Zeroheat's Story-(Temple loss, Big 3, 962 days update pg37)

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, you should continue using them for the rest of your life once you start using them. It's just the way it is.
I spend less than $20 per month for my finasteride/minoxidil. They are both generic.
Hi Zeroheat,

I just want to know one thing, if any one start using minoxidil and finasteride for hair regwroth, should he continue it for his entire life (coz i read in other websites saying that, if you stop using, all the hair that has regrown will be lost)

and how much you are spending for month on these things ??? ( just wanted to know whether i can afford or not)

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My side effect was pretty serious.. my semen was completely watery, and I did not feel aroused at all. It was hard to get erection, and when I did, it was half-hard. This continued for about 3 months and then it eventually came back.. it took me like 6 months to become completely normal. My sex drive and erections are completely fine now.. my gf often complains about how rough and hard I am.
Thanks for that note, gives me hope!

PileOn

Established Member
Reaction score
hey zeroheat, would you ever get on dutasteride in the future and how do you prevent stains from minoxidil when you sleep? thanks

unluckyguy

Reaction score
hey zeroheat, have you been religiously applying minoxodil every day or have you skipped days?

when you skip days do you see any affect on your hair?

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score
hey zeroheat, would you ever get on dutasteride in the future and how do you prevent stains from minoxidil when you sleep? thanks
If things go really bad then I might try duta.. but I'm leaning towards getting a hair transplant, because it is now affordable for someone who works full-time. I cannot prevent stains from minoxidil. I wash my pillow cover often.

- - - Updated - - -

hey zeroheat, have you been religiously applying minoxodil every day or have you skipped days?

when you skip days do you see any affect on your hair?
I sometimes do not apply minoxidil.. this happens like 2-3 times a month. I think I skipped minoxidil for like 2 weeks when I was going through the army's basic training. No effect on my hair so far.

chvschaithanya

Reaction score
Help

Hi Zeroheat,

My age is 24 and my hair is getting thin in the frontal part. Right now it is better than your first photo(before applying), but i am sure i will get bald in three four years. I followed your thread and you are an inspiration to lot of people like me, i learnt from your thread that it is good to use BIG 3 as early as possible to get better results. So, i want to know your opinion on trying it, what you feel after using it for 5 years, do you feel any side effects now... and please give me the details of your daily regimen (what brand you are using and how much and when), so that i will make sure myself from doing any mistake....

Koga

Established Member
Reaction score
Are you still using Nizoral though? I thought you quit nizoral some time ago?

Also I was wondering when you take your finasteride? Morning/evening, etc.? Any supplements? Special diet?

EDIT: I belive you're using the Ryeo shampoo? I really wanna try this, I keep reading superb reviews about this product. Could you tell us where the different colors stand for, please?

I think
- red is for dry hair ?
- brown is fro very dry / damaged hair ?
- purple is for dandruff ?
- blue ??
- green ??

Which one would be best suited for hair loss?

ryeo-shampoo-all-2.jpg

zakkwild

Reaction score
Hello Zeroheat
I have been on proscar for 2 years no minoxidil no nizoral just proscar(1.25 daily). I had a good result but not as yours, my hair stopped shedding and no sides.

Lately around november 2014 until now, I face a big shed. Always see my hair around my table, my sink after washing hair, and somtimes on the pillow in the morning. Have you faced this shedding before ? I just want to know is it normal to shed like this?
I hope the shed will be stopped.

thanks for replying
sorry for my bad english.

another question

does coffee cause hairloss?
lately, i have been on 3 cup of coffee daily.

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Zeroheat,

My age is 24 and my hair is getting thin in the frontal part. Right now it is better than your first photo(before applying), but i am sure i will get bald in three four years. I followed your thread and you are an inspiration to lot of people like me, i learnt from your thread that it is good to use BIG 3 as early as possible to get better results. So, i want to know your opinion on trying it, what you feel after using it for 5 years, do you feel any side effects now... and please give me the details of your daily regimen (what brand you are using and how much and when), so that i will make sure myself from doing any mistake....
No sides.. 1.25mg generic proscar + 1.5ml - 2ml kirkland minoxidil before I go to sleep at night.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you still using Nizoral though? I thought you quit nizoral some time ago?

Also I was wondering when you take your finasteride? Morning/evening, etc.? Any supplements? Special diet?

EDIT: I belive you're using the Ryeo shampoo? I really wanna try this, I keep reading superb reviews about this product. Could you tell us where the different colors stand for, please?

I think
- red is for dry hair ?
- brown is fro very dry / damaged hair ?
- purple is for dandruff ?
- blue ??
- green ??

Which one would be best suited for hair loss?

View attachment 30407
Yes, I quit nizoral long long time ago. I take finasteride before I go to sleep at night. No special supplements really.
and YES I use Ryo shampoo. Absolutely love it. The picture you posted is blurry and I can't read what it says, but I use the purple one. It's for the oily hair. My hair is obviously oily because I apply minoxidil. That purple shampoo makes your scalp feel "cool".. I really love that shampoo. It is a good supplement to BIG 2.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello Zeroheat
I have been on proscar for 2 years no minoxidil no nizoral just proscar(1.25 daily). I had a good result but not as yours, my hair stopped shedding and no sides.

