Zeroheat's Story-(Temple loss, Big 3, 962 days update pg37)

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score
Zeroheat's Story-(Temple loss, Big 3, 5 years update pg 46)

Ok, I've been reading this forum like crazy for the past month or so and finally decided to make my own thread.

I started losing hair on the temple area about 2 yrs ago.. my hair was much much longer and I didn't really notice it. My dad always had that "M" forehead and never went bald (he's 52), so I didn't think much of it. Soon after, I cut my hair short and it was much easier to style.. so everything was cool again.

Fast forward 1.5 yrs, my gf pointed it out to me.. that I was gonna go bald. I checked out my hair carefully in the mirror and only noticed the temple loss, which wasn't really "bald" to me.. it was just like my father so it wasn't a big deal.. then I dyed my hair brown and with some hair wax, no one could notice the hair loss. So that was that.

Fast forward 5 months, it was getting kinda hard to style my hair now. I had digital camera with me so I took couple of pictures with FLASH.. and I was absolutely STUNNED.. I could see my scalp! My temple loss was much more severe than I originally thought. It was at that moment that I realized.. I WAS GOING BALD. I remembered that my grandfather on father's side was bald.. and my uncle on my mother's side was super bald.. and it was my turn now.. I fell into a deep, deep depression. I even thought about ending it all (I had some other issues going on at that time). I couldn't even sleep for couple of weeks. A hat was a must when leaving the house.

I panicked and started searching the web for the miracle cure.. and found this site. I read this site 4-5 hrs a day and pretty much read everything. I got some amazing info and it did help me get out of that great depression. I'm still recovering.

Anyways, I've been on finasteride and nizoral 2% for about 1.5 months now. I just started kirkland liquid minoxidil 5% today. My hair has gotten MUCH worse during the past month or so.. I'm praying to god that this is just the "shedding" and not my male pattern baldness accelerating. I'm losing ground on the top very fast..

I can still pull off the "spiked-up" hair look by using hair wax + spray but I'm not sure how long I have left. I just got nanogen and dermmatch few days ago to prepare myself for some serious shedding from minoxidil. Nanogen is awesome, and dermmatch.. I need to learn how to use it properly.

As for the side effects, I experienced lower libido, watery jizz and softer erection (80% of what it used to be) for the first 3-4 weeks. Everything is getting better now and I think I'm at about 85% back to being normal. I just started minoxidil today and I felt dizzy for about 30 mins after applying it.. it's all ok now.

Here is my exact regimen:
- 1.25mg finasteride (Proscar 1/4) every morning
- 2% nizoral shampoo 2x week (Mon/Fri), thinking about doing it 3x per week
- 5% kirkland liquid minoxidil once every night, about 4 days a week in the morning (just can't do it for 2-3 days a week.. and I really don't have money for rogaine foam at the moment, being a student)
- black beans added to rice (I'm asian, so I eat rice daily)
- green tea every day
- multi-vitamins for men

I'm hoping for the top to thicken up and to have SOME regrowth on the temple area (I know this one is tough). I visit this forum a lot so I'll post updates very often.

Attachments

• 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    19.3 KB · Views: 60,038
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 13,882
  • oct21_2009 014.jpg
    oct21_2009 014.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 12,411

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Zeroheat's Story- (25/ losing hair and started Big 3)

deleted styled pics cuz they don't really have much purpose.. and nanogen is amazing stuff btw

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score

blink said:
great in what way?
it adds so much volume.. in the front/top area. now my hairloss is totally invisible.. it just looks like mature hairline now. this has given me tons of confidence boost and I feel much better.

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score

Small update.. I've been on

Proscar 1.25mg daily: 1 month 3 weeks
Nizoral twice a week: 1 month 2 weeks
Liquid minoxidil twice a day: 2 weeks

Surprisingly I've been able to keep up with 2x daily minoxidil.. I usually have to shampoo maybe 1.5-2 hrs into it in the morning, but that's better than nothing.

I've been shedding a lot since I started Proscar. Shedding continues, I'm probably losing around 100+ hairs per day. I really hope this is just shedding, and not my male pattern baldness accelerating. My temple loss is getting pretty bad, but I know I have to stick with it because.. well, what else can I do? I'm doing everything I can to fight it.

