Zeroheat's Story-(Temple loss, Big 3, 962 days update pg37)

Draco88

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Zeroheat's Story- (Temple loss, Big 3, *UPDATE FEB 9* pg3)

Wow, that's some very impressive regrowth dude :) congrats!
Would you owe it to Minoxidil?

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score

Maxifoot said:
Congrats for the regrowth.... and consider yourself as a lucky guy....
I have been on Propecia for 8 months and did not notice any improvement so far (I'm below baseline). I'm always a bit jealous when I read stories like yours (I know I shouldn't)..

Cheers
I know, I'm very lucky. I hope you see an improvement soon..

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score

Draco88 said:
Wow, that's some very impressive regrowth dude :) congrats!
Would you owe it to Minoxidil?
Temple regrowth is 100% minoxidil.. finasteride is doing its job on the top it seems

Z3R0KooL

Reaction score

Wow, amazing results!!!! I hope my results are as good as yours. I am currently using Dr. Lee's Minxodil 6% because of the less ppg. I've been on Rogaine 5% extra strength for 8 years and all I can say is that I had good results. I was taking finasteride 1mg for the past 3 years and my hair improved drastically. However when I began working out intensely about 9 months ago, I started to lose my hair again and my hairline was receding. I decided to go for a stronger topical solution such as Xandrox15% plus but the yellow stains on my scalp made it unpractical for me so I had to quit using it and this was getting easily unoticed by other people. I have to admit that I was definitely seeing significant improvement on the temple area. When I switched back to Rogaine, I was itching like mad and it seems that I developed an allergy to the Rogaine. I'm sure this is because of the 50% propylene glycol and I was getting irritated of flakes in my scalp and I also believe that this could have been caused by Xandrox. When I began using Xandrox my scalp felt irritated almost all the time. I guess this was the ethyl alcohol which obviously improved the minoxidil penetration and the azelaic acid which theoretically acts as a DHT inhibitor. According to Dr. Lee, minoxidil is dose dependent and it treats only one of the two known pathophysiologic pathways. Xandrox treats both of them. However I still think that Rogaine mantained my hair very well.

I use to email Dr. Lee every day and one of my questions was - Why do I get a white residue after my 8hrs 2nd application? Let me quote his reply as I feel that Users of Minoxidil should know about this.

Dr. Lee's reply:
"Only a small amount of most topical drugs absorb into the skin. This is the reason we continue to find ways to increase the concentration of minoxidil in solution. On the average less than 2% actually gets absorbed into the skin. That would mean only 2% of 20 mg would absorb for 2% minoxidil and only 2% of 50 mg would absorb for 5% minoxidil. So what isn't absorbed, will leave a whitish residue."

I also had another question to Dr. Lee about my shampooing regimen because I believe that Shampooing is very important not only in maintaining the appearance of your hair and many people in these forums don't talk about it.

So my question to Dr. lee was as follows:
"I practically wash my hair every other day or sometimes I extend to an extra day. I start by using the Nisim shampoo, leave it for 1 minute and then Nizoral 2% ketoconazole for 2-3 mins and finish off with Nano Shampoo. First of all I am not sure if Xandrox 15%+ is applicable for those people who wash their hair every day because I can't really seem to stick with this regimen and I know for a fact that Xandrox would be best applied on a clean/hydradted scalp. When I wash my hair everyday I feel that my hair is dry, limp and honestly don't like using those harmful SLS ingredients on my head. Infact I always style my hair with the use of a blowdryer after having washed my hair. Do you think applying xandrox 15%+ every 3 nights without washing my hair would still be effective? And sometimes after washing my hair, my scalp gets slightly redish and this is where I normally apply the Xandrox. I'm really gentle on my scalp when it comes to shampooing. Do you think this is fine and should I keep up with this regimen as I am inclined to continue since I'm seeing some progress. However It seems that when I wash my hair after 3 nights, I get some serious shedding and this is mainly where I have dry flakes on the scalp. To my knowledge I guess this is caused due to scalp build up which is why I guess some of your patients shampoo every day?"

Dr. Lee's reply:
"It is not necessary to wash your hair every day. Xandrox will penetrate just fine whether you shampoo your hair or not.

