who else here hate most things about them?

Jockson

Established Member
Reaction score
Long and lanky limbs are harder to fill out for sure but I would say it has also a lot to do with genetics and bone structure. A smaller guy will generally find it easier and faster to get "big" however when a tall guy does get there, he will look absolutely massive in comparison. At least in real life, not in pictures.

slipy

Reaction score
exodus, ur doing a 180 turn by going from pot smoking hippie to a hardcore bodybuilder? yeah thats what male pattern baldness does, makes you readjust your whole essence. :dunno:

fodandahalf

Established Member
Reaction score
LooseItAll said:
fodandahalf said:
LooseItAll said:
Bullshit there is no evidence of that. That's just a mith made up by some shorty to make up for his lack of vertical stature

Chill dude I wasn't really rewriting history with that comment I'm just saying really tall guys look awkward when they're skinny. I don't mean tall guys biologically need more exercise to stay fit, I just mean that they need a little more build to pull of a good look. Put Stephen Merchant next to Hugh Jackman. I'm not saying Steve doesn't look good, he's a pretty good looking dude these days, but he has always had that awkward lanky nerd look.

I wasnn't offeneded I am not 6'4" nor that was directed towards you. Just stating a fact that this is bullshit with no scientific or even logical background.

I didn't state anything that needed any scientific backup, I wasn't saying that taller dudes need to work out more to stay in shape. I was saying that skinny tall guys look lanky and awkward whilst smaller guys just look slim. Evidence for my opinion? You'll have to take my word for it.

LooseItAll

Established Member
Reaction score
Exodus2011 said:
t guy trains and gains 20 pounds of muscle, that spread over a 5'6" frame it will look bigger than those 20 pounds spread over a 6'2" frame

Absoultely illogical. The taller guy has more muscle cells so when hyperthropied he will just gain more muscle mass as more cells get stimulated to grow by training. So when a 5' guy will gain 15 pounds, a 7' will gain let's say 30 pounds from the same training.

LooseItAll

Established Member
Reaction score
monty1978 said:
sorry to go off topic but loose it all why are you using flutamide, is it working and do you have any side effects from it and if not, where do you get it from? I am considering using it.

Sorry guys for interupting

I currently buy it from goldpharma or a local pharmacy if I care to go for a prescription. Is it working? Hard to say, my Norwood hasnt progressed during this whole year, but I don't know if I can attribute it to topical flutamide.

Worth giving a shot. I have no sides.

LooseItAll

Established Member
Reaction score
I never tried finasteride. Was too afraid of sides.

seb

Reaction score
Exodus2011 said:

One study said 5 9",another said 5 10",an inch is a significant difference....which one is it?
I would say I was taller than 8 out of 10 males.So what is that as a percentage....20% are taller than me,not the 5% you mentioned.

Jockson

Established Member
Reaction score
Exodus2011 said:
LooseItAll said:
Exodus2011 said:
t guy trains and gains 20 pounds of muscle, that spread over a 5'6" frame it will look bigger than those 20 pounds spread over a 6'2" frame

Absoultely illogical. The taller guy has more muscle cells so when hyperthropied he will just gain more muscle mass as more cells get stimulated to grow by training. So when a 5' guy will gain 15 pounds, a 7' will gain let's say 30 pounds from the same training.
well this is just wat i was reading on bodybuilding.com forums

go tell them that
Bodybuilding forums in general are full of broscience, just something to keep in mind. For instance, most of those guys will tell you you must do squats if you want your upper body to grow. Simply not true.

One of the best physiques I've seen from that site comes from a 6'5 dude. Absolutely amazing transformation and yet he has long arms, wide hips, etc ie "bad" bodybuilding genetics.

seb

Reaction score
monty1978 said:
I'm 6ft and in an average bar standing at the bar I am taller than !most" people around me, like 75%. I have noticed though when I lived in a really rich part of the country that rich men are taller on average. I think it's diet!

6ft 2 is no way average height! Not a chance! At 6ft 2 you are entering the stage of noticeably tall!

