am, I’m mixing it into a kerastase 6ml stemox vial everyday. Can’t tell what’s going on... still shedding.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
So is it possible that RU could be helping hairline regrowth while causing absolute destruction of vertex and crown density? I’m seeing a ton of new growth at hairline but the top of my head is a thin broken mess. I’m still dropping 50-100 each shower and pretty much anytime I touch my head I have a hair fall out. Not sure if I should stop RU, only use on hairline?

I’m not ready to mess with Finasteride. I know it works for some people but I’m just afraid of it.

Attachments

• 5909A2B3-061E-4941-8150-DCA93CE8C33A.jpeg
    5909A2B3-061E-4941-8150-DCA93CE8C33A.jpeg
    190.2 KB · Views: 592

hopeforhappiness

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So is it possible that RU could be helping hairline regrowth while causing absolute destruction of vertex and crown density? I’m seeing a ton of new growth at hairline but the top of my head is a thin broken mess. I’m still dropping 50-100 each shower and pretty much anytime I touch my head I have a hair fall out. Not sure if I should stop RU, only use on hairline?

I’m not ready to mess with Finasteride. I know it works for some people but I’m just afraid of it.

Hey bluecyclone, have been reading over your thread as I am waiting for my RU to come in the mail. Have your temples improved at all ? Have you seen any decrease in shedding since you fixed your dosage ?