Good news is that most of the sides I've been getting from Proscar are gone though; no more watery jizz/weak erections.. my libido is back to 90%+. No manboobs, no brainfogs, so it's all good.

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score

Proscar: 2 months and 1 week
Nizoral: 2 months
minoxidil: 1 month

So I'm still going through a pretty big shed.. I'm losing density on the top + crown. I'm seeing small hairs coming on the temple area though.. hopefully these turn terminal. Although I'm losing density, my hair is definitely thicker and darker.. nanogen is getting me through this stage.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 7,587
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 8,282
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 5,759

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Zeroheat's Story- (Big 3)

happy new yr everyone.. today marks

1.25mg proscar: 3 months
nizoral: 2 months and 3 weeks
minoxidil: 1 month 3 weeks

I think I'm finally starting to see some changes.. shedding has decreased, crown has gotten back to normal, not sure if my top has improved or not (hair on the top is longer so it looks better), and I'm definitely seeing significant improvement on the temple area. I'm seeing tons of small hairs coming out.. it looks like many of them will turn into a terminal hair.

My libido is back to 100%.. my erection, I'd say is back to around 90% mark. Other than that, zero side effects. I also quit coffee. I hope things are finally turning around for good..

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 6,168
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 8,173
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 9,234

blink

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Zeroheat's Story- (Big 3, *UPDATE JAN 9*)

where are you getting your proscar from?

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score

raj47 said:
awesome man you are filling up to fast in temple areas ....

keep it up dude its cool,,,,,btw can you how often you use nizoral and minoxidil...
nizoral: 2-3 times a week
minoxidil: 1.2-1.5ml in the morning, 1.2-1.5ml in the evening.. most of them are applied in the temple area.

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score

blink said:
where are you getting your proscar from?
local pharmacy, my doctor was nice enough to prescribe me with proscar from the beginning

Halp

Reaction score
Re: Zeroheat's Story- (Temple loss, Big 3, *UPDATE JAN 9*)

Wow nice, looks good. The shedding thing looks seriously terrifying.

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score

ABandInHope said:
Yeah, I thought I was heading straight to NW7.. it was seriously depressing. I don't think I can go through the shedding process again..

Draco88

Established Member
Reaction score

zeroheat said:
ABandInHope said:
Yeah, I thought I was heading straight to NW7.. it was seriously depressing. I don't think I can go through the shedding process again..
Is this when you were going through shedding? download/file.php?id=4198&mode=view
If so then damn dude :/ shedding is what puts me off starting any products but i guess it's better to try to retain what you have than lose it all? Btw, how obvious is it that you're shedding? Can you still 'hide' it by styling your hair?

But as for your progress, i have to applaud you :bravo: there is definite improvement and we can only hope it remains that way.

As for your treatment, would you say that the minoxidil has helped a lot? Since i'm considering starting a regimen, and i'm set on finasteride and nizoral, however i'm not so sure about minoxidil.

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score

n0142248 said:
Mate your temples are looking unbelievable! And your crown has completly filled in! Good Job! Keep us updated as and when!
Thx! I'm gonna do my monthly update soon.

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score

Draco88 said:
zeroheat said:
ABandInHope said:
Is this when you were going through shedding? download/file.php?id=4198&mode=view
If so then damn dude :/ shedding is what puts me off starting any products but i guess it's better to try to retain what you have than lose it all? Btw, how obvious is it that you're shedding? Can you still 'hide' it by styling your hair?

But as for your progress, i have to applaud you :bravo: there is definite improvement and we can only hope it remains that way.

As for your treatment, would you say that the minoxidil has helped a lot? Since i'm considering starting a regimen, and i'm set on finasteride and nizoral, however i'm not so sure about minoxidil.
Yes, that's when the shedding was at its WORST.. it was really crazy, I was losing hair everywhere. I could no longer hide it by styling.. my top would look "empty" and "transparent".. being able to see the scalp was horrifying..

I was very hesitant about starting minoxidil in the beginning.. but I was losing so much hair, I couldn't wait any longer. I really had nothing to lose. I'm pretty happy about minoxidil because it's growing lots of hair in the temple region.. I know for sure that minoxidil is 100% responsible for the temple regrowth. Having to apply it twice a day is annoying, and my head itches more than ever.. but it's the price I'm willing to pay for better looking hair. I'm gonna post an update with more details some time next week.