Zeroheat's Story-(Temple loss, Big 3, 962 days update pg37)

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, zeroheat! I see your progress from the first page & it's amazing!

I heard that using minoxidil will only effective for the first 2 years. Do you feel any shedding in recent years so you have to increase the dosage?
Btw, any pics updates this year?
I don't feel any shedding. Still going strong with minoxidil.
I will post new pics soon

- - - Updated - - -

Can't be arsed to go back and find the post to quote it; but with regard to the "Asians respond better to treatment" logic, imo it's less about them responding better and more about their hair characteristics giving them a very lucid visual impact.

Either way, massive grats zero :)
THanks buddy!

- - - Updated - - -

hi zeroheat,
i am 19 & was Norwood 2.5 & started with finasteride 1mg & Minoxdil 10% 3 months ago.
Now i have started to notice some sides from Finastride
1.Weak erections
2.Watery semen
3.low libido
4.loss of morningwood
my question is there any chances that my sides will subside with continued usage, if yes than how long should i wait before discontinuation of finasteride??
& also if i quit finasteride what could be the alternative?
I experienced the exact same side effects.. they went away after like 5-6 months. Continue with finasteride for 3 more months and see what happens. And there is no alternative, sadly..

- - - Updated - - -

Hi zeroheat, have been following your thread. Hats off for your regimen & success achieved.

I have been applying minoxidil 5% - 1ml daily & using Nizral once a week for around 3months now.

Started finasteride 1mg once daily, 15days back & now facing its side effects (weak erection & loss of morningwood).

Pls advice me further, as I too intend querying same as simtastic's post above. Awaiting your reply.
Went through the same thing. Started to get better after 3 months or so, and sides completely disappeared after like 6 months IIRC.. I have sex regularly with my GF and we have absolutely no issues.. and I've been on finasteride and minoxidil for a longgggg time now. Continue for now

- - - Updated - - -

Hello all, new pics as of today.. hair is a bit messy.. because of hair wax + sleep.
1.jpg2.jpg

BiqqieSmalls

Established Member
Reaction score
What an unbelievable recovery. You've been attacking male pattern baldness for the past 6 years, is that correct? Have you missed any treatments?

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score
What an unbelievable recovery. You've been attacking male pattern baldness for the past 6 years, is that correct? Have you missed any treatments?
Missed the treatment for like 2 months when I was in the basic army training course.. that's pretty much it. I guess it's already been 6 years!

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
This is truly an unbelievable success story.

Iwilldo90days

Reaction score
Hey zeroheat,

just want to know how long it took to get regrowth? Are you still experiencing regrowth or better quality hair? Iv been on the big3 for almost 7months and i have had no results. Should i just give up? Theres not even any thin hairs growing back? I do still lose hairs aswell. Any suggestions?

unluckyguy

Reaction score
hey zeroheat,

how do you apply the minoxidil when you started? (~3 months in)

did you put 3ml all over your scalp? or just the top and temples + front?

thanks!

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey zeroheat,

just want to know how long it took to get regrowth? Are you still experiencing regrowth or better quality hair? Iv been on the big3 for almost 7months and i have had no results. Should i just give up? Theres not even any thin hairs growing back? I do still lose hairs aswell. Any suggestions?
My regrowth started at around 3 months mark and it was at the peak @ about 8-9 months IIRC.. I'm no longer experiencing regrowth, just maintaining. You should continue for now

- - - Updated - - -

hey zeroheat,

how do you apply the minoxidil when you started? (~3 months in)

did you put 3ml all over your scalp? or just the top and temples + front?

thanks!
I apply around 1.5ml - 2 ml just on the top + temples.

- - - Updated - - -

This is truly an unbelievable success story.
Thank you I am very lucky..

- - - Updated - - -

Absolutely amazing story, congrats
Thanks a lot!

Parry

Reaction score
Went through the same thing. Started to get better after 3 months or so, and sides completely disappeared after like 6 months IIRC.. I have sex regularly with my GF and we have absolutely no issues.. and I've been on finasteride and minoxidil for a longgggg time now. Continue for now

Hi zeroheat, as per your advise have continued with finasteride. Had under eye puffiness earlier as well but lately have noticed puffiness over the upper eyelids as well, burning sensation & bloated face. Could these be the sides coming from minoxidil? Are these reversible? What do you advise?

mjrules

Reaction score
Hello Zeroheat..wow you had wonderful results..congrats dude.. can u plz me

I'm suffering from huge Thinning ..Plz Help me someone..What to do..In 2011,I Didn't had any hair problem before..I Had Thickest Hair...It all started when i was in 19 currently 2 years

back..(been having slight receding hairline from age 17).
In 2012, I Went to doctor for dandruff problem he prescribed me Scalp Lotion which has 2% ketoconazole and 1% zinc pyrithione

and after using it i got rid of dandruff and my hair has thicken a lot and also used vitamin e for skin problem..i don't know but hair has gotten good..and i changed my hair style to comb

hair backwards..I been using that shampoo continuously 2 times a week..