SLS has nothing to do with hair loss. Sodium laureth sulfate has gotten an unjustifiable bum rap for many years because of misinformation. Here's a quote from a very good article on shampoos:

"Shampoos have an excellent track record in terms of safety. But you certainly wouldn't get this impression by surfing the Internet. Numerous web pages are devoted to the horrors of sodium lauryl and sodium laureth sulfate, accusing these compounds of causing ailments ranging from cataracts to cancer. These sites usually are maintained by promoters of "Alternative" beauty products and are piled high with falsehoods, misinterpretations and conjectures.

Most of the negative "information" provided can be traced to studies that were done 20 years ago and found that certain shampoos were contaminated with small amounts of nitrosamines, a class of compounds known to be carcinogenic. The ethanolamine lauryl sulfates were implicated as the source of contamination.

Manufacturers addressed this issue, and today's products are routinely monitored for nitrosamines. But somewhere along the line, it seems that the distinction between ethanolamine lauryl sulfate and sodium lauryl sulfate was lost, at least among some members of the public."

Some shampoo every day others don't. It doesn't matter. Frequent washing doesn't aid hair growth, and infrequent washing doesn't cause hair loss. "

:END

zeroheat: My question to you is...

How often do you wash your hair? I read that you are using Panten Pro-V. Which product are you using? Is it the anti-dandruff shampoo? How many times in a week do you use Nizoral and do you use a different shampoo after you rinse off the Nizoral. Do you itch a lot after using Rogaine because you said that you get your itching mostly on your temples and I would assume that this could be since you are applying the dose mainly on your temples. After seeing your results, which is quite impressive, I am having second thoughts to switch back to Rogaine. Hopefully this time I'll try to cope up with the itching because like you said, that's the price you pay!! And my last question is…what vitamins are you taking?

Thanks and I hope your good results will be an everlasting achievement. You are an inspiration to all of us :)

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score

Z3R0KooL said:
zeroheat: My question to you is...

How often do you wash your hair? I read that you are using Panten Pro-V. Which product are you using? Is it the anti-dandruff shampoo? How many times in a week do you use Nizoral and do you use a different shampoo after you rinse off the Nizoral. Do you itch a lot after using Rogaine because you said that you get your itching mostly on your temples and I would assume that this could be since you are applying the dose mainly on your temples. After seeing your results, which is quite impressive, I am having second thoughts to switch back to Rogaine. Hopefully this time I'll try to cope up with the itching because like you said, that's the price you pay!! And my last question is…what vitamins are you taking?

Thanks and I hope your good results will be an everlasting achievement. You are an inspiration to all of us :)
Holy crap that's a long post.. but a very useful one. Thanks for the info.

I wash my hair TWICE a day.. why? because I can't stand the feeling of minoxidil on my hair during the day.. and it itches! I wake up, apply minoxidil/take finasteride & vitamins immediately, then after about 2 hrs or so, wash the hair and start the day. I just hate the feeling of greasy, smelly hair in the morning.

I used to use L'oreal hair thickening shampoo as my daily shampoo, with Nizoral thrown in every 2-3 days or so. I have now dropped L'oreal thickening shampoo because I feel that although it does a very good job at making hair "look" thicker, it's simply not healthy for the hair. I used Pantene briefly but now I just use whatever's in the house (I recently moved back in). I still keep up with Nizoral 2-3 times a week. When I use Nizoral, that's all I use.. I don't apply daily shampoo after rinsing off Nizoral.

Now about itching.. yes it itches quite a bit. After getting a strong regrowth in the temple region, I now apply minoxidil evenly in the temples and the top, and now they both itch equally lol.. I wash it off pretty quickly in the morning so it's not an issue, but during the night, I know I'm scratching my scalp quite a bit. I still sleep very well, so it's ok. It's a small price I have to pay to get my hair back.. along with small decrease in sex drive.. you have to give up to get something and I'm willing to do this trade. As for the vitamins, I'm taking Omega 3 and "GNC Mega Men Sport".

I hope this helps.. and feel free to ask me any questions because I check this forum daily. Good luck!

Z3R0KooL

Reaction score

zeroheat said:
Z3R0KooL said:
zeroheat: As for the vitamins, I'm taking Omega 3 and "GNC Mega Men Sport".

Thanks for the info and sorry for the long post, hehehe. In case you haven't noticed, it's my first post on this forum so I have a lot of energy. I read about the GNC Mega Men Sport vitamins and they are very good compared to the centrum vitamins that I'm taking. MegaMen Sport has all the vitamins, along with a proprietary herb blend. Though the only supplement that lacks in GNC is Iron, whereas Centrum has 100 percent. I really hope that you are not taking the GNC Mega Man 50 PLUS because this product contains DHEA, a hormone that is known to produce or accelerate hair loss. Yeah well, I thought you should all know about this...

