6 Month Ru Trial - Weekly Photos And Progress

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I get it. Maybe it looks slow but the change is two years is shocking.

I’m going to try the drug despite my doctors advice. I was going to try the topical but couldn’t source it. Should I expect a shed? I don’t even know what to look for to ‘quit immediately’ that’s what I’m most concerned about staying in too long and doing life long damage or quitting too soon to know if it works. I don’t have things like an itch or inflammation. I just shed a ton of hair everyday for 2 years.

Just met with head of Andrology at Norwood. Said I should rule out any other options and that he has numerous patients with PFS. I’m going to try topical if I can get it or .25 daily if I can’t after freezing a sample. Wish Seti or RU made a difference.

Attachments

• D6E2203F-5364-49A5-AFB7-D6F65204519E.jpeg
    D6E2203F-5364-49A5-AFB7-D6F65204519E.jpeg
    51.4 KB · Views: 518

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Question about assessment/responsiveness.

Almost 8 months on RU

After a month hair quality seemed to increase (could have been the Stemox) mild mild gyno that went away.

At month 6 hairline started to show significant decline and temples going. This area had been ok and most of the loss was diffuse.

Hair is worse now at 8 months. Should I quit outright if I try topical Finasteride option?

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Question about assessment/responsiveness.

Almost 8 months on RU

After a month hair quality seemed to increase (could have been the Stemox) mild mild gyno that went away.

At month 6 hairline started to show significant decline and temples going. This area had been ok and most of the loss was diffuse.

Hair is worse now at 8 months. Should I quit outright if I try topical Finasteride option?

Try topical finasteride, ru is trash. Compared to topical finasteride ru is dead skin.

How long does it take for you to make a decision dude? How are you gonna make topical finasteride? You gonna use the source I gave you?

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just realied my RU isn’t even dissolving in the stem. Waste of time .

I’m working on the topical Finasteride from Italy. If not Dr. Konior is going to compound it for me August 8th.

6th months I might have well just lit my hair on Fire. Horrible decline in the RU agree it is useless garbage or I messed up the mix.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Will the Finasteride shed destroy what’s left of my hairline? It was solid before I started the RU.

Attachments

• D737AD23-4A0A-4487-8B43-6ECE12E757B0.jpeg
    D737AD23-4A0A-4487-8B43-6ECE12E757B0.jpeg
    177.3 KB · Views: 512

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know I’ve been luckier than a lot of guys in here. Since it started to go it’s been falling fast. Know I need to do something. But damn Finasteride reads like the scariest game of Russian roulette. I mean unless my perspective is skewed by these forums. It seems like there is always a shed, always some sides, possible it never works and possible the sides take years to go away.

inmyhead

Reaction score
I know I’ve been luckier than a lot of guys in here. Since it started to go it’s been falling fast. Know I need to do something. But damn Finasteride reads like the scariest game of Russian roulette. I mean unless my perspective is skewed by these forums. It seems like there is always a shed, always some sides, possible it never works and possible the sides take years to go away.
Have in mind, that this forum is full of crazy/mentally weak people.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
@DoctorHouse any thoughts on this theory given the immediate correlation of Hairloss after 40 and the onset of thyroid disfunction?
I’m ready to go on a Finasteride trial but still doubtful androgens are the primary cause. I didn’t response to RU. Thyroid levels still hypo even back on meds.

I have little to no itch.

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
@DoctorHouse any thoughts on this theory given the immediate correlation of Hairloss after 40 and the onset of thyroid disfunction?
I’m ready to go on a Finasteride trial but still doubtful androgens are the primary cause. I didn’t response to RU. Thyroid levels still hypo even back on meds.

I have little to no itch.

That guy is a f*****g crank totally full of sh*t

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
So it’s really take the Propecia risk or go bald. I thought the low Ferritin had to matter somewhere if I’m trying to regrow. But my beard is growing so I don’t know.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think I’m going to be cool with greeting, in fact greying in my opinion takes the edge off of balding. Older guys grey and balding look normal to me. This diffuse long black hair mess looks creepy.

I’m still on the RU and I’m starting a 1% topical Finasteride. I had mild RU sides. It’s just a mess. Anythoufgts on CB?

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This may sound wrong but Sometimes I ask myself if the hair needs "some" dht to grow. Hair overall the body uses DHT, and the scalp hair dies over an excess of dht.
Anyway, bluecyclone,
Maybe you really need some stimulus... Minoxidil + dermarolling

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve been on oral minoxidil 2.5 for over a year. My hair, while half of the density of two years ago, is still dense to the point that it makes topicals difficult. I tried dermarolljng once, think I ripped up some hair.

Still on the RU 60 ED, mild sides

Have 1% topical Finasteride
And oral Finasteride .5

Need to try one of the latter ASAP.

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve been on oral minoxidil 2.5 for over a year. My hair, while half of the density of two years ago, is still dense to the point that it makes topicals difficult. I tried dermarolljng once, think I ripped up some hair.

Still on the RU 60 ED, mild sides

Have 1% topical Finasteride
And oral Finasteride .5

Need to try one of the latter ASAP.
Go for the oral 0.5 finasteride

OfficialWater

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know I’m late on this but the side effects aren’t incredibly common on finasteride and I think it’s worth it to save the hair.

Also use the derma roller as a stamp and just press it down on the skin then roll it forward a bit then press down again. That’s what I do because it used to tear up my hair as well.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
can treatments cause a chronic Telogen Effluvium. This is my daily struggle. Noticeable decrease in density. Can’t tell if I’m hanging in cosmetically because of my crazy baseline or maybe the RU or oral minoxidil is helping?

I dread showering these days. Is it true hairs lost in the shower or in brushing are ‘already dead and detached’ according to my dermatologist?

Attachments

• D0F8EBC9-ECF3-4B21-9DE4-C61CAC878488.jpeg
    D0F8EBC9-ECF3-4B21-9DE4-C61CAC878488.jpeg
    71.2 KB · Views: 367