Zeroheat's Story-(Temple loss, Big 3, 962 days update pg37)

billy21

Reaction score
Congrats on your success. I'm considering starting finasteride but I've read a few articles about it causing breast cancer which has scared me off.

XoTiC

Reaction score
Congrats dude!!! :notworthy I recently started getting hair loss a little over a year ago, so I think I have good chances of getting my hair back (I hope)

Charles1728

Reaction score
Hey zeroheat, I can see you haven't been posting in the thread much recently - dunno if just army obligations or what, but I just read through virtually this whole thing today, and all the early pictures are missing. The later ones show up, so I can see where you're at - and I can tell from people's reactions that you've made some great progress (so congrats), but would you mind posting one of the early pics again so I can see where you started? It would be really nice to know since I've read through this whole thing basically blind haha. Thanks

bluejay

Established Member
Reaction score
would you mind posting one of the early pics again so I can see where you started? It would be really nice to know since I've read through this whole thing basically blind haha. Thanks

It must be your computer or something because I can still see them on page 1.

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Zeroheat!

Great thread and congratulations on your results. I just started finasteride two weeks ago and my hair quality feels worse than before - thinner and less voluminous to the touch. Is this normal? I'm 18 years old if that affects anything.

Also, the main reason I started finasteride was due to hair loss in the temples - I still have miniturised hairs in my temple/ hairline corner region. Do you think finasteride is good enough or should I include minoxidil to my regime as well?

Cheers.
You should definitely include minoxidil..

- - - Updated - - -

Hi zeroheat,
Could u please help me out with where to buy nizoral 2% from? On eBay and Amazon they selling 1% nizoral.
Thanks in advance :)
I haven't used nizoral for a long time now.. so I don't know where you can buy them nowadays!

- - - Updated - - -

hi zeroheat what brand is ur proscar?
It changes everytime I visit my doctor.. they are all generic versions in Korea

gg9880

Reaction score
Hai Zeroheat i want to ask about my hair condition for about 13 month before and after, but more sheeding in month 13

here my photo # before -- After -- Now
before.jpgafter.jpgnow.jpg

Sheeding again after 12 month
i use :
- 1mg finasteride
- 1ml minoxidil
- dandruf shampo

what happen with me there are anything wrong for my treatment.
thx for answer..

sawpalmetto

Reaction score
Hey zero heat,
I am wondering before you started using the big 3, what was your symptoms of hairloss? did you feel that you lost more hair after having sex or arousal? When was your shedding the worst?

How do you apply minoxidil to your head? put drops all over scalp and rub it in leave it overnight? could you tell me in detail so I can replicate.

Do you feel that minoxidil help more than propecia?

I am very hesitant to get on minoxidil and propecia because I don't want it to make my hairline worse.

gabranthx33

Reaction score
Hey Zeroheat

Hey Zeroheat , were you from Toronto ? i was wondering which family doctor did you went to get prescribed for finasteride. i feel like i'm losing my hair but i have idea who to talk right now. I told my family doctor and he doesn't seem to really care....

theenlighter

Reaction score
I am using 1mg finasteride since nearly a month and I noticed shedding,is that probably cause of finasteride or still my hairloss ? I thought it´s only possible to get on minoxidil shedding and not on finasteride,so I ask.

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score
Hai Zeroheat i want to ask about my hair condition for about 13 month before and after, but more sheeding in month 13

here my photo # before -- After -- Now
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Sheeding again after 12 month
i use :
- 1mg finasteride
- 1ml minoxidil
- dandruf shampo

what happen with me there are anything wrong for my treatment.
thx for answer..
I think you are on the right track. Keep it up with big 3.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey zero heat,
I am wondering before you started using the big 3, what was your symptoms of hairloss? did you feel that you lost more hair after having sex or arousal? When was your shedding the worst?

How do you apply minoxidil to your head? put drops all over scalp and rub it in leave it overnight? could you tell me in detail so I can replicate.

Do you feel that minoxidil help more than propecia?

I am very hesitant to get on minoxidil and propecia because I don't want it to make my hairline worse.
I felt like I lost more hair as I began working out and lifting weights heavily.. but I can't back that up with any facts.
I just rub minoxidil all over my head before I go to sleep.
I think propecia helps more with hairloss, and minoxidil supports the regrowth process.. in conclusion, use both for maximum effect.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Zeroheat , were you from Toronto ? i was wondering which family doctor did you went to get prescribed for finasteride. i feel like i'm losing my hair but i have idea who to talk right now. I told my family doctor and he doesn't seem to really care....
Yes I used to live in Toronto. The family doctor I saw was near Christie station.. towards the Ossington direction. I can't recall the name of the clinic

- - - Updated - - -

I am using 1mg finasteride since nearly a month and I noticed shedding,is that probably cause of finasteride or still my hairloss ? I thought it´s only possible to get on minoxidil shedding and not on finasteride,so I ask.
Probably because of finasteride. My shedding was really bad 1-2 months into finasteride

gabranthx33

Reaction score
Hey Zeroheat. sorry this might sound like a stupid question. but how exactly do you get prescribed for finasteride ? when i told my doctor he didn't even bother to inspect my hair and just gave me some kinda anti dandruff lotion....

ren01

Reaction score
Hi zeroheat!

Few questions:

1. In your shedding phases how many hairs were you shedding per day?
2. What type of hair were you shedding and any particular area?
3. How often did you use Nizoral in the start? Every other day?
4. Did you wash your hair with a different shampoo before applying Nizoral?
5. Did you condition your hair after?

Greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

gaspool

Reaction score
i have a couple question here :

what minoxidil do you use? its R*gaine or K*rkland ?
Better choice liquid or foam ?
how about if i use keto shampoo that contain 2% nizoral/ketomed ?

my problem is a little balding in crown are and thinning in front hair

regards bro,

INT

Reaction score
Hi Zeroheat,

I tried sending you a PM but for some reason it never got sent.

First of all, congrats on the amazing success your are getting. You truly are an inspiration to a lot of people on this forum:).

I had some questions regarding the initial side effects you experienced.

My short story: Five weeks ago I started with finasteride since I think that I got some thinning around the hairline and since male pattern baldness is quite common on my family (both sides) I knew what I could expect... During the first week on finasteride eveything was fine but during my second week I noticed a strong decrease in ejaculatory volume. This scared the **** out of me. The next day(s) I noticed that my erections were also not as firm as what they used to be and that my libido had decreased as well. Now the panic really started... I decided to decrease my dose back to 0.625 EOD.

Two weeks later everything seemed to be working a bit better again: Erections were back at 90%, libido increased etc. Obviously I was very happy but I still remained very cautious. In the last few weeks it feels like my progress stopped and my libido event went down a bit again which makes me extremly anxious. For the last week I think I spend an average of at least 3 hrs a day on the internet doing research about finasteride and it's side effects (no joke) and it really is destroying me... It is the first thing I think about when I wake up and the last thing I think about before I fall asleep.

I can still get an erection at about 90% and my orgasms still feel the same but what worries me is that it is harder to get a non-touch induced erection and I don't experience any spontaneous erections or morning wood anymore...Every day when I wake up now, and notice no morning wood it immediately feels like it is going to be a bad day...
My questions:
- How was the progress of your sexual sides? I think you mentioned that it took you six months to be back to normal, at what week/month was it at it's worst and how bad was it then?
- Did you take any supplements to combat your sides?
- What were your experiences regarding morning wood?
- Do you think your sides were partially psychological?
- What would you recommend me to do given your knowledge and personal experience? I really want finasteride to work for me and I would be devestated if I would have to quit...

It would be really really great if you could share your opinion! Thanks a lot!