Zeroheat's Story-(Temple loss, Big 3, 962 days update pg37)

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the amazing results! I've been taking finasteride for about 7 months now and I've seen some regrowth around the hairline and overall my hair seems darker and thicker as well but It's not where i'd like it to be. I'm thinking of adding minoxidil to my regime but I'm unsure how to go about it and which brand I should buy, I'm looking to use it once a day at night. What do you recommend?
Kirkland liquid from E-bay. Apply 1.5 ml - 2 ml before you go to sleep..

- - - Updated - - -

zeroheart, how bad was your sides when they were at worst? Could you describe little more about your sides? Didnt u think about sex, or didnt u get hard or softer erection?

And how long it took until they were gone and how ur sexdrive and erections are now?
My side effect was pretty serious.. my semen was completely watery, and I did not feel aroused at all. It was hard to get erection, and when I did, it was half-hard. This continued for about 3 months and then it eventually came back.. it took me like 6 months to become completely normal. My sex drive and erections are completely fine now.. my gf often complains about how rough and hard I am.

mosd

Established Member
Reaction score
great man! Good 2 hear, thanks for your answer.

I Have been taking 0.25 for a couple of month and the sides are starting to get to my head. When im having sex with my gf all im thinking is maybe im not full hard, maybe this maybe that. What if she gives me a blowjob and i dont get hard and im feeling litte afraid and sometimes have to have sex just to show to myself that i can.

We are having sex maybe 3-4 days a week and have been together for 5 years, also i masturbate maybe 7-8 times a week. But i think about sex often and have morning wood but do feel that its not 100% maybe 85%

Thanks for your answer man!

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score
great man! Good 2 hear, thanks for your answer.

I Have been taking 0.25 for a couple of month and the sides are starting to get to my head. When im having sex with my gf all im thinking is maybe im not full hard, maybe this maybe that. What if she gives me a blowjob and i dont get hard and im feeling litte afraid and sometimes have to have sex just to show to myself that i can.

We are having sex maybe 3-4 days a week and have been together for 5 years, also i masturbate maybe 7-8 times a week. But i think about sex often and have morning wood but do feel that its not 100% maybe 85%

Thanks for your answer man!
Yep. Just don't think about side effects too much.

Francisco

Reaction score
How's it going? Quick question if you have time to answer. I'm about 8 month into finasteride 2/22/14. For about 3-4 months starting finasteride I was taking it on M-W-F schedule. Around 4th or 5th month into it I decided that since I had no sides it was okay to up it to every other day intake (1mg Generic finasteride from Costco) Now I'm in 8th month on finasteride nothing dramatic regrowth. Shedding like much for longest. But nothing significant as far as growth or thickness. Do you think I should up it to once a day for finasteride? Or better off waiting it out till the years up and then increase the intake to once a day (1mg nightly)?

Side note prior to taking finasteride (2/22/14) I've been using Minoxidil Kirkland 5% nightly for about year and half before starting finasteride. Of course I kept using the Minoxidil in combination to starting finasteride.

booyajones1812

Reaction score
Congrats on great results zeroheat. I genuinely envy you, this hairloss problem is eating away at my life.

My question to you is how long does the shed from propecia/finasteride last? Will I still go through a shed if I have already gone through it with minoxidil?

Koga

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi zeroheat,

Great results! Damn. Mind to answer these questions?
- Do you still use the Ryeo shampoo? Do you wash your hair everyday?
- Do you think nizoral was/is a useful weapon in the battle? Did you use 1% or 2% and how often?
- Did you always use 1.5 ml minoxidil? Only once a day? Why not 1 ml or 2ml ?
- Finally, are you still or did you eventually wind up using multivitamins?

Again, congratulations with the result!

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score
How's it going? Quick question if you have time to answer. I'm about 8 month into finasteride 2/22/14. For about 3-4 months starting finasteride I was taking it on M-W-F schedule. Around 4th or 5th month into it I decided that since I had no sides it was okay to up it to every other day intake (1mg Generic finasteride from Costco) Now I'm in 8th month on finasteride nothing dramatic regrowth. Shedding like much for longest. But nothing significant as far as growth or thickness. Do you think I should up it to once a day for finasteride? Or better off waiting it out till the years up and then increase the intake to once a day (1mg nightly)?

Side note prior to taking finasteride (2/22/14) I've been using Minoxidil Kirkland 5% nightly for about year and half before starting finasteride. Of course I kept using the Minoxidil in combination to starting finasteride.
I suggest you take finasteride once a day starting right away.. 1mg/day is the best/proven dosage for a reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats on great results zeroheat. I genuinely envy you, this hairloss problem is eating away at my life.