Lately around november 2014 until now, I face a big shed. Always see my hair around my table, my sink after washing hair, and somtimes on the pillow in the morning. Have you faced this shedding before ? I just want to know is it normal to shed like this?
I hope the shed will be stopped.

thanks for replying
sorry for my bad english.

another question

does coffee cause hairloss?
lately, i have been on 3 cup of coffee daily.
Hmm, I don't remember going through a big shed 2 years in. I experienced huge shedding 2-3 months in.. and that was the only shedding I that I can remember. You just gotta continue taking proscar no matter the shedding. Just continue.. it's better than not taking it.. and no, coffee does not cause hairloss.

Koga

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your quick answer. Any idea though about the other colors? Is the purple one specific for hair loss or is the entire Ryeo range for hair loss? I have an itchy scalp (caused by, I believe, the overly drying effects of the alcohol in minoxidil), should I use the purple one? Or will it make my itchy scalp worse? Nizoral makes in worse, for example. I heard about the 'cooling' effect of the shampoo though.. other reviewers too claimed that it decreased their shedding.

gg9880

Reaction score
hello zeroheat...
i'm newbie here. this is my first post

I wanna ask about my hair
i start treatment in sept 2014 and after 3month any good progress. But when month 4th my hair sheeding again 30-40/day.
my regimen :
- finasteride 1mg/day
- minoxidil 1ml twice / day (morning and night)
- local shampo avery morning

what should i do?
still continue with my regimen or change any treatment?
thx...
wait your reply...

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your quick answer. Any idea though about the other colors? Is the purple one specific for hair loss or is the entire Ryeo range for hair loss? I have an itchy scalp (caused by, I believe, the overly drying effects of the alcohol in minoxidil), should I use the purple one? Or will it make my itchy scalp worse? Nizoral makes in worse, for example. I heard about the 'cooling' effect of the shampoo though.. other reviewers too claimed that it decreased their shedding.
The entire Ryo line is for hairloss.. and purple one is the one you should use for itchy scalp.

- - - Updated - - -

hello zeroheat...
i'm newbie here. this is my first post

I wanna ask about my hair
i start treatment in sept 2014 and after 3month any good progress. But when month 4th my hair sheeding again 30-40/day.
my regimen :
- finasteride 1mg/day
- minoxidil 1ml twice / day (morning and night)
- local shampo avery morning

what should i do?
still continue with my regimen or change any treatment?
thx...
wait your reply...
Keep going with your regimen. You are doing what you can.

boldmun

Reaction score
No sides.. 1.25mg generic proscar + 1.5ml - 2ml kirkland minoxidil before I go to sleep at night.

Yes, I quit nizoral long long time ago. I take finasteride before I go to sleep at night. No special supplements really.
and YES I use Ryo shampoo. Absolutely love it. The picture you posted is blurry and I can't read what it says, but I use the purple one. It's for the oily hair. My hair is obviously oily because I apply minoxidil. That purple shampoo makes your scalp feel "cool".. I really love that shampoo. It is a good supplement to BIG 2.

Thanks for the recommendation of Ryeo shampoo. I was going to use Regenepure days I don't use nizorol but bought this instead. I noticed on the amazon listing it said that it was "Approved by Ministry of Food and Drug Safety for root-strengthening and scalp circulation." How many times a week do you use it?

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendation of Ryeo shampoo. I was going to use Regenepure days I don't use nizorol but bought this instead. I noticed on the amazon listing it said that it was "Approved by Ministry of Food and Drug Safety for root-strengthening and scalp circulation." How many times a week do you use it?
It's my daily shampoo

craig.jonathan

Reaction score
Hi, zeroheat! I see your progress from the first page & it's amazing!

I heard that using minoxidil will only effective for the first 2 years. Do you feel any shedding in recent years so you have to increase the dosage?
Btw, any pics updates this year?

lydora

Reaction score
Can't be arsed to go back and find the post to quote it; but with regard to the "Asians respond better to treatment" logic, imo it's less about them responding better and more about their hair characteristics giving them a very lucid visual impact.

Either way, massive grats zero :)

simtastic

Reaction score
hi zeroheat,
i am 19 & was Norwood 2.5 & started with finasteride 1mg & Minoxdil 10% 3 months ago.
Now i have started to notice some sides from Finastride
1.Weak erections
2.Watery semen
3.low libido
4.loss of morningwood
my question is there any chances that my sides will subside with continued usage, if yes than how long should i wait before discontinuation of finasteride??
& also if i quit finasteride what could be the alternative?

Parry

Reaction score
Hi zeroheat, have been following your thread. Hats off for your regimen & success achieved.

I have been applying minoxidil 5% - 1ml daily & using Nizral once a week for around 3months now.

Started finasteride 1mg once daily, 15days back & now facing its side effects (weak erection & loss of morningwood).

Pls advice me further, as I too intend querying same as simtastic's post above. Awaiting your reply.