Zeroheat's Story-(Temple loss, Big 3, 962 days update pg37)

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score
Hard to tell how it will turn out for you. Don't be afraid of shedding through.. you must go through it to get new hair

hey i have a question about shedding

im planning on just using rogaine foam for now because my hairline isn't that bad and im kind of afraid of finasteride
but can i apply it just to the areas with miniaturized hairs / baby hairs to make them thicker? but i read it causes shedding
would that mean the areas i apply rogaine on the hairs will all fall out causing bald spots? how bad is the shedding?

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't take them off.. I checked back today to see the response and my pics are gone, along with my update! I'll post them right now

hi zeroheat, why did you take off your recent pictures?

- - - Updated - - -

Hey OP, I'm new to this, do you buy generic proscar? if so how much? idk if I should get generic proscar or generic propecia
I've always used generic proscar. About $50 for 8 months worth in Korea

isishearmyplea

Experienced Member
Reaction score
okay :D. . .i am sorry if i am asking for too much but would you mind showing us your hairline with your hair pulled back. Thanks again, and sorry if you dont want to.

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, new pics. First picture is from earlier this year (winter). Rest are from this past summer. Hair still the same.. maintaining. Haven't really noticed shedding..
1.25 mg generic proscar + 1.5 ml minoxidil everyday + some oriental shampoo (mostly "Ryo" nowadays). My hair itches little bit nowadays, might start using nizoral again.

Does anyone know how to edit the title of the thread BTW? I'll answer some questions if you guys have any.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

isishearmyplea

Experienced Member
Reaction score
:D. . . awesome as fvck dude!! thanks for coming back and stay in touch with us.

albionlad

Reaction score
Dat hairline

Thanks for keeping us posted. I'm convinced east Asian people are the best responders to treatment!

ssjpotato

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey dude, I'm 21 and I have a receding hairline and currently taking finasteride. i've been taking it for about a month or so and since taking it my libido is pretty much non existent, don't wake up with morning wood and erections are a little bit softer. How long did it take for your side effects to go away and how long do you think I should try to ride it out before quitting? I don't want the side effects to be permanent.

Reaction score
I had this experience. Take yourself down to a half dose. If your libido comes back to normal (as mine did) keep in the half dose for a month then take a 3/4th dose for another month and then after those two months graduate to the full dose. With the exception of watery semen my libido is as good as ever. In fact I use the watery semen as an indicator to to tell me if the new batch of finasteride I'm taking is genuine.

bumblebeewang

Reaction score
Dat hairline

Thanks for keeping us posted. I'm convinced east Asian people are the best responders to treatment!

I don't know if that is true or not but I am also east Asian and have had some impressive growth in the past 6 months.
Thanks for the update zeroheat. You are without a doubt my inspiration and reason for starting the big3.

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey dude, I'm 21 and I have a receding hairline and currently taking finasteride. i've been taking it for about a month or so and since taking it my libido is pretty much non existent, don't wake up with morning wood and erections are a little bit softer. How long did it take for your side effects to go away and how long do you think I should try to ride it out before quitting? I don't want the side effects to be permanent.
My libido was completely gone for like first 3 months.. then it slowly came back. I think it took me like 5-6 months to become completely normal. Continue with finasteride for a bit more and see what happens. Worst case, it will come back once you quit taking finasteride.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know if that is true or not but I am also east Asian and have had some impressive growth in the past 6 months.
Thanks for the update zeroheat. You are without a doubt my inspiration and reason for starting the big3.
No problem. Good luck to you

codes08

Reaction score
Hey zeroheat. Did you happen to have any sudden setbacks throughout your use of the big 3? As in, things seemed to be improving/maintaing, then sudden loss?

I ask b/c everything was steady a month ago, and over the past few weeks my hairline has receded farther than it ever has before. This is at 6 months on the big 3, btw.

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey zeroheat. Did you happen to have any sudden setbacks throughout your use of the big 3? As in, things seemed to be improving/maintaing, then sudden loss?

I ask b/c everything was steady a month ago, and over the past few weeks my hairline has receded farther than it ever has before. This is at 6 months on the big 3, btw.
I did not experience any setbacks.. did you change anything during your 6 months?

codes08

Reaction score
I did not experience any setbacks.. did you change anything during your 6 months?

Early August I ordered Kirkland's cause I ran out of foam & started applying it a bit more heavily to the hairline area rather than mainly at the temples. I also went from 1.25mg finasteride to 1.0mg around August as well.

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score
Early August I ordered Kirkland's cause I ran out of foam & started applying it a bit more heavily to the hairline area rather than mainly at the temples. I also went from 1.25mg finasteride to 1.0mg around August as well.
Hmm.. it could be shedding from Kirkland minoxidil.. you should continue and see what happens

teddyfish

Reaction score
Congrats on the amazing results! I've been taking finasteride for about 7 months now and I've seen some regrowth around the hairline and overall my hair seems darker and thicker as well but It's not where i'd like it to be. I'm thinking of adding minoxidil to my regime but I'm unsure how to go about it and which brand I should buy, I'm looking to use it once a day at night. What do you recommend?

asian

Reaction score
how was your experience with the big 3? how old are you and what Norwood?

26. NW2.5.

I've been using finasteride since beginning of the year. nizoral since the summer.

Hairline has taken a hit, hairs are thinner than before. Constant shedding.

Here's to gaining it all back!

mosd

Established Member
Reaction score
zeroheart, how bad was your sides when they were at worst? Could you describe little more about your sides? Didnt u think about sex, or didnt u get hard or softer erection?

And how long it took until they were gone and how ur sexdrive and erections are now?