My question to you is how long does the shed from propecia/finasteride last? Will I still go through a shed if I have already gone through it with minoxidil?
My shedding didn't last THAT long. 2-3 months at best IIRC.. but it's been too long. You will probably experience shedding with finasteride.. it works differently. (compared to minoxidil)

- - - Updated - - -

Hi zeroheat,

Great results! Damn. Mind to answer these questions?
- Do you still use the Ryeo shampoo? Do you wash your hair everyday?
- Do you think nizoral was/is a useful weapon in the battle? Did you use 1% or 2% and how often?
- Did you always use 1.5 ml minoxidil? Only once a day? Why not 1 ml or 2ml ?
- Finally, are you still or did you eventually wind up using multivitamins?

Again, congratulations with the result!
- I still use "Ryo" Shampoo. My mother, who had some hairloss issue as well, started using that shampoo because I was using it, and experienced improvement.
- I don't think nizoral was THAT useful. I've stopped using it completely for like 3-4 years now. I used 1% 2-3 times a week way back.
- I started with 1 ml twice a day when I was student, then eventually moved to 1.5 ml - 2 ml at nighttime only. This is because I got a job and I can't style my hair in the morning with minoxidil on my hair. 1.5 ml - 2 ml at nighttime only is doing its job.. I apply it at night and wash my hair in the morning.
- I occasionally take multivitamins.. 2-3 times a week maybe. This is for my health, and not for my hair.

Parsia

Established Member
Reaction score
I suggest you take finasteride once a day starting right away.. 1mg/day is the best/proven dosage for a reason.

- - - Updated - - -

My shedding didn't last THAT long. 2-3 months at best IIRC.. but it's been too long. You will probably experience shedding with finasteride.. it works differently. (compared to minoxidil)

- - - Updated - - -

- I still use "Ryo" Shampoo. My mother, who had some hairloss issue as well, started using that shampoo because I was using it, and experienced improvement.
- I don't think nizoral was THAT useful. I've stopped using it completely for like 3-4 years now. I used 1% 2-3 times a week way back.
- I started with 1 ml twice a day when I was student, then eventually moved to 1.5 ml - 2 ml at nighttime only. This is because I got a job and I can't style my hair in the morning with minoxidil on my hair. 1.5 ml - 2 ml at nighttime only is doing its job.. I apply it at night and wash my hair in the morning.
- I occasionally take multivitamins.. 2-3 times a week maybe. This is for my health, and not for my hair.

Oh great result , congratulations man !! I can't believe that how lucky you are , for the shampoo is it
www.amazon.com/Ryeo-Yang-Shampoo-Gr...8&qid=1414943938&sr=8-6&keywords=Ryeo+shampoo

I found cheaper on amazon than ebay but still not sure if its the same one which you have use ? I really don't know korean to translate ! :)

Thanks for sharing us your result

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score
Parsia, that's the one I use. The purple one. It won't make your hair grow overnight, but I think it's a very good supplement to BIG 3.

skip2mylou

Reaction score
Did you ever end up getting that hair transplant you were talking about? Or was it unnecessary after using big 3?

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score
Did you ever end up getting that hair transplant you were talking about? Or was it unnecessary after using big 3?
Nope, never got the hair transplant done.. my hair is holding up longer than I expected and it was unnecessary. We'll see how long I can maintain.

- - - Updated - - -

hey zeroheat did u ever experienced any side effect from MINIOX. coz i have been reading many threads regarding the wrinkles,dark circle and skin aging side effects of minoxidil.

ref: http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interac...fects-(wrinkles-dark-circles)-and-alternative
I remember my eyes feeling a bit weird when I initially started minoxidil. No side effects from minoxidil now. People actually compliment my skin (I've always had good skin though)

kuca

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hey zeroheat did you used film proscar pills and can you split tham if thay are film pills. thank you for your answeer

kuca

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What is a film proscar pill? I use the generic, circular version of the pill.

i wanted to tell did you used
film-coated proscar tablebts from mareck and can you split theam if thay are film coated?

isishearmyplea

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hi!! did your scalp feel weird during the regrowth? i mean where all the regrowth happnd??

isishearmyplea

Experienced Member
Reaction score
okay. . i get some sensations in my thinning/temple areas, sometimes i can feel the blood pumping etc . . lol. . .god knows what is that. Take care man.

chvschaithanya

Reaction score
small doubts

Hi Zeroheat,

I just want to know one thing, if any one start using minoxidil and finasteride for hair regwroth, should he continue it for his entire life (coz i read in other websites saying that, if you stop using, all the hair that has regrown will be lost)

and how much you are spending for month on these things ??? ( just wanted to know whether i can afford or not)