Itching was one of my main problems with Rogaine which is why I switched to Dr. Lee's product. His products are cosmetically better, for example the Minoxidil 5% product #500 is cleaner and dries within 15 min. The monoxidil 6% plus is also clean as his product #500. However I still tend to believe that the Rogaine 5% is better due to a higher amount of propylene glycol used. Why? ... because the drying time is slower and the minoxidil in Rogaine has a longer half-life then Dr. Lee's Minoxidil. Correct me if I'm wrong !! Even though the Rogaine contains more ppg which is often associated with the irritation to the scalp for some people, Dr. Lee's product contains ethyl aclohol which on the other hand, the scalp can still become flaky and dry. Regardless to what Dr. Lee surmised in his reply to my email, I strongly believe that the flakes and residue will diminish the penetration of minoxidil if you guys are likely to wash off the minoxidil every other day like I do.

Thanks for answering my questions and wishing you continued success with your regrowth.

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score

No I don't take GNC Mega Man 50 plus.. and I like reading things so your long post is just fine by me. I was going to try Dr. Lee's products if this generic minoxidil didn't do the job.. but as you can see, :)

Thank you and let us know how your battle is going.. thx

Nene

Reaction score

Zeroheat, I know you said the foam is expensive but trust me, it is MUCH easier on your scalp. I used liquid back in the days before the foam was out and that sh*t itched and gave me dandruff like crazy. I eventually got off of the minoxidil because of that and lost my beautiful norwood 0 that it was maintaing. :sobbing: The foam is so much better. What I'm trying now is applying foam in the morning so my head doesn't itch much during the day, and then liquid at night. Since I'm asleep my scalp doesn't bother me and I just wash it off right away in the morning. This way you can save some money by only applying foam once a day. If you can afford it, I think it's better than having to wash hair twice a day, all that washing isn't good for your hair bro!

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the tip Nene.. that sounds very reasonable. I'm going to try that if the itching continues..

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

That's some great regrowth. Don't get lazy or too comfortable and get off the regimen. I think this is already a success story and not even half a year has passed by. You're very lucky.

Bombarie

Banned
Reaction score

yeah, almost next update! :bravo:

Draco88

Established Member
Reaction score

zeroheat, how's it going so far?

I wanted to ask you a question in relation to your shedding (along with what you said in the topic here, and this one viewtopic.php?f=44&t=55928)..do you think you owe the shedding to proscar or nizoral?

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score

@JimmyNeutron: I will, thanks!
@Bombarie: Yes, I'll post it soon :D

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score

Draco88 said:
zeroheat, how's it going so far?

I wanted to ask you a question in relation to your shedding (along with what you said in the topic here, and this one viewtopic.php?f=44&t=55928)..do you think you owe the shedding to proscar or nizoral?
Still going strong.. I'm gonna take few pics soon and post an official update.
I'm not 100% sure, but I believe it was proscar that caused the initial shed.

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score

ok another update..
today marks:

1.25mg proscar: 5 months
nizoral: 4 months and 3 weeks
minoxidil: 3 month 3 weeks

Nothing new to report really, things are still going well. I can really feel finasteride kicking in now though.. hair on top is very very thick and nice.. I love it! Also, I reduced minoxidil usage from around 3ml per day to 2ml per day, and it has reduced the itching significantly. I'm realizing that more is not better for these type of medicines.. there's a reason why people recommend 2ml minoxidil/1mg finasteride daily.. I'm gonna buy a pill cutter and try cutting proscar into 5 pieces.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 8,857
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 3,814
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 9,882

Draco88

Established Member
Reaction score

Looks fantastic! :bravo:
I'm very tempted to start Minoxidil..i know i'd get some nice regrowth in my temple area since i still have some small hairs lingering about..but the whole shedding thing has me a bit scared :\

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score

well you never know unless you try..

Bombarie

Banned
Reaction score

damn boy, from a nw2 to a Norwood 0 in such a short period!!!! :bravo:
This 1 is in my eyes 1 of the best succes stories so why it hasnt been moved yet :punk:
Cheer m8!
You inspired me man, i began using minoxidil again!

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score

@irishpride86: thx man
@Bombarie: thx, do you really think I'm NW0 now?