Average at best! You lot must be live in oompa lumpa land if you think 6 2" is tall.

seb

Reaction score
monty1978 said:
I like being 6ft. I would not be unhappy though being anywhere from 5ft 8 to 6ft 2". Although I like to keep a low profile so maybe I would not like being taller so much. Def wouldn't want to be 6ft 4". Everyone notices you if you are that tall, everyone!

I dont know what they feed them where I live,but 6ft is below average,6ft 2" AVERAGE.

Jockson

Established Member
Reaction score
seb said:
monty1978 said:
I'm 6ft and in an average bar standing at the bar I am taller than !most" people around me, like 75%. I have noticed though when I lived in a really rich part of the country that rich men are taller on average. I think it's diet!

6ft 2 is no way average height! Not a chance! At 6ft 2 you are entering the stage of noticeably tall!

Average at best! You lot must be live in oompa lumpa land if you think 6 2" is tall.
Aren't the Dutch the tallest males in the world, and yet 6ft2 is still quite a bit above average? I think you underestimate now many short/er people are out there because you don't notice them as much. I'm 6'3 and when I do encounter guys taller than me I do notice it immediately whereas shorter people just look "normal" and I never think about their height.

seb

Reaction score
I can see youre point,however at just over 6 2" I dont "tower" over people.

seb

Reaction score
monty1978 said:
You can keep repeating yourself and you can even use BLOCK CAPITALS IF YOU LIKE but that doesn't make it true! I cane into contact with about 15 people today, men and women and no one was taller than me!

And people are here call me aggressive....youre point is invalid anyway because we are not talking about women are we....

seb

Reaction score
monty1978 said:
I said approx 15 people. that means roughly half of them were men. So let's be fair and say that only 7 were men. Statistically you would think that 1 of them would be taller based on your theory of 6ft 2 being average would you? :doh:

Perhaps you are taller than 6ft?....wow,you are creating a statistical average based on 7 males out of a possible,what?,40million males in the uk.

seb

Reaction score
Exodus2011 said:
ok seb

believe whatever you wanna believe

truth stays the same :whistle:

Ok I concide....perhaps thats the reason why I get so much sh**,not because I am sly(as numerous posters keep telling me),but because I am massive at 6 2.5",an anomaly.....sorry I take the first statement back,I dont get sh** off strangers(you know people I have never seen/spoke too before),I am paronoid according to certain posters. oh and I am 17st,I must be bigger than,what 99% of the uk male population.

seb

Reaction score
monty1978 said:
17 stone = 238lbs = f****ing huge

Could well be the reaon you are getting sh*t. People wanna take on the big f****r show how hard they are!

Thanks,for at least recognising I DO get s**t off people alot(more than anyone does/or should).Do you not think that being sly highlights my statue...I really dont believe I would get half as much hassle if I had a full set of hair.

seb

Reaction score
Exodus2011 said:
holy chit!

u said u worked out so that must be muscle (if ur doing it right) and from what im reading from other 6'3 guys on bodybuilding forums thats huge.

respect :) (i'm completely serious, i'm aware bodybuilding takes a lot of dedication)

No,I am not a bodybuilder,nor desire to be....I dont look 17st,I am more built like a rower/swimmer/sprinter.This is the result of years of heavy lifting,I have dense liagments,tendons etc,more muscle density then muscle mass.

inferiorgenetics

Reaction score
yeah...I hate everything about my appearance. Especially my face. I can't wait until I get plastic surgery, however horrible that may sound. It'll be a lifesaver, especially in my situation. I can't go on living with the way I look...I actually have BDD, body dysmorphic disorder, which causes almost all of the stress and anxiety in my life. I've been bullied and ridiculed my entire life because of the way I look....it's caused my self-esteem to plummet into almost nothing. male pattern baldness doesn't help this AT ALL! It's like, "thanks God, for giving me ALL of my families fucked up recessive genes that none of them have to deal with!". I can't get laid, even though I'm known as the funny/sensitive type, it all comes down to looks. Girls are shallow, especially at my age (early 20's) and they WILL NOT have sex with you if you're ugly, even if you are the life of the party. It's fucked up, and I've learned to live with it, even though I hate every bit of that sh*t and am constantly depressed i.e. drinking my problems away.

ONE DAY I keep telling myself...ONE DAY