Later after April 2013, my hair started to fall out suddenly one day over 100 hairs and after 10 hairs daily..after that it began to slow down no hair loss ( one to 5 a day)

and later I was Suddenly filled with acne full of face...Then my hair also becomes dry as i was using scalpe for 1 year ..i shifted to dove shampoo and all..extra
After hair wash .. I began to see my hair was thinning a lot (Before its only receding ) later i was thinning ..I was so horrified and went to dermatologist he checked and suggested me multivitamin and he prescribed me pitirex shampoo which was same 2% ketoconazole and suggested me to use 5 times a week...
at the beginning of 2014..after and after my hair has receded a lot my hair was thinning and thinning a lot all over my scalp.. i was so devastated don't know what to do ..i was so grateful if you anyone can give me suggestions what to do plz sir help me

below i was attaching my pics . and kindly get me reply plz

http://imgur.com/a/sCffc

Thank you..!!

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi zeroheat, as per your advise have continued with finasteride. Had under eye puffiness earlier as well but lately have noticed puffiness over the upper eyelids as well, burning sensation & bloated face. Could these be the sides coming from minoxidil? Are these reversible? What do you advise?
I experienced similar side effects from minoxidil as well.. after 3-4 months everything was back to normal. How long have you been using minoxidil? If less than 3 months, then I suggest you continue.

sportsfan12

Established Member
Reaction score
this is awesome. how long in did you notice peak regrowth on the temples?

I am 4 1/2 months into finasteride (2+ years on minoxidil) and i have seen solid improvement on my crown and a little help on hairline corners. Im really hoping one of my temple/hairline corners comes in more

Parry

Reaction score
I experienced similar side effects from minoxidil as well.. after 3-4 months everything was back to normal. How long have you been using minoxidil? If less than 3 months, then I suggest you continue.

Its been around 4 & 1/2 months with minoxidil 5% & around 2 months with finasteride 1mg.

moehoward

Reaction score
Hi Zeroheat,

Thanks for sharing your success story with the community and congrats on your good fortune. It seems you did your research and I was hoping you could field the following questions given your experience:

1) Why do you take finasteride in the morning? Have you tried taking it at night? If no, why not?

2) Does finasteride ever make you sleepy?

3) Have you noticed any difference when you switched to generic finasteride? Or do you feel its the exact same thing?

4) Did by any chance have you had the flu back before you started using the big 3? Perhaps you had Telogen Effluvium (telogen effluvium) and what we are seeing maybe just a recovery from that?

5) In general, what does your diet consist of? Low sugar foods? Frequent Beef meals? Lots of carbohydrates?

6) Regarding your sheds, was it just one massive shed followed by several smaller sheds or just one large shed followed by several same magnitude sheds? Or did you have just like a few sheds and you were done shedding?

7) Do you feel shedding is a result of finasteride initiating hair growth cycles or is it just a side effect like many other pharmaceutical medication have due to the introduction of hormone altering agents?

Thanks and sorry for all the questions but given your level-head attitude, I get a sense that you are very pragmatic in your approach in resolving issues, not just related to this topic,
Moe

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score
this is awesome. how long in did you notice peak regrowth on the temples?

I am 4 1/2 months into finasteride (2+ years on minoxidil) and i have seen solid improvement on my crown and a little help on hairline corners. Im really hoping one of my temple/hairline corners comes in more
temple regrowth peaked at 6~8 months mark IIRC..

- - - Updated - - -

1) Why do you take finasteride in the morning? Have you tried taking it at night? If no, why not?
=> I've been taking finasteride at night time for a long time now.

2) Does finasteride ever make you sleepy?
=> For the first few months, yes. It doesn't make me sleepy at all now

3) Have you noticed any difference when you switched to generic finasteride? Or do you feel its the exact same thing?
=> Didn't notice any difference.. feel that they are exactly the same thing.

4) Did by any chance have you had the flu back before you started using the big 3? Perhaps you had Telogen Effluvium (telogen effluvium) and what we are seeing maybe just a recovery from that?
=> My hairloss is/was definitely male pattern baldness.. typical temple loss + thinning top pattern. Baldness runs in the family as well.

5) In general, what does your diet consist of? Low sugar foods? Frequent Beef meals? Lots of carbohydrates?
=> I eat anything. Lots of meat. Don't really pay attention to my diet.

6) Regarding your sheds, was it just one massive shed followed by several smaller sheds or just one large shed followed by several same magnitude sheds? Or did you have just like a few sheds and you were done shedding?
=> One massive shed in the beginning, followed by few minor sheds.. and haven't really noticed any shedding after that.

7) Do you feel shedding is a result of finasteride initiating hair growth cycles or is it just a side effect like many other pharmaceutical medication have due to the introduction of hormone altering agents?
=> I believe that shedding is a result of finasteride initiating hair growth cycles.

NoHairM8

Reaction score
Hi, Zeroheat!

Have you regrowed hair where there weren't any vellus hairs? Basically your hair coming back at your temples where there's nothing?

Diego96

Reaction score
Hi Zeroheat!

Great thread and congratulations on your results. I just started finasteride two weeks ago and my hair quality feels worse than before - thinner and less voluminous to the touch. Is this normal? I'm 18 years old if that affects anything.

Also, the main reason I started finasteride was due to hair loss in the temples - I still have miniturised hairs in my temple/ hairline corner region. Do you think finasteride is good enough or should I include minoxidil to my regime as well?

Cheers.

hair=life

Reaction score
Enquiry about nizoral

Hi zeroheat,
Could u please help me out with where to buy nizoral 2% from? On eBay and Amazon they selling 1% nizoral.
Thanks